• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's.............week 14...........vs Cheatriots.....

Chicoman

Reaction score
If you thought Sunday's debacle vs the Cardinals was bad, this one was 10 times worse! I think this makes it 20 losses vs an NFL team with a win percentage below .200 for Mike Tomlin. I'm all aboard the FIRE MIKE TOMLIN TRAIN! There is not one coach, NO ONE on this roster who is worthy of keeping! We need a coach who is a disciplinarian and not someone who coddles players and lets them control the locker room! It's almost like your parents today vs your parents 30-40 years ago and those of us old enough know exactly what I mean by that statement! These players have no respect for Mike Tomlin and he doesn't command respect in that locker room and it's evident in the players performance week in, week out! They might say to the media they respect Coach T but you can see it in their effort that they don't respect the guy. They have no FEAR of Tomlin. Look at the effort today by George Pickens or should I say lack of it....where is the FEAR that he might be benched by Tomlin? There is no fear because Tomlin tolerates that type of behavior! I'd bench his *** for the rest of the season after his effort on the field tonight! It was absolutely pathetic! Tomlin is soft when it comes to game preperation and getting his teams ready to play. That was evident in 2010 all week leading up the Super Bowl 45 vs the Packers. Tomlin had families at the practices, music, and no pads while McCarthy had the Packers in pads and full contact days before leading up to the game. You saw the results of that when Green Bay jumped all over the Steelers 21-3 before the Steelers did much of anything! We keep seeing that in alot Steeler games throughout Tomlin's coaching career. He is a terrible coach when it comes to having his team preperared. These Two games we should have absolutely destroyed both opponents and we come out lackluster and unprepared for our last 2 opponents who were both 2-10 and New England has the worst scoring offense in the NFL averaging 12.2 PPG.

I'm really at a loss for words after this one......I had a feeling about this game all along knowing how Tomlin never gets his teams properly prepared vs sub par teams. As a Steelers fan I'm completely disgusted in the outcome of this game and even more angry at the fact that Tomlin stuck with Mitch Trubisky the entire game without giving Mason Rudolph a chance. If I can see that Mitch Trubisky can't move this offense and is not the guy certainly Mike Tomlin and the Steelers coaching staff must see it....and they stick with him.....I'm SMH in disbelief. There needs to be changes up and down the entire coaching staff starting with Mike Tomlin right on down.....Give me that Offensive Coordinator from the Houston Texans Bobby Slowik. We couldn't convert 4th & less than 1 yd last week what made Tomlin think we could convert 4th & 2 tonight? Down 2 scores he should have taken the FG there.

Defensively I only know one thing....Teryl Austin needs to be given his walking papers! We can't keep that guy!

I'm so pissed off and heated watching this game it's going to take me several hours before I can calm down and get to bed and I have to work in the morning.....****!!!

In closing the only place this team is going down the stretch here is to the off-season.....right now at 7-6 I think I can pretty much guarantee Tomlin's first losing season as Head Coach!

Per Tomlin's Post Game: He never gave consideration to benching Trubisky and putting Mason Rudolph in the game.....Gotta love hearing that statement from Tomlin!
Alex Highsmith - Neck Injury not able to return

Game Balls:
NONE - for the 2nd week in a row......not one ******* player is worthy

Game Goats:
Mitch Trubisky - The guy should never start another NFL game......NEVER! I don't ever remember a QB I hated more watching on the Steelers. I'd rather have Cliff Stoudt back there! The last play of the 3rd Quarter a 3rd down play where Trubisky scrambled for 7yd to the Pats 9 yd line setting up a 4th & 2. He had Freirmuth & Pickens both wide open in the endzone for an easy TD. Rewatch that play but make sure you have a alcoholic beverage on standby....that was hard to watch!
George Pickens - Tomlin needs to bench this piece of garbage after his lack of effort tonight! These players don't even FEAR their Head Coach. Tomlin has lost Respect in the locker room!
Mike Tomlin - Another week vs a sub par opponent and another complete *** kicking vs a team you should destroy! Way to get them prepared Coach T. BTW Congrats Tomlin the only Head Coach of a team over .500 to lose back to back games to 2 teams that were at least 8 games under .500. A NEW RECORD!
OC & play calling - I don't know if it's Faulkner or Sullivan here but what was there 3 or 4 reverses tonight and WTF called that pass play at the Goal Line when your first and goal from the 1 YD line. 4th & 2 with the game on the line and you call a go route deep down the left sideline from one of the least accurate QB's in the NFL when you only need about 15 yards to get into FG range for Boswell to tie the game and send it into OT. GET THE FIRST DOWN! KEEP THE DRIVE GOING!

FU's:
Teryl Austin - lack of adjustments in the first half vs the worst scoring offense in the NFL giving way to a 21-3 deficit midway through the 2nd Quarter. Austin has gotta go! Zappe had 3 TD's in 22 minutes played.
FU to the Official who called Christian Kuntz for a False Start on that punt! Should have been offsides Defense and a Steelers First Down!

Last edited:
Good news: I did not waste time watching the game. I know as long as Mike Tomlin is coach, this type of ****-show will never stop.

Better news: I finished my case in Los Angeles (success!) and am heading home on Saturday!

Best news: Maybe, just maybe, the Steelers are one step closer to getting rid of Tomlin's ****-show.

Cannot argue with anything you said Chico. I’ve been advocating for Tomlin’s removal for a long time now. And Terrell Austin, please. This guy was fired as DC in Detroit and fired in season as DC in Cincy. Had one of the worst defenses statistically ever in the league, but Tomlin hired him. Just a side note: Coach Brian Flores has a top five defense In Minnesota. Just sayin!

Game balls: Mr. Rooney, the ball is in your court, even your grand-pap would pull the trigger on this one at the end of the year.

Goats: coaching staff has lost the players.

FUs: The players, have/take pride in your personal performance.

Time to hang out the Help Wanted sign!
If you don’t want to play or can’t coach, please move on with your life’s work.

Salute a highly irritated nation!

going to post this in the third thread

******* trade our whole wr group for Tank Dell

at least he has heart

That punt had no bearing…the 3rd and 2 and 4th and 2 plays when we got the ball back is what cost us the game.

he played well with his strained groin

hopefully he did not make it worse ]

walker never needs to have a helmet again

his only good play was a gift from ROberts

Talk about completely and utterly out of gas?! nothin but wide-*** open field in front of him with the ball and he can't score. lol

Makes me shake my head about JUST HOW BAD Robinson has to be to NOT play him at this point?!@

Again, is 3 seconds too much to ask for? Cheatriots o-line made ours look like JV.......

It's not a good football team, seriously. The head coach has his hands in drafting, coaching assistants, defense, offensive strategy, timeouts, play clock, challenges, stubbornness, and so on. If anyone here doesn't think he's the primary influence in every category pick it.

Reactions: xjx
Belichick had fun rubbing tomlins face in the pigeon poop on the field.

The 4th and 2 bomb down the sidelines to end the game is indefensible. The telling thing is we have seen that play on 3rd and short for years, across different coordinators and back to Ben. Only one person has been here for all that time: Mike Tomlin, and he’s responsible for the idiocy of that call being made again and again for years, ever heard of a slant?

This team is on the verge of implosion, Pickens lack of effort, Najee taking swipes at coaches and teammates in the media, Johnson taking no accountability for his crap, atrocious starts to games looking totally unprepared.

They are a totally irrelevant franchise, it’s all on the head coach, time to get on with your life’s work Tomlin

They are a totally irrelevant franchise, it’s all on the head coach, time to get on with your life’s work Tomlin

So here's the thing. Bill Cowher went to two AFC Championship games and a Super Bowl with Neil O'Donnell at QB, won a playoff game with Mike Tomczak at QB, went two more AFC Championship games with Kordell Stewart at QB, and with Ben for 3 seasons (one after Ben went face-first into a windshield) he went 34-14 regular season, 5-1 playoffs, two more AFC Championship games and a SB win.

Mike Tomlin has not won **** without a HOF QB in his prime. Now that he has mediocre QB play - like Cowher had for more than 10 years - we see how good a coach he really is. Answer: He's terrible. Incompetent. Embarrassing. Awful. Inexcusable. Pathetic. Flaccid. Pompous.

Greatest coach ever! Steelers should prepare Mason to start at Indy at this point. They have absolutely nothing to lose by starting Mason since Trubisky absolutely should not start another game. He doesn’t provide you with any chance to win even against horrible teams.

Talk about completely and utterly out of gas?! nothin but wide-*** open field in front of him with the ball and he can't score. lol

Makes me shake my head about JUST HOW BAD Robinson has to be to NOT play him at this point?!@
So you have confidence that this coaching staff can properly evaluate players in a practice setting? I don't.

The past two seasons, Tomlin has somehow found a way to lose to Zach Wilson, Dorian Thompson-Robinson, Bailey Zappe, and Tyler Huntley. What a blowhard fraud.

I'm just praying for some miracle finish so they stagger to 9 wins, creep into the playoffs and get blown out again something like 52-3 with the 3 coming off a field goal with 1:21 left in the game. Then we can hear some more about what a great coach Mike Tomlin is!

Goat
Mike Tomlin

That's the list. Two players said they took the Cardinals lightly and Minkah Fitzpatrick scorches some of his teammates. If you haven't watched the video, watch it. That can be placed directly on the head coach.

So you have confidence that this coaching staff can properly evaluate players in a practice setting? I don't.
you might be right.

i just cant even get my head around the choice. lol. you get your *** kicked time after time and then you keep calling every other player's number. even guys off the street FFS. omg

The past two seasons, Tomlin has somehow found a way to lose to Zach Wilson, Dorian Thompson-Robinson, Bailey Zappe, and Tyler Huntley. What a blowhard fraud.

I'm just praying for some miracle finish so they stagger to 9 wins, creep into the playoffs and get blown out again something like 52-3 with the 3 coming off a field goal with 1:21 left in the game. Then we can hear some more about what a great coach Mike Tomlin is!