• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Germany to arm Kurdish forces fighting Islamic State in Iraq

PoloMalo43

Banned
Reaction score
It's about time the Europeans who enjoy their liberty that we pay for start pitching in.

http://www.dw.de/germany-to-arm-kurdish-forces-fighting-islamic-state-in-iraq/a-17891859

I read in an AP article on this that in addition to the 8,000 G36's(POS) they were also going to send 8,000 G3's; the best assualt/battle rifle ever made( I would trade 5 M-16's and 10 Ak's for one G3) The kurds if properly trained will now be able to reach out and touch ISIS at longer range and with deadlier results.

As a side note WTF is going on with the German military? They've let themselves go like the prom queen after 3 kids and 6 years of daily 'oops! I ate the whole box' Haagen Daz consumption...... I guess this is what happens when you haven't been in combat in over 70 years.

http://www.thelocal.de/20140825/german-military

CSU leader Horst Seehofer told Der Spiegel that “there just isn't enough money there for the army to fulfil its duties,” saying that he wanted to bring military procurement onto the agenda in the German Parliament.

And CSU defence expert Florian Hahn estimated that seven billion euros of investment were needed just to stop the deterioration of the army's equipment.

Germany's army, the Bundeswehr, has 183,000 men under arms with 145,000 more in reserve. It boasts, on paper, over 400 tanks and over 4,000 armoured fighting vehicles.

However, much of its equipment is in dire need of repairs and currently unfit for use.

Just eight of its 109 Eurofighter aircraft are combat-ready and the majority of its transport helicopter fleet is grounded, according to the internal military report seen by Der Spiegel.

Even basic items like Mercedes-manufactured Unimog trucks are in many cases not in working condition.

hells bells, take all our forces out of Europe, let them all pay for their own damn defense.

It's about time the Europeans who enjoy their liberty that we pay for start pitching in.

1st time I have agreed with anything you have said

The ******* Saudis need to do some of the heavy lifting, as well as the Kuwaitis.

That is what happens when your government cuts the military budget down to almost nothing. When by brother was stationed in Germany on a joint base he said half of the German vehicles on base didn't run and a third of the men had no weapons because they cut the budget so bad. Used it all for social programs. They have started to reverse that as they found out it is not the way to go. We could learn from that.

This must the 7th sign.

I am on the same side as polio

Polio is a Reich Winger now?

Polio is a Reich Winger now?

What does the truth about things have to do with what side your on? Oh yeah, yeah...you're a Reich Winger for you it's all 'black and white', sometimes literally.

In related news George Will is now a liberal...Oh no....it's... again, the truth about things should not be defined by your anger that there is a black man in the white house, it should be defined by the facts.

George Will Praises Obama's Caution On Taking Military Action Against ISIS

http://crooksandliars.com/2014/08/george-will-praises-obamas-caution-taking

I'm sure somewhere Steelerlynn and other military wives/family appreciates the President not just jumping and playing cowboy with other peoples loved ones lives. Remember the other guy the one who said "Bring it on" and "Wanted dead or alive" while he went fishing in Crawford and earlier in his life got daddy to place him in the National Guard while real men fought in Vietnam?

Steelerlynn would never admit her appreciation to the RWCJ chicken hawk club here though.

Let other countries spend their money and send their kids to bleed for a change, and if they won't or can't do it then yes we have to intervene. Iraq also needs to decide if they want to go Saigon 1975 or not, haven't we learned that mistake yet?

Last edited:
What does the truth about things have to do with what side your on?

Everything. The right descends from truth; yours from deception. Its why they call it the right.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

http://www.dw.de/germany-to-arm-kurdish-forces-fighting-islamic-state-in-iraq/a-17891859

I read in an AP article on this that in addition to the 8,000 G36's(POS) they were also going to send 8,000 G3's; the best assualt/battle rifle ever made( I would trade 5 M-16's and 10 Ak's for one G3) The kurds if properly trained will now be able to reach out and touch ISIS at longer range and with deadlier results.

As a side note WTF is going on with the German military? They've let themselves go like the prom queen after 3 kids and 6 years of daily 'oops! I ate the whole box' Haagen Daz consumption...... I guess this is what happens when you haven't been in combat in over 70 years.

http://www.thelocal.de/20140825/german-military

CSU leader Horst Seehofer told Der Spiegel that “there just isn't enough money there for the army to fulfil its duties,” saying that he wanted to bring military procurement onto the agenda in the German Parliament.

And CSU defence expert Florian Hahn estimated that seven billion euros of investment were needed just to stop the deterioration of the army's equipment.

Germany's army, the Bundeswehr, has 183,000 men under arms with 145,000 more in reserve. It boasts, on paper, over 400 tanks and over 4,000 armoured fighting vehicles.

However, much of its equipment is in dire need of repairs and currently unfit for use.

Just eight of its 109 Eurofighter aircraft are combat-ready and the majority of its transport helicopter fleet is grounded, according to the internal military report seen by Der Spiegel.

Even basic items like Mercedes-manufactured Unimog trucks are in many cases not in working condition.

Only in favor of everyone paying their fair share abroad?

Priceless!! Thank you for posting!

It was in the late 1400's that the 'Golden Horde Mongols' changed their country name to Russia. I'd change it back - it's way cooler.

And Poland was a mighty power in the early 1600's with a huge area of control over Eastern Europe - ahhhhhhhhhh, the good olde days.

Germany....doing the job (arming Kurds) that we should have done in 1991. Kudos to them.

Is there a Hitler parody video on this yet?

Everything. The right descends from truth; yours from deception. Its why they call it the right.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

You do know the concept of political left/right was created by the French a few hundred years ago don't you? Or do you actually believe that is some kind of literal political quote?

There is another in that bible of yours about playing with snakes and not getting bit. Why don't you try that West Virginia style since you've got such great faith?

Try and see where the deception lies..............go on.

Russia, Iran, China = the New World Order superpower

Mission Accomplished!

Obama_1242299c.jpg

Russia Hails Ties with Iran

MOSCOW, Aug. 28 (Xinhua) -- Russia said Thursday that its relations with Iran have been growing, citing shared approaches on several major international and regional affairs

"We are set to continue the comprehensive development of the entire range of mutually advantageous relations with Iran and to strengthen bilateral cooperation in the interest of regional stability and global security," said the ministry.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/xinhua-news-agency/140828/russia-hails-ties-iran

Last edited:
We need china. Come on, I love me some king pao chicken!!!