• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Freedom Post

Freedom is me doing as I please so long as it does not harm anyone else or take anyone else’s money or property. It also means I stand or fall based on my own choices and efforts without guarantees. Freedom does not exist without personal responsibility.

Freedom is the government minding its own business.
I think those days are behind us.

GVpNgN0.jpg

Today's 'woke ' culture has somehow transcended the avoidance of all common sense and found significant backing to legitimize their stupidity. Who is behind it, is probably moot at this point.

xi6i8CF.jpg

Then there is the 900 pound gorilla thing.....

TbJsuQN.png

What do you define as Freedom? For me its simply just my ingrained desire of just being left alone.

Looks like that video was shot on Doctors Lake. He's pretty spot on.

To live life without somebody dictating it from birth until death. As long as you stay in your lane and don't tread on someone else's life we're good. Don't force me to pay for yours either. You know if you want to cut your pecker off or kill your unborn child. Which would tread on the life of the unborn and all they would ever be. Life,liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Gone. Denied.

The pursuit of happiness is always on us. That comes from within. Some never really find it.

https://www.reaganlibrary.gov/archives/speech/january-5-1967-inaugural-address-public-ceremony

Absolute Freedom cannot exist in a society. One destroys the other.

Ironically, as much as we complain and gripe, as Americans we enjoy more freedom than pretty much any other citizen on the planet. Now, I understand the concern lies largely with the erosion of such freedom. We of course understand as a species that pretty much each and every one of us, given the opportunity will take "more". We want MORE freedom, MORE money, MORE control.

The issue is, we want more control not only of our own lives, but other folks lives too. It's just human nature. We want to control what women do with their babies. Obviously we have control of what we do with OUR babies, but we desperately want to control what other women do with theirs. What do we care? Who gives a **** if some lady wants to murder her 4 kids as long as she doesn't murder yours. Ultimately it is not an MP or a YP (my problem, your problem) so what do we care?

Ah. I know somebody is dying to say "I don't want to pay for it." If that's your argument, what you are really saying is, "I fully accept abortion as long as it is privately funded." If that's NOT what you're saying then you are likely sticking your nose into somebody else's freedom.

But hey, let's be realistic. Some peoples' freedoms NEED to be curtailed. If a dude goes out and robs a store, he has taken something that doesn't belong to him. He needs to have some freedom taken away, at least for a period in order to realign him with the values and rules of society. If somebody commits violence or murder we generally feel the need to take away some freedom, if not for punitive reasons for deterrent reasons.

The only way society WORKS is if we all work together to limit the freedoms of others, as well as ourselves. If I were completely "free", I could walk up and shoot somebody in the face, because I am free to do so. Now, of course anybody else is free to walk up and shoot ME in the face as well. This is true freedom. Anarchy, chaos, domination of the strong over the weak. But this kind of freedom cannot exist in a society and a society cannot exist with that kind of freedom exercised. And so, we all must determine to what degree we are willing to give up or curtail our freedoms in order to live and work together as well as possible.

And so, in a very real sense Janet and Kris nailed it. Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. (as quoted above.)