• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Former Steelers Safety Terrell Edmunds Eager To Challenge Criticism From Steelers Fans

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers have spent their last three first-round draft picks on offensive players, but prior to that, the team invested seven years of first-round selections (2013-2019) into the defensive side of the football. Those picks gave results that were all over the place. Included were definitive busts, Jarvis Jones, Artie Burns, and Devin Bush while Bud Dupree left for more money and Ryan Shazier's sudden career-ending injury stopped a dynamic player in his tracks. TJ Watt will wear a gold jacket one day, and then there is the unresolved case of Terrell Edmunds.

READ MORE

Why didn't he challenge criticism from Steeler fans when he was here?
He has plenty of positive feedback while he was here and after he left. He had some criticism sure but not totally unwarranted. He had some rough patches. Thought he rounded out well but not at the level that he might perceive.

While he was here, he was a solid 5 year starter, that’s much more than MOST first rounders ever achieve.

Again, he is no longer here so who gives a ****.

Salute the nation

he was a solid guy, but not worth such a high pick

even NFL.com had him as a 3rd round pick:

he was selected ahead of the RB the Rats trot out at QB, Nick Chubb and even James Washington. Though, to be fair, it doesnt look like the 2018 draft was all that spectacular. A lot of those guys were one-contract dudes or on their 2nd/3rd team by now.

Edmunds was underwhelming early and developed into a solid player. He never developed into a playmaker, but was a guy who helped you win. I think over time fans accepted Edmunds for what he was. Looking back, his play matched mid-round 2 value, so drafting him at the end of the first wasn't as bad looking back.

he was a solid guy, but not worth such a high pick

The biggest fault Edmunds had was where he was picked, which obviously wasn't in his control. Had he been picked in the second or third round I'd like to think a lot of the complaints would have been more tempered or even gone. There is a lot of expectation that comes from being a first rounder.

5 yr starter, where he was picked was out of his control.

I shame the coaching / GM for their place of picking him in the 1st round, NOT shaming the player.

EDIT: He more likely than not, would have been there in the 2nd.

Salute the nation

5 yr starter, where he was picked was out of his control.

I shame the coaching / GM for their place of picking him in the 1st round, NOT shaming the player.

EDIT: He more likely than not, would have been there in the 2nd.

Salute the nation
And maybe they did better in FA. Time will tell but I thought he was every bit deserving of a contract in three year range and 3-4 million per.

I hated the pick but he made the most of it. Solid starter, not a super star. But we have the all world Mincah. cant have them all like that. Wish he had stayed with us.

Dude is right. We never really appreciated him. We got 5 years out of him and he started 75 out of 79 games.

Looks like a pretty solid pick even in the first round.

Not mad at him to use it as motivation. He got better every year and will thrive there.

This forum ripped him yet 2 years solid and he still started almost ever game.

Damn good value even in rd 1. A FIVE YEAR STARTER. Or should we compare him to all the other players in that draft in rd 1 who now work at McDonalds ???

. Or should we compare him to all the other players in that draft in rd 1 who now work at McDonalds ???
Please name five former NFL first round picks that now work at McDonalds.

Please name five former NFL first round picks that now work at McDonalds.

SIR, YES SIR...I don't think I can answer that question accurately SIR...

I apologize for being a Maggot & using a figure of speech Sarge SIR...

Permission requested to exaggerate, use hyperbole, & figure of speech in future posts SIR....

SIR, YES SIR...I don't think I can answer that question accurately SIR...

I apologize for being a Maggot & using a figure of speech Sarge SIR...

Permission requested to exaggerate, use hyperbole, & figure of speech in future posts SIR....

I still want to see the McDonalds list……………….

Salute the nation

I still want to see the McDonalds list……………….

Salute the nation
His happy meal is missing a prize, so for now that takes first billing. Ronald needs to get his **** together.

Seriously who cares. If he has to ude his old fan base to motivate him.....so be it. When he was here I had no issue with him. Even being drafted in the first round. He was a solid starter. He moved on and so did we. Period.