• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Former Steelers Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger Discusses The 2022 NFL Draft Today

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Today the former Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger joined the WDVE 102.5 afternoon team to discuss the beginning of the draft tonight and several other topics.

Steelers Ben Roethlisberger with Family

Credit: Ben Roethlisberger Twitter Page @_BigBen7

The biggest question for years is how are the Steelers going to replace the future Hall of Famer? Roethlisberger seems to believe that they should start by solidifying the offensive line, and then look to add a quarterback down the road.

“Are either one of them going to be there?” Roethlisberger asked, referring to Kenny Pickett and Malik Willis. “I just don’t know. If they are, I think that they would [pick them.] I don’t know. I don’t know. I know they got some linemen in free agency. Do they feel confident that those are the guys?

It depends on where you look, but the Steelers could have their pick at any quarterback according to several oddsmakers in Vegas. The Steelers still have the highest bet percentage to be the first team to select a quarterback.

Roethlisberger might not be following the Steelers off-season as much as one would think. He has been busy doing a variety of public speaking appearances, and vacations, but he suggested they should add a stud center. They did add center Mason Cole who is presumed to be the replacement for Kendrick Green who struggled making the switch from guard to center in the NFL.

“There’s, I think, a chance that if you could get a really good center out there, you could go get him and move Kendrick [Green] to guard and sure up that line with Dan [Moore Jr.] and Kendrick and a rookie, another guy. You could have a good line for a long time and then find whatever quarterback you really want, whether it’s this year, later, or next year. I don’t know. I think you’ve just got to sure up certain spots first. But if that guy’s there and they love him, I’m sure they’ll take him.”

As an offensive guy, and a quarterback it shouldn’t surprise anyone that Roethlisberger wants the team to select a lineman. He knows first-hand how horrible they were last year. But the signing of James Daniel’s should boost a young offensive line that can only go up from 2021.

The Steelers Should Leapfrog Baltimore If The Ravens Don’t Trade Into The Top 10

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..