• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ford moving all production of small cars to Mexico

Spike

Reaction score
In a move that could draw fresh fire in the presidential race, Ford Motor says it is shifting all North American small car production from U.S. to Mexico.

CEO Mark Fields also says the automaker is committing $4.5 billion to develop more than a dozen new electrified models by 2020.

"Over the next two to three years, we will have migrated all of our small car production to Mexico and out of the United States"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ng-all-production-small-cars-mexico/90354334/

------------------------------------------------

landslidecxylatbumaeqvij.png

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/heal...8000-for-family-in-2016/ar-BBw92vd?li=BBnbfcN

And here is the leading reason why. Our healthcare system has become too expensive and since we are one of the only countries to place the healthcare
cost on our employers, the employers are moving the jobs to where they can avoid this healthcare cost (tax).

In a globalized economy our companies are at a disadvantage competing against companies who don't have the burden of employee healthcare.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/heal...8000-for-family-in-2016/ar-BBw92vd?li=BBnbfcN

And here is the leading reason why. Our healthcare system has become too expensive and since we are one of the only countries to place the healthcare
cost on our employers, the employers are moving the jobs to where they can avoid this healthcare cost (tax).

In a globalized economy our companies are at a disadvantage competing against companies who don't have the burden of employee healthcare.

So where does the money come from? the money fairy? It still comes out of the pockets of both Corporations and constituents just indirectly in the form of taxes. Governments can't just make health care universal and not pay for it like most liberals seem to think same with education. It still ultimately comes from the exact same place just with a loss of control from the consumer or corporation over how it is spent.

I wish I could live in the same dream world you liberals do and grow a money tree in my back yard.

So where does the money come from? the money fairy? It still comes out of the pockets of both Corporations and constituents just indirectly in the form of taxes. Governments can't just make health care universal and not pay for it like most liberals seem to think same with education. It still ultimately comes from the exact same place just with a loss of control from the consumer or corporation over how it is spent.

I wish I could live in the same dream world you liberals do and grow a money tree in my back yard.

you are waaay over 21's head with this. use crayon font or something.

And here is the leading reason why. Our healthcare system has become too expensive and since we are one of the only countries to place the healthcare cost on our employers, the employers are moving the jobs to where they can avoid this healthcare cost (tax).

I agree with the premise that the cost of doing business in the United States is the primary reason why businesses leave this country.

I agree further that the cost of health care is one such cost.

I disagree vehemently that health care costs are the primary reason that business are leaving the country. Instead, businesses are leaving due to the following (and in the following order):

• Corporate tax rates. The United States has the highest corporate taxes in the civilized world.
  • Wages. US employees get paid more than the employees where the jobs are being moved - most times, a LOT more.
  • Costs other than medical insurance - workers compensation, social security, etc.
  • Finally, medical costs, which are MUCH lower and less significant than corporate taxes, other insurance costs, social security, wages, and on and on.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2015/08/economist-explains-9

corporate-tax-rates-for-web.png

I agree with the premise that the cost of doing business in the United States is the primary reason why businesses leave this country.

I agree further that the cost of health care is one such cost.

I disagree vehemently that health care costs are the primary reason that business are leaving the country. Instead, businesses are leaving due to the following (and in the following order):

• Corporate tax rates. The United States has the highest corporate taxes in the civilized world.
  • Wages. US employees get paid more than the employees where the jobs are being moved - most times, a LOT more.
  • Costs other than medical insurance - workers compensation, social security, etc.
  • Finally, medical costs, which are MUCH lower and less significant than corporate taxes, other insurance costs, social security, wages, and on and on.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2015/08/economist-explains-9

corporate-tax-rates-for-web.png

So what he is saying in a nutshell lowering medical costs will not make a huge difference and will most likely be offset by an increase in the already to high corporate tax structure to pay for "free" healthcare.

I am correct Steel?

Don't forget the name of that bill: The Affordable Health Care Act. They must have been laughing their ***** off when they came up with that name. Who is it affordable for? That tiny percentage who is just poor enough to qualify but not too poor, as the most poor still have no healthcare. Obama is a straight up traitor to this nation.

So what he is saying in a nutshell lowering medical costs will not make a huge difference and will most likely be offset by an increase in the already to high corporate tax structure to pay for "free" healthcare.

I am correct Steel?

Truth. Further, the idea that a government-run health insurance program will "lower" the cost is demonstrably false.

So what we get is more expensive medical insurance, through government programs, with the taxpayer footing the bill in a shrinking economy due to the high costs of doing business in the United States.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpo...Effective_Corporate_Tax_Rate_1947-2011_v2.jpg

There is the Corporate tax rates and the Effective Corporate tax rates. The effective rates are what actually gets paid. They have been sinking in the US since
1948 and the current effective rate is approx. 15%. Corporations don't even pay their share of the military budget. A good portion of the military budget doesn't pay
for citizen protection, but rather for keeping the world safe for global commerce.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpo...Effective_Corporate_Tax_Rate_1947-2011_v2.jpg

There is the Corporate tax rates and the Effective Corporate tax rates. The effective rates are what actually gets paid. They have been sinking in the US since
1948 and the current effective rate is approx. 15%. Corporations don't even pay their share of the military budget. A good portion of the military budget doesn't pay
for citizen protection, but rather for keeping the world safe for global commerce.

So how does it compare versus other countries Effective tax rate? That would be more illuminating to the discussion.

It's the Unions too

If the UAW is looking for someone to blame, they need only look in a mirror.

I will only buy American - Toyotas. 76% American Made.

Trump weighs in.

3:55: At a black church in Flint, Michigan, Trump says cars were made in Flint and you couldn’t drink the water in Mexico. He says cars are now made in Mexico and you can’t drink the water in Flint.

So how does it compare versus other countries Effective tax rate? That would be more illuminating to the discussion.

saupload_us_oecd_effective_corp_tax_rate.png

"The authors of the report propose that the current U.S. corporate tax rate must be reduced by at least 10% or even higher in order to be in-line with the OECD average. A new academic study suggests that reducing corporate tax rates in high-rate countries will not cause significant revenue losses. In addition, lower tax rates will encourage U.S. companies to repatriate their profits stashed abroad and subsequently will lead to higher tax revenue collection for the government and stimulate more investment."

http://seekingalpha.com/article/257977-high-u-s-corporate-tax-rate-a-barrier-to-economic-growth

I am correct Steel?

So, Swiss has low corporate taxes, but let's see what their income taxes are like. 40% for all?

Trump weighs in.

3:55: At a black church in Flint, Michigan, Trump says cars were made in Flint and you couldn’t drink the water in Mexico. He says cars are now made in Mexico and you can’t drink the water in Flint.

That's funny right there, I don't care who ya are.
Because I'm a car guy and I know things.
What doesn't get reported is the effect that CAFE standards have on the automotive business. Corporate Average Fuel Economy. Right now automakers have to average 27 mpg for everything that goes out the door. This means they have to sell two or three small cars at little or no profit to boost the fleet mpg from the profitable big cars that people actually want to buy and to do this they have to artificially keep the price of small cars low to get people to buy them. There is no profit margin in small cars to pay for the other things mentioned above.
If Trump goes to the UAW annual convention and signs an order eliminating CAFE standards (it's not a law, just a rule) then it's a new ballgame.

If Trump goes to the UAW annual convention and signs an order eliminating CAFE standards (it's not a law, just a rule) then it's a new ballgame.

Interesting take. The CAFE standards have yielded some dramatic improvement in American cars in terms of lowering vehicle weight and improvement in the horsepower cars generate from 4 and 6-cylinder motors.

Interesting take. The CAFE standards have yielded some dramatic improvement in American cars in terms of lowering vehicle weight and improvement in the horsepower cars generate from 4 and 6-cylinder motors.

The engineering was more influenced by small Japanese and European cars coming in to our market than CAFE standards. Our auto makers had no reason to step up their R&D or innovate their designs while we were a closed market. One thing you will notice is even the 4 and 6 cylinder cars that make good power are "Gas Guzzlers" under the present CAFE standards.

The various regulations from state and federal governments also contribute to the cost of doing business in this country. I made a delivery to what used to be a Continental Tire plant in Charlotte NC that had closed production and was just a warehouse facility. They closed it down after some time after union troubles, and the management looked in to moving production to South America as a bluff to the union. They discovered how much cheaper it was to make tires in Brasil and began preparations for the move. The union offered to make concessions and the company told them no dice we cant make them as cheaply here even if the workers work for free.

Higher Café standards is a leading reason gas prices have dropped. Would you rather have $4 per gallon gasoline.

Higher Café standards is a leading reason gas prices have dropped. Would you rather have $4 per gallon gasoline.

Where do you get this stuff? Fuel prices have dropped because the supply has come up not because there is less demand.

Where do you get this stuff? Fuel prices have dropped because the supply has come up not because there is less demand.

Firmly lodged up his ***, I think.

Plus it helps the dimwits not to admit that supplies have gone up due to the extra drilling/fracking on private land and the government had ****-all to do with it.

Oh, it's more than that. Cheap Labor rates, cheaper local taxes/surcharges, harboring money overseas, stuffed political pockets USA pockets by Mexico ect..

No wonder Michigan is in such sorry shape. Trump will fix it.

That's funny right there, I don't care who ya are.
Because I'm a car guy and I know things.
What doesn't get reported is the effect that CAFE standards have on the automotive business. Corporate Average Fuel Economy. Right now automakers have to average 27 mpg for everything that goes out the door. This means they have to sell two or three small cars at little or no profit to boost the fleet mpg from the profitable big cars that people actually want to buy and to do this they have to artificially keep the price of small cars low to get people to buy them. There is no profit margin in small cars to pay for the other things mentioned above.
I wish someone from the auto industry would just say that. This ******* government dicks around with the market, which always ***** things, up and then blames the corporations.

It's just what he wants to be true.

I wish someone from the auto industry would just say that. This ******* government dicks around with the market, which always ***** things, up and then blames the corporations.

They don't want to piss off the government and get ****** with more than they already are.

Obama has already stated he wants gas prices to go to 7 or 8 dollars a gallon to kill fossil fuel reliance. He is a dumbshit of epic proportions that doesn't know the first thing about economics as his failed presidency can attest.