• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gen. Mike Flynn: "Today We Are Officially Putting Iran On Notice"

Spike

Reaction score
President Trump's national security adviser, Michael Flynn, said the United States was officially putting Iran on notice on Wednesday over its "destabilizing activity" after it test-fired a ballistic missile over the weekend.

flynn%20statement_0.jpg

Statement by the National Security Advisor

"Recent Iranian actions, including a provocative ballistic missile launch and an attack against a Saudi naval vessel conducted by Iran-supported Houthi militants, underscore what should have been clear to the international community all along about Iran's destabilizing behavior across the Middle East.

The recent ballistic missile launch is also in defiance of UN Security Council Resolution 2231, which calls upon Iran "not to undertake any activity related to ballistic missiles designed to be capable of delivering nuclear weapons, including launches using such ballistic missile technology."

These are just the latest of a series of incidents in the past six months in which Houthi forces that Iran has trained and armed have struck Emirati and Saudi vessels, and threatened U.S. and allied vessels transiting the Red Sea. In these and other similar activities, Iran continues to threaten U.S. friends and allies in the region. Iran continues to threaten U.S. friends and allies in the region.

The Obama Administration failed to respond adequately to Tehran's malign actions—including weapons transfers, support for terrorism, and other violations of international norms. The Trump Administration condemns such actions by Iran that undermine security, prosperity, and stability throughout and beyond the Middle East and place American lives at risk.

President Trump has severely criticized the various agreements reached between Iran and the Obama Administration, as well as the United Nations - as being weak and ineffective.

Instead of being thankful to the United States for these agreements, Iran is now feeling emboldened.

As of today, we are officially putting Iran on notice."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-01/gen-flynn-today-we-are-officialy-putting-iran-notice

----------------------

yep, there's a new sheriff in town

Gotta keep an eye on those wankers

Obama didn't just embolden enemies he gave them billions.

If Obama was still in office and they did this, he would have paid them billions more to please stop.

I don't think the shake down act will work this time.

Bomb the **** out of them.

If Obama was still in office and they did this, he would have paid them billions more to please stop.

I don't think the shake down act will work this time.

Actually I'd drop an unarmed dud filled with dead pigs right in the middle of Tehran first just to send a message.

It's a weird thing to announce. Does that mean we are preparing military action? Don't get it. Hope we're not going to drawing red lines all over the place in the first month.

I still don't quite understand why the US is saying Iran can't have nuclear balance with their mortal enemies in Israel.

Cold War politics pretty much defined the mid 40s through the 80s for America. Why exactly is America sticking their nose into other counties cold wars?

(Yes, I know - you're worried that those crazy Iranians will USE the bomb. You do know that America threatened to use the "bomb" dozens of times through the 60s and 70s). We never did.

I personally am all for allowing Israel and the muslim block countries to wipe each other off the face of the earth. Why WE have to get involved, I just don't understand.

It's a weird thing to announce. Does that mean we are preparing military action? Don't get it..

Trump administration sanctions Iran on missile test

The Treasury Department placed new sanctions Friday on Iran, the first move by the Trump administration in response to a ballistic missile test that led the White House to announce it was putting Iran "on notice."

The sanctions were imposed on 25 people and entities involved in helping develop Iran's ballistic missile program, or assisting the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’ elite Quds Force in supporting groups that the United States considers terrorist, such as Lebanon’s Shiite Hezbollah militant group.

The sanctions targeted several individuals allegedly involved in laundering money for Hezbollah in Lebanon. The administration official also criticized Iranian-armed Houthi forces in Yemen for attacking Emirati and Saudi ships and acting aggressively toward U.S. ships transiting the Red Sea.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...49449e92c1f_story.html?utm_term=.784920508825

I personally am all for allowing Israel and the muslim block countries to wipe each other off the face of the earth. Why WE have to get involved, I just don't understand.

I would prefer if we didn't get involved in a lot of the thing we do. Seems senseless.

I still don't quite understand why the US is saying Iran can't have nuclear balance with their mortal enemies in Israel.

Cold War politics pretty much defined the mid 40s through the 80s for America. Why exactly is America sticking their nose into other counties cold wars?

(Yes, I know - you're worried that those crazy Iranians will USE the bomb. You do know that America threatened to use the "bomb" dozens of times through the 60s and 70s). We never did.

They will use it. Mutually assured destruction is not a deterrent. They will see their own destruction as martyrdom. Their theology also says that the golden age of Islam will not happen until the destruction of Israel. Yes, they will use it.

Putting everyone on notice

North Korea faces 'overwhelming' US response if it uses nuclear arms -- Mattis

Donald Trumps defence secretary has warned North Korea it would face an effective and overwhelming response from the US if it used nuclear weapons.

Speaking in South Korea on Friday, James Mattis reassured the government in Seoul that the US would retaliate should its northern neighbour launch any attack.

Any attack on the United States, or our allies, will be defeated, and any use of nuclear weapons would be met with a response that would be effective and overwhelming, Mattis said in Seoul before leaving for Japan, where he will meet the prime minister, Shinzo Abe, and the countrys foreign and defence ministers.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ng-us-response-if-it-uses-nuclear-arms-mattis

And he's telling Israel to tread softly with the settlements. I think that's enough threats and advice for one week. Not saying any one of these positions is wrong, just think we've had enough for the last few days.

One more time

UN ambassador Nikki Haley condemns Russian aggression in Ukraine

The new US ambassador to the United Nations used her inaugural statement to the international body to condemn Russian aggression in Ukraine.

“I consider it unfortunate that the occasion of my first appearance is one in which I must condemn the aggressive actions of Russia,” Haley said.

“It is unfortunate because it is a replay of too many instances over many years in which United States representatives have had to do that.”

She singled out Russia’s aggression in Ukraine.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/02/un-ambassador-nikki-haley-condemns-russian-aggression-in-ukraine/

One more time

UN ambassador Nikki Haley condemns Russian aggression in Ukraine

The new US ambassador to the United Nations used her inaugural statement to the international body to condemn Russian aggression in Ukraine.

“I consider it unfortunate that the occasion of my first appearance is one in which I must condemn the aggressive actions of Russia,” Haley said.

“It is unfortunate because it is a replay of too many instances over many years in which United States representatives have had to do that.”

She singled out Russia’s aggression in Ukraine.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/02/un-ambassador-nikki-haley-condemns-russian-aggression-in-ukraine/

Hit