• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Former Steelers getting cut. Let the bodies hit the floor!!!

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Here are the former Steelers getting on with their life work, or prepping for a team's practice squad

OLB Malik Reed MIA
WR James Washington IND
TE Jace Sternberger BUF
WR Deon Cain PHL
DE Delontae Scott ATL
OLB/DL Taco Charlton SF
P Corliss Waitman NE
DL Henry Mondeaux JAX

C JC Hassenaur NYG placed on IR, out for the year.

OLB Jamir Jones legal issues, probably done in the league.

Seattle already soured on ILB Devin Bush JR and is looking to move/cut him
PHL may cut SS Edmunds

Place cut players below and I will add them here.

Last edited:
I’m curious about the Edmunds cut. He would be a good resigning and depth however, someone must go if you bring him back

Here are the former Steelers getting on with their life work, or prepping for a team's practice squad

OLB Malik Reed MIA
James Washington IND
Jamir Jones legal issues, probably done in the league.

JC Hassenaur placed on IR, out for the year.

Seattle already soured on Devin Bush JR and is looking to move/cut him
PHL may cut Edmunds

He would look good in Black n Gold. 😁

I’m curious about the Edmunds cut. He would be a good resigning and depth however, someone must go if you bring him back
Go with one less WR they don't need more than 5.

OLB Malik Reed MIA
James Washington IND

PHL may cut Edmunds

Other names recently cut: Jace Sternberger, Deon Cain, Delontae Scott, Taco Charlton and Corliss Waitman…

And there was some smoke that along with Bush, the Seachickens might be purging Artie Burns too… but both could stick too… we will find out tomorrow, I guess

Honestly, he is average at S..i don’t think he is actually better than the top 3 safeties we have and he doesn’t play special teams or slot corner, so i don’t see him replacing whomever they are keeping among Norwood or Riley or Killebrew…

OLB Malik Reed MIA
James Washington IND

PHL may cut Edmunds

The Seahags didn’t need a LB that fears contact or any players near his knees either? Curious

He was never used properly, bring him back!!!

as the sideline “get back coach” where he tells everyone to get back and move away from the action

The Seahags didn’t need a LB that fears contact or any players near his knees either? Curious

He was never used properly, bring him back!!!

as the sideline “get back coach” where he tells everyone to get back and move away from the action

Get back Coach is a VERY serious job———————— )))))))))

Saluter the nation

If Edmunds would play special teams he would be light years ahead of Miles Killebrew. He could have some sub package roles on defense and play special teams. Edmunds was always a beast in the box.

If Edmunds would play special teams he would be light years ahead of Miles Killebrew. He could have some sub package roles on defense and play special teams. Edmunds was always a beast in the box.
I have been ready to move on from Edmunds for 2 years. Neal and Kazee at least give us a chance at turnovers.

Killebrew is a better ST player than Edmunds would ever be.

I have been ready to move on from Edmunds for 2 years. Neal and Kazee at least give us a chance at turnovers.

Killebrew is a better ST player than Edmunds would ever be.
But as a box safety Edmunds is a better player than Killebrew ever was or will be. with the new fair catch start at the 25 rule I would imagine 99% of kick returns turn to fair catches now. So special teams really is only punt team. Edmunds in the box is better than any other safety on this team. He is lost in coverage but has improved compared to his first couple of seasons. But I have said since the day we drafted him we need to play him like a hybrid S/LB. Have him with 8 yards of the LOS. That is what he did in college and he excelled at it and so far in the NFL he has been awesome in the box. I think a sub package role for him instead of a playing 800-900 snaps. Have him play 200-250. Put him in the game for situational football. Goal line and short yardage and play him close to the LOS.

But as a box safety Edmunds is a better player than Killebrew ever was or will be. with the new fair catch start at the 25 rule I would imagine 99% of kick returns turn to fair catches now. So special teams really is only punt team. Edmunds in the box is better than any other safety on this team. He is lost in coverage but has improved compared to his first couple of seasons. But I have said since the day we drafted him we need to play him like a hybrid S/LB. Have him with 8 yards of the LOS. That is what he did in college and he excelled at it and so far in the NFL he has been awesome in the box. I think a sub package role for him instead of a playing 800-900 snaps. Have him play 200-250. Put him in the game for situational football. Goal line and short yardage and play him close to the LOS.

I know you like Edmunds, but the stats don't support this, and I didn't like his getting wrecked in the hole at the point of attack. I take 3 safeties on this team over Edmunds as a box, minus killebrew, but killebrew is my ST captain and I role with his punt blocking over a guy that just doesn't make game changing plays.

