• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats, & FU's......@ Dolphins.....

Chicoman

Reaction score
Well not much positive stuff I can say about this game. Once again Tomlin can't get the team prepared and focused for a sub par opponent with a record of 1-4 with their backs up against the wall. GREAT JOB MIKE! OBVIOUSLY! This one might actually hurt more than the loss vs the Iggles. All around a total **** game....worst tackling performance I have ever seen from any Steelers team that I can recall! Absolutely pathetic that the Steelers under Mike Tomlin are 5-11 in the last 16 games vs teams with a loosing record! That blame has got to go on Mike Tomlin!

Game Balls:
Anthony Chickillo - Great game in your first NFL start. Showed that in his first NFL start he's already far superior to Jarvis Jones a four year veteran
Tyler Matekevich - 8 tackles in one quarter of play in the game. Welcome to the NFL rookie!
Darius Heyward Bey - 60 yd run....great play
Cobi Hamilton - Congrats on your first NFL TD catch!
Ross Cockrell - Continues to grow into a good DB.

Game Goats:
Ben Roethlisberger - Showed me he mailed it on in the 3rrd QTR when he threw up two ball to AB on consecutive plays without even surveying the field and seeing if any other WR's were open.
Jarvis Jones - What a ******* JOKE this kid is! Doesn't even deserve to be wearing a Steelers uniform! Absolute Disgrace! To see a four year veteran constantly get sealed on outside runs is unforgetable! He also sucks balls as a pass rusher! No Skills at all!
Arthur Moats - Not much better than Jarvis Jones today....same problems as JJ. He looked like **** today!
Mike Mitchell - WTF boy? 3 personal foul penallties today....GET YOUR HEAD OUTTA YOUR *** YA ******* PUNK!!!

FU's:
FU to the whole Steelers Defense....LEARN TO ******* TACKLE THE BALL CARRIER!
Joey Porter & Keith Butler - Cmon man anyone can see your best OLB is James Harrison despite his age at 38 years old. He shouldn't be playing one series to three series for Jarvis Jones. **** I THINK PEEZY COULD SUIT UP AND PERFORM BETTER THAN JARVIS in fact I'm 100% SURE OF IT!

Last edited:
Over 200 yards to a RB ?

FAIL

Butler FAIL

We know the O will improve, but to think the D will improve under Butler is a stretch...........

Agreed with all the game balls.. Nice job by those guys

The goat of this game belongs to one man and one man only.. Ben. Once he starts forcing things, he is utterly incapable of stopping. You can tell in the first quarter of any Steelers game how the rest of it is going to go, because Ben will either start hot and stay hot, or start cold and stay cold. Those are the only two outcomes

my "Woat" goes to a D coordinator, that seemingly has no clue out there, and makes no adjustments for the better.............

Reactions: MTC
Honestly, I thought both Jones and Chickilo were pretty bad today. Jones more so Miami kept going his way especially early on, but I don't know that I'd say Chick exactly had a good game. Actually, the linebackers as a whole were garbage today.

Ben was bad before the injury and awful after the injury. He seems to play bad against inferior opponents which leads me to wonder how much film studying he actually does when it comes to playing bad teams like this Dolphins team. He looked like he never saw the looks that the Dolphin's defense was giving to him and he made them look like the best defense in the league for 4 quarters.

No game balls you had it handed to you the biggest goat Tomlin head coach, did not have team ready to play, did not make any changes in game plan during beat down,, did not get in anyone face till four minutes of game. All finger should be pointed at him.

So Miami's CB Maxwell is apparently the best CB in the game...and I've never heard of him.

Butler....wtf? I know we have a shitload of injuries but damn.

Without Cam and Shazier we have no chance.

Ben was bad before the injury and awful after the injury. He seems to play bad against inferior opponents which leads me to wonder how much film studying he actually does when it comes to playing bad teams like this Dolphins team. He looked like he never saw the looks that the Dolphin's defense was giving to him and he made them look like the best defense in the league for 4 quarters.

I wouldn't say that Ben was good or bad prior to the injury, as he did not have much time to do anything. The Dolphins were really getting after him.

I did not really detect the "deer in headlights" look until he came back into the game.

My guess is if you don't have confidence in your ability to step into throws, it can **** with everything,including your mind/decision making.

