• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Global Warming Alert! - Antarctic sea ice covers record area

Spike

Reaction score
Antarctic sea ice reaches record levels, scientists say

An area about three times the size of Australia, in the Antarctic region, is now covered by sea ice.

896516-3x2-940x627.jpg

Scientists say the extent of Antarctic sea ice cover is at its highest level since records began.

Satellite imagery reveals an area of about 20 million square kilometres covered by sea ice around the Antarctic continent.

Jan Lieser from the Antarctic Climate and Ecosystems Cooperative Research Centre (CRC) said the discovery was made two days ago.

"This is an area covered by sea ice which we've never seen from space before," he said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-14/the-wilkins-ice-shelf-in-antarctica/5742616

Must be caused by global warming. Making the artic warmer therefore making the Antarctic colder which will warm the seas which will cause colder temperatures and more snow in the north and and and and.....

I've posted it before...1978, beware the coming Ice Age...

It was about 48* here this morning but the southwest is in a heat wave so that means global warming.

Duhhhh, the heat is hiding. We all know that. Once that heat decides to jump out of the closet and yell, "Boo!!", hoo-boy, you'll see.

I don't get it. New Jersey was supposed to be underwater right now, with all the glaciers melting and such. I'm sort of disappointed because, well, it is NJ after all, where the state bird is the mosquito.

Duhhhh, the heat is hiding. We all know that. Once that heat decides to jump out of the closet and yell, "Boo!!", hoo-boy, you'll see.

That's what I'm thinking. All that heat that is being trapped in the lowest levels of the ocean is gonna start boiling soon, and when it does all of the ice is gonna melt and we will be taking refuge in the Rockies to evade the oceans.

That's what I'm thinking. All that heat that is being trapped in the lowest levels of the ocean is gonna start boiling soon, and when it does all of the ice is gonna melt and we will be taking refuge in the Rockies to evade the oceans.

Exactly ... I am glad that somebody gets it.

Hmmm. Those lying oil companies are spreading a vicious lie that Al Gore bought property in California on the beach - you know, basically sea level. I'm calling bullshit, since Al certainly knows that global warming causes all the ice to melt, such that ....

In a move that critics may cite as his own inconvenient truth, former Vice President Al Gore and his wife, Tipper, have added a house in secluded Montecito, Calif., to their real estate holdings. The couple spent $8,875,000 on a gated ocean-view villa on 1 1/2 acres with a swimming pool, spa and fountains, according to real estate sources familiar with the deal.

http://www.worldpropertychannel.com...elly-moneymaker-2525.php#sthash.wAmGWh3y.dpuf

to be fair, I googled the interwebs for a while until I found a pic of algores CA home. It is on a decent sized cliff. Even if all ice caps melted I doubt that home would get wet. Then again what do I know, I mean we are talking about the guy who preaches about solar energy, toilets that use 11 oz of H20, and yet his home must look like Disney on Ice because his electric bill a few years ago was 10x the average persons. And DO NOT post any ******* bullshit about how he was making renovations to make it more green. If that **** wasn't made public his *** wouldn't have ever turned off a light bulb, because a $2000 electric bill is the same to him as me paying a 5 cent toll.

to be fair, I googled the interwebs for a while until I found a pic of algores CA home. It is on a decent sized cliff. Even if all ice caps melted I doubt that home would get wet. Then again what do I know, I mean we are talking about the guy who preaches about solar energy, toilets that use 11 oz of H20, and yet his home must look like Disney on Ice because his electric bill a few years ago was 10x the average persons. And DO NOT post any ******* bullshit about how he was making renovations to make it more green. If that **** wasn't made public his *** wouldn't have ever turned off a light bulb, because a $2000 electric bill is the same to him as me paying a 5 cent toll.

I feel better. Thank you for that.

And Al powers his home with unicorn farts. We all know that! Those claims about his Tennessee mansion's power use were lies spread by oil companies, Steve McIntyre, and Hitler's heirs.

I don't get it. New Jersey was supposed to be underwater right now, with all the glaciers melting and such. I'm sort of disappointed because, well, it is NJ after all, where the state bird is the mosquito.

Nah... we won't be totally underwater. The northern part of the state will become a series of islands though.