Let's go stats for splash plays:

Keanu Neal 7 Seasons: 8 FF 4 FR 3 INT 15 TOs 1 Pro Bowl
Average per year :1.1 FF 0.57 FR .43 INT 2.1 TO/yr
his numbers are better when you take into account he only has 4 full years of game play due to injuries.
Average per 4 years : 2 FF 1 FR .75 INT 3.75 TO/yr

Damontae Kazee 6 Seasons: 7 FF 0 FR 14 INT 21 TOs
Average per year :1.2 FF 0 FR 2 INT 3.2 TOs/yr

Edmunds 5 Seasons: 0 FF 1 FR 5 INT 6 TOs
Average per year :0 FF 0.2 FR 1 INT 1.2 TOs/yr

I said this 4 years ago and it is more important today. D isn't allowed to play D, so they have to create TOs. I want a splash guy over Edmunds any year. The only advantage I give to Edmunds is his durability. For the rest, I'd rather have turnovers.

I know you like Edmunds, but the stats don't support this, and I didn't like his getting wrecked in the hole at the point of attack. I take 3 safeties on this team over Edmunds as a box, minus killebrew, but killebrew is my ST captain and I role with his punt blocking over a guy that just doesn't make game changing plays.

Let's go stats for splash plays:

Keanu Neal 7 Seasons: 8 FF 4 FR 3 INT 15 TOs 1 Pro Bowl
Average per year :1.1 FF 0.57 FR .43 INT 2.1 TO/yr
his numbers are better when you take into account he only has 4 full years of game play due to injuries.
Average per 4 years : 2 FF 1 FR .75 INT 3.75 TO/yr

Damontae Kazee 6 Seasons: 7 FF 0 FR 14 INT 21 TOs
Average per year :1.2 FF 0 FR 2 INT 3.2 TOs/yr

Edmunds 5 Seasons: 0 FF 1 FR 5 INT 6 TOs
Average per year :0 FF 0.2 FR 1 INT 1.2 TOs/yr

I said this 4 years ago and it is more important today. D isn't allowed to play D, so they have to create TOs. I want a splash guy over Edmunds any year. The only advantage I give to Edmunds is his durability. For the rest, I'd rather have turnovers.
I don't think you can count a forced fumble a turnover unless the defense recovers. That said I stand by what I said. Edmunds is lost in coverage. I wouldn't want him back deep playing center field. I want him up near the LOS playing the run, blitzing, and perhaps playing short intermediate zone if need be. That is what he is good for. Miles Killebrew is a very good special teams player. But that is what he is. I don't value special teams as much as most. I feel if you can't get decent backups or role players to be decent special teams players then you have a coaching problem. Most of these guys have played special teams on multiple levels throughout their careers. You can't tell me an NFL coach can't get those guys to maximize their potential. Here's Miles stat line.

YearAgeTmPosNo.GGSIntYdsTDLngPDFFFmbFRYdsTDSkCombSoloAstTFLQBHitsSftyAV
201623DETDB3516017071000000.028235011
201724DETDB351631351355100000.038326112
201825DETDB35160000.0752001
201926DETDB35151000.020182001
202027DETDB35150000.012102001
202128PITDB281700000000.01394102
202229PITS28

Here's Terrells.
201821PITSS3416151350354001001.0785523136
201922PITSS3416160000300.01057134226
202023PITSS341512211078000001.0684622115
202124PITSS3417172150156000001.0896326816
202225PITS34151500005000002.0704129325

It's a moot point as Edmunds did make the Eagles 53 man.

If Edmunds would play special teams he would be light years ahead of Miles Killebrew.

And if grandpa had ****. he'd be grandma.

First off, Edmunds most certainly does not play ST. Second, Killebrew is EXTREMELY good at ST. He basically won a game with a blocked punt against Buffalo.

Remind me again, how many times has Terrell Edmunds basically won a game for the Steelers? Oh yeah, the same number I have.

First off, Edmunds most certainly does not play ST. Second, Killebrew is EXTREMELY good at ST. He basically won a game with a blocked punt against Buffalo.

Remind me again, how many times has Terrell Edmunds basically won a game for the Steelers? Oh yeah, the same number I have.

Edmunds played 24.43% of ST snaps last year. Killebrew played 66.21%.

First play of the highlight reel above. First game vs Bengals last year. Edmunds tackles the back on 3rd and goal forcing 4th down.

Edmunds vs Ravens busted up an easy conversion on 3rd and long in the 4th.

That’s just last year. The unnecessary hate towards some players here is ridiculous. Edmunds isn’t Minkah. Most aren’t. But he has some good qualities and he’s BETTER than Killebrew. Hands down.

You are debating with a guy that thinks Rudy is a starter in this league. He has radical wacky *** viewpoints. He is like cooch he will debate you with no end and still have his wacky *** opinion, even if you have solid viewpoints. Those two you just are wasting your time with. Ever notice how both think they could do a better job as a GM than the Steelers? They are both the smartest in the room if you aren't sure just ask them.

Benny Snell was released by the Detroit Lions. He was a late sign and had a good showing,but was cut.

Or maybe grandpa is a trans

Benny Snell was released by the Detroit Lions. He was a late sign and had a good showing,but was cut.
Sure, but could he have been Steeltime's grandpa?