• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

"Gas under $2 a gallon ain't bad either."?

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Obama said this last night, apparently to some applause. This is confusing, given his stated goal of raising gas prices -

On June 10, 2008 during an interview with CNBC’s John Harwood, candidate Obama said, “Well, I think that we have been slow to move in a better direction when it comes to energy usage. And the president, frankly, hasn't had an energy policy. And as a consequence, we've been consuming energy as if it's infinite. We now know that our demand is badly outstripping supply with China and India growing as rapidly as they are.”

Harwood followed, “So could these high prices help us?” Obama answered, “I think that I would have preferred a gradual adjustment. The fact that this is such a shock to American pocketbooks is not a good thing.”

Also in 2008, Stephen Chu, who Obama would name as his Energy secretary, said, “Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe,” according to The Wall Street Journal.
from - http://cnsnews.com/news/article/oba...nt-gas-prices-2012-doesn-t-want-higher-prices

Good old Steven Chu. Remember this one?
Energy Secretary Steven Chu said as Mr. Obama took office, “Somehow, we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe.” That’s $9, $10 a gallon. The theory behind the goal is that rising gas prices will make green energy viable, even cost efficient.

And no one in the Obama administration gives a damn what Americans pay for gas. They want prices high. That’s why they’ve proposed a new federal rule dubbed “the most expensive regulation ever.” The new rules on ozone, meant to drastically cut the amount of smog produced by power plants and factories, would wipe out $3.4 trillion in economic output and 2.9 million jobs by 2040, according to Politico.
from - http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...l-cheap-gas-prices-obamall-fix-that/?page=all

But hey, when market forces overwhelm even the most ridiculous policies, go ahead and take credit for it.

LOL, we could spend all day with this asshat's broken promises and faulty predictions.

'member this...."My administration is committed to creating an unprecedented level of openness in government.”

how 'bout this.....“I don’t want to pit Red America against Blue America. I want to be the president
 of the United States of America.”

I could go on and on....“I will sign a universal health-care bill into law by the end of my first term as president that will cover every American and cut the cost of a typical family’s premium by up to $2,500 a year.”

One of my favorites was .....“Will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days.”

It all started with the most famous lie of all times.

“I, Barack Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear that I will execute the office of president of the United States faithfully, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the constitution of the United States.

Lyin' muslim piece of ****

RZ2fpX3.jpg

Gas being as low as it is has nothing to do with anything Odumma did.

I suppose he supported fracking./

LOL, we could spend all day with this asshat's broken promises and faulty predictions.

'member this...."My administration is committed to creating an unprecedented level of openness in government.”

how 'bout this.....“I don’t want to pit Red America against Blue America. I want to be the president
 of the United States of America.”

I could go on and on....“I will sign a universal health-care bill into law by the end of my first term as president that will cover every American and cut the cost of a typical family’s premium by up to $2,500 a year.”

One of my favorites was .....“Will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days.”

It all started with the most famous lie of all times.

“I, Barack Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear that I will execute the office of president of the United States faithfully, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the constitution of the United States.

Lyin' muslim piece of ****

RZ2fpX3.jpg

Chip, this was one of our finest. Love it man. Sharin' this straight to Facebook, as is. I'll credit "Anonymous". Thank ya man!

Spot on -
The big fall-off-your-chair moment during President Obama's State of the Union address came when he proclaimed: "We've cut our imports of foreign oil by nearly 60 percent and cut carbon pollution more than any other country on Earth. Gas under two bucks a gallon ain't bad, either."

Sure, Mr. President. Take a bow for the smashing success of the very domestic oil and gas industry that you have tried to destroy.

Even Obama couldn't carry this off. The smirk on his face as he sang the praises of the oil and gas industry was unmistakable.

Right after Obama boasted of these low gas prices, he reverted back to form, by sermonizing:

"We've got to accelerate the transition away from dirty energy" — by which he means fossil fuels. Then the hammer came down: "I'm going to push to change the way we manage our oil and coal resources, so that they better reflect the costs they impose on taxpayers and our planet."

Then this -
The irony of the Obama war against fossil fuels is that the shale oil and gas revolution in America has saved Obama. During his first term, all the net new jobs created in America came from oil and gas as fracking took off in Texas, Oklahoma, North Dakota, West Virginia, Ohio and Pennsylvania. Obama owed his re-election to the frackers, but instead he and his Environmental Protection Agency have tried to shut them down.

The EPA has issued three regulations in the last year — the clean power plant rule, the methane rule and tougher clean air statutes — that have begun to shut down fossil fuel production in America, as planned.

full article at - http://www.newsmax.com/StephenMoore/Obama-Oil-Crude-economy/2016/01/19/id/709973/