• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gambling Suspensions

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
From Schefter and others. I guess the league is cracking down.

"Former first-round pick Jameson Williams was among five NFL players to be suspended for violating the league’s gambling policy. Williams and Stanley Berryhill are being suspended for six games each for mobile betting that occurred at the Lions' Allen Park facility. They did not bet on NFL games, the Lions said.
Wide receiver Quintez Cephus and safety C.J. Moore have been suspended indefinitely for betting on NFL games, and the Lions released them after their suspensions were announced. Washington Commanders defensive end Shaka Toney also was suspended indefinitely. They can reapply for reinstatement after one year."

They should be allowed to gamble on non-NFL games. Whole lotta hypocrisy on the NFLs part.

They should be allowed to gamble on non-NFL games. Whole lotta hypocrisy on the NFLs part.
They are allowed to gamble on non-NFL games. Just not while they are at NFL facilities or going about NFL business. Yet and still, as long as they are not gambling on NFL games, it shouldn't matter where they do it. Especially since the NFL has partnered with Caesars, etc. So, in a sense, your sentiment is correct.

Yeah this is BS, as much as they shove all the gambling apps down my throat, the players should be able to bet on anything that is Non-NFL, whenever and wherever they want to. This is unbelievably hypocritical, two guys lost their positions because of it

The NFL wants to profit off gambling and partnering up with sites….. this is what they get. They shoulda never opened that Pandora’s box. For years they stayed away from gambling like the plague and I don’t think they should be surprised now that it’s rearing it’s ugly head. ******* would sponsor bomb vests sold by the taliban if they offered enough.

Is the NFL tracking players phones? How do they know bets were placed while on the premises? If I’m a player, I’m having my union ask what data they are gathering form phones.

From Schefter and others. I guess the league is cracking down.

"Former first-round pick Jameson Williams was among five NFL players to be suspended for violating the league’s gambling policy. Williams and Stanley Berryhill are being suspended for six games each for mobile betting that occurred at the Lions' Allen Park facility. They did not bet on NFL games, the Lions said.
Wide receiver Quintez Cephus and safety C.J. Moore have been suspended indefinitely for betting on NFL games, and the Lions released them after their suspensions were announced. Washington Commanders defensive end Shaka Toney also was suspended indefinitely. They can reapply for reinstatement after one year."

I think I'll take the under of Detroit's 9.5 season win total. Free adivce.

I said this shirt 10 years ago when the NFL started partnering with Lotteries and Scratch offs.

Now they have a team in Vegas and official betting sites of the NFL. I bet the NFLPA works hard to point out the hypocracy that BKWheat correctly assessed, and the suspensions will be greatly reduced.

They are allowed to gamble on non-NFL games. Just not while they are at NFL facilities or going about NFL business. Yet and still, as long as they are not gambling on NFL games, it shouldn't matter where they do it. Especially since the NFL has partnered with Caesars, etc. So, in a sense, your sentiment is correct.
They've been partnered with beer companies for years, but you still can't be drunk at facilities, practices, or games...

They've been partnered with beer companies for years, but you still can't be drunk at facilities, practices, or games...
But you can have a beer at the facilities. And/or the league doesn't have any rules regulating whether or not you can or suspending you for doing so.

Apples meet oranges.

Still wondering and you had a chance.................................................

Wait, nothing said about bloody marys..........

Salute the nation
I'm a whiskey guy. No celery. Yuck! lol

Guys are better off trading stocks or crypto then they are gambling on sports. Just stupid immaturity

Guys are better off trading stocks or crypto then they are gambling on sports. Just stupid immaturity
Depends. A man could make some good coin betting the opposite of what cooch thinks. Take his Detroit ad ivice. Bet the over.