First let me get this out the way, any team requires talented players, regardless of coaches.

Now, I am very unimpressed with butler. To put it blunt, plain version of dick. No blitz, no pressure what so ever,...yes again see first sentence. I can't tell how good or how bad our CBS are when they have to cover all day when a terrible qb has all day to toss the rock.

Ben. Another terrible road showing. I'd love to see his home/away stats. He shot the bed period, even before the injury. This isn't just this week either. If it wasn't for that gimic play what did he do on O? Nothing. Underthorwn, over thrown, bad reads...etc.
was it Haley and playcalling or BB saying let's go deep? When we are firing it's always "Ben making the calls". When it's ****, Haley is the problem. Bell. Yeah let's not use him this game. First and foremost biggest mistake.

MT...I'm not a hater, in fact I'm a strong supporter...but you sir **** the bed too. Yes you have injuries, tons for that matter,...you have a sub par def, but how the hell do we not come out second half "knowing" your star qb will be playing and not makes adjustments. Is it Ben being Ben? Is it Haley? Regardless YOUR responsibility to correct it.

4-2. The division is very winnable given the terrible play of the rest of the teams but what is that giving us? Ben you need to be better(much better), coaches you need to be better, and def JFC just step up.

Regardless how this season ends (minus a SB), I want butler gone.

Our Talent on D is just not there yet. I know we need time for the rookies / 2yr players, but a eFFin 4yr vet as Jones, we've seen all he is going to give us. Chick is fairly limited on his experience and looked like he was running circles around uncle Jarvis, as far as talent goes. I realize it is a sour taste of this loss, but to NOT do a thing adjustment wise was rediculous. The O had issues but the D had many issues. Butler needs to figure a way to get pressure with what players he has. I think a corner blitz or ILB blitz or some ******* kind of blitz as we just aren't getting pressure with what D has been called. Is it lack of coaching or lack of player talent??? Tackling is coaching so with our lack there of, I'm thinking our coaching is lacking too.

Salute the nation

With our D playing like that...we get stomped by the Cheats next week!

I want Mitchell cut! No ball skills, and does juvenile bullshit to draw penalties. ******* waste of money.

I agree. I am sick and tired of Mitchell's stupid penalties costing us. He's an idiot. And his play isn't good enough to put up with the BS.

A big **** you to the entire Steelers Team and Coaching Staff.

As always they **** the bed versus a team they should have beaten handily but instead just mailed that **** in.

I agree. I am sick and tired of Mitchell's stupid penalties costing us. He's an idiot. And his play isn't good enough to put up with the BS.

Same here. I've been a Mitchell hater since last season. The guy can lay the wood. But damn he is penalty prone

I think they tend to get enamored of what they "think" they can do. They "Think" they can throw the ball for 380 every game and thus they have to throw the ball for 380 every damn game.

It doesn't matter that the O-Line isn't holding the rush back and Ben is being rushed and refuses to dump off to an underneath receiver so things are getting out of hand. By GOD they are going to throw for 380. This is something that the team in general needs to get over. I also think there is a sense that with so many weapons, Ben needs to "focus" on a given guy now and then. I wonder if this wasn't supposed to be "Antonio" week. Perhaps the plan going in was to get Antonio some balls because he's been neglected for awhile. I don't know. But the fact is, you HAVE to go with what the defense is giving you.

Losing that opportunity for a FG and going up 11 - 3 early on was huge. You just CAN'T take a sack there. If there was EVER a time to run something a bit more conservative and just make sure you pick up the first down and keep the chains moving, that was it. But no... A huge opportunity was lost and pretty much all the momentum in the game switched from that point on. With the lead, they could have started focusing more on the run and put more and more pressure on the Dolphins. Instead the pressure flipped the other way and things quickly started going downhill.

Same old story.

Game Balls:
Anthony Chickillo - Great game in your first NFL start. Showed that in his first NFL start he's already far superior to Jarvis Jones a four year veteran

Jarvis Jones - What a ******* JOKE this kid is! Doesn't even deserve to be wearing a Steelers uniform! Absolute Disgrace! To see a four year veteran constantly get sealed on outside runs is unforgetable! He also sucks balls as a pass rusher! No Skills at all!
!

they had the same number of tackles and sacks.

Last edited: