• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

'granny state'

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
Bwahahaha...open mouth, insert foot.

Hillary left herself wide open for some real time zingers while trying to be relevant.

Clinton waded into the debate over compulsory immunizations Monday, claiming in a tweet, “The science is clear … let’s protect all our kids.”

She followed it with the hashtag comment, “#GrandmothersKnowBest.

Bill Kristol, editor of the Weekly Standard, however, responded with a tweet of his own: “Am I the only one who finds Hillary’s #GrandmothersKnowBest hashtag not just cloying but creepy? Welcome to the grand-nanny state.”

Others found the humor in Clinton’s hashtag simply too rich to resist.

“Hillary shows a complete lack of self-awareness with her #GrandmothersKnowBest hashtag,” commented Terri@CantBelieve10. “This is going to be fun!”

Some instead opted for more off-color humor, referring back to President Bill Clinton’s Oval Office affair with a much younger Monica Lewinsky: 150203grannystatetweet4

Still others added graphics to their mockery, like this one, where actress Betty White (in blue) perhaps best illustrates the reaction to “Granny Hillary”:150203grannystatetweet2

150203grannystatetweet2.jpg

The mockery doesn’t look like it’s ready to end, either, as comments with the #GrandmothersKnowBest hashtag poured into Twitter in a steady stream Tuesday.

Some were very pointed;
* "Grandmothers know best until they are called to testify, then they don't know anything"
* "My grandmother never committed perjury or fraud"
* " Stain-removal....Grandmothers know best"

One Twitter user apparently wants the laughter to continue, right through to the 2016 election season:
http://www.wnd.com/2015/02/hillarys-new-granny-state-buried-in-mockery/

I hope she does run, 'cause I don't think she has the same "Chi-Town" apparatus behind the scenes that Barry has, to keep this kinda stuff outta the news.

I predict mocking grandmothers won't be a big winner for Republicans. Most families hold grandmothers in high regard.

I predict mocking grandmothers won't be a big winner for Republicans. Most families hold grandmothers in high regard.

I live with one and she ain't so tough and mocking Hillary for putting herself up there with "Grandmothers" is not like mocking anybody else s grama or grama's in general, just mockin' Hillary for pretending to be a wise experienced...anything.

The grandmothers in my family are all wonderful people and I love them very much, nevertheless, joining AARP and cashing a Social Security check does not grant an individual moral authority or omniscience or membership in a protected class. Sarah Palin is a grandmother. Does Hillary think she knows best, too?

Naturally the press marveled at the ability of a rich and powerful woman to hire someone much younger and trendier, with smaller and nimbler fingers, to compose and edit tweets for her. How savvy Clinton is, how above it all, floating to coronation while the two idiot Republicans adopt a hippie cause as their own.

Last edited:
Speaking of grandmothers, Republicans haven't sufficiently moved away from Sarah Palin to be mocking Hilary Clinton.

What the hell's the big deal about measles anyway? I had them twice when I was a kid and I'm still around.

The problem for the Dems is that they don't have any other credible candidates except for Biden (and there you have to use "credible" loosely) because Hildebeast has been sucking the air out of the room since 2009.
You know Hildebeast wants the job BADLY but does she want it bad enough to go for it if she can't 1) look good after Bomma and 2) deal with a GOP Congress? I dunno.

With an electorate where 20% know who their senators are I give granny Hillary a big old blue dress in Hells chance

I must be getting old because I need to ask SteelChip to explain all that tweet stuff.

Please translate, young fella.

I must be getting old because I need to ask SteelChip to explain all that tweet stuff.

Please translate, young fella.

I don't be doin' it, just reportin' it...smartass....you know damn well I don't do no tweetin', you need to ask Berm 'bout that stuff ..LOL

I do have a scoop for yinz tho, Hillary's new product.

Speaking of getting old 'C'.........

2mzcrc6.jpg

Last edited:
Clintorious!!