• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Feds Paid $709,000 for PEER REVIEWED study,"How Glaciers Are Sexist"

Spike

Reaction score
Academics at the University of Oregon have determined that glaciers and the science that studies them are deeply sexist.

The research was published in the peer-reviewed journal Progress in Human Geography in January.

The study, by historian Dr. Mark Carey and some student researchers, was financially supported by taxpayer dollars. The National Science Foundation (NSF) gave Carey a five-year grant which he used to write his “feminist glaciology” paper. Carey has received $709,125 in grants from the NSF.

Carey attempted to link flooding from a glacial lake with an increase of sexually transmitted infections in women.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/07/feds-paid-709000-to-academic-who-studies-how-glaciers-are-sexist/

---------------------------

Dammit! I'm only asking for half a million in research funds to study why guns are Islamophobic!

Wow. I have no words. Feminist Glaciology. I believe I have heard it all now.

Carey attempted to link flooding from a glacial lake with an increase of sexually transmitted infections in women.

Yeh..tell me we ain't gettin' schtupped

Thanks a lot Spike

3n2QRC6.gif

Last edited:
For those interested enough, the abstract clears up a lot of misconception...

"Merging feminist postcolonial science studies and feminist political ecology, the feminist glaciology framework generates robust analysis of gender, power, and epistemologies in dynamic social-ecological systems, thereby leading to more just and equitable science and human-ice interactions."

I, personally, am teaming with excitement to see the "human-ice interactions ' filmstrip. These are heady times you bigots!

"robust analysis of gender, power, and epistemologies in dynamic social-ecological systems". Quit it, yer killin me!

These leftist tools have stumbled onto a real cash generator - the funding of vacuous bullshit. There are numerous "bullshit generators" "out there" that produce sound bite ready bullshit that would dazzle funders (rich people in early Alzheimers). It is apparent that such a generator produces these, er, "frameworks" and their, um, "research". Here, here, just read all this knowledge and wisdom. Its stupefying.

Y'know what the 'N' on Nebraska's helmets stands for, doncha? Nolidge.

tumblr_ndvom2FCQ11swxsyto1_500.jpg

Last edited:
If we just tax rich people more we can easily afford studies like this.

Obama doesn't give a **** about Americans, we can't get this ******* out of office fast enough.

**** Paris, Trump will rip up all this ****.

Obama administration pays out $500M to climate change project

The first chunk of a $3B commitment made at the Paris climate talks ‘shows the US stands squarely behind climate commitments’, the State Department said.

Administration officials said the initial $500m payment to the Green Climate Fund demonstrated that Obama would follow through on the promises of last December’s Paris climate agreement – despite February’s setback at the supreme court and threats by Republican presidential candidates to dismantle Obama’s agenda.

Obama’s climate plan is also under political attack from Republican presidential contenders who say they will scrap the rules and dismantle the Environmental Protection Agency if they take the White House next November.

Republicans in Congress have also threatened to scrap the power plant rules and block any US contributions to the Green Climate Fund,

http://www.theguardian.com/environm...ation-pays-out-500m-to-climate-change-project

Wow. I have no words. Feminist Glaciology. I believe I have heard it all now.

I would like to think that you as a woman would be more understanding.

This paper(a very well written paper) is about women in science, and as a sub set; climate science.

It addresses the historical scientific patriarchy ,and marginalization of women in science.

Of course the male CONservative baboons here think it's about ice and women. And even if some of them were to understand the context they just fall back on the belief they have that there is no racism or misogyny.

You know, the misogyny they've even directed at you at times.

This paper(a very well written paper) is about women in science, and as a sub set; climate science.

It addresses the historical scientific patriarchy ,and marginalization of women in science.

Of course the male CONservative baboons here think it's about ice and women. And even if some of them were to understand the context they just fall back on the belief they have that there is no racism or misogyny.

Bwahahahaha.......That's.******' classic Elfie

I would think you as a Libtard dumbass would refrain from showing it so often but please , do continue..it's entertaining to a degree.

So, in other words, academia is sexist?

Honestly, for that price tag do you know what kind of real substantial good could have been done? I hate government funded useless crud.. Id honestly rather them just give the taxpayer money away than spend it on nonsense studies...

Like you're doing now? Condescending ********.

SJW twaddle.

Math and school science can't be gender normed.

I would like to think that you as a woman would be more understanding. Sexist statement

This paper(a very well written paper) is about women in science, and as a sub set; climate science. Judgmental statement

It addresses the historical scientific patriarchy ,and marginalization of women in science. Untrue as per abstract

Of course the male CONservative baboons here think it's about ice and women. And even if some of them were to understand the context they just fall back on the belief they have that there is no racism or misogyny. Judgmental statement

You know, the misogyny they've even directed at you at times. Wow, judgmental and sexist

You must be proud of yourself

Hey, elfiePolo, as a devout believer in global warming ...

How long have you hated women?

I took it to mean all that menstrual heat from women is melting glaciers.

Your cramps are destroying the planet!

Not my cramps.....my menopausal hot flashes would be more accurate.