• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Great Youtube Breakdown of Diontae Johnson

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys,

This guy does a great job of breaking down DJ's film to explain plainly what he does that is so special.

This goes more in depth into route running. Saying someone is an excellent route runner doesn't mean he knows what the routes are and runs them. Instead a great route runner creates separation within his routes. Little things to get open. Ward was excellent, AB after him, and now DJ Great watch!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/h8vdA1LwvU0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I stated in a previous thread about our receiver corps and Claypool that DJ was poised for a a great breakout season! I hope he keeps it up and holds onto the football.

GREAT find Cope, I scour YouTube often but missed this. GOOD in-depth break down, love it.

Definately DJ year.

Salute the nation

Nice bump, DIC (probably would have missed this otherwise). Great find, Cope. They sure do hit home runs with WRs.

I don't know F'ALL about next gen stats and Fantasy Football. But I do know a hell of a lot about officiating and I would like everyone to have a look at Dionte Johnson's punt return touch down against the Broncos. There is an official with an unobstructed view of the play ten yards or less who DOES NOT throw his flag. Then the official on the sideline and I'm going to be generous here and say he is 35 yards away, but I would honestly say more like 45-50 with bodies everywhere in front of him throws the flag probably 3 seconds after when it becomes clear that Johnson could score. That is ****** bullshit. That tape should have been sent to the league for sure.

His catches to targets ratio is not exceptional.

To be fair one of the missed targets hit him square in the back. Ben and DJ will get on the same page soon. This is going to be a special combo and very fun to watch.

Final point, we have excellent hands catchers across the board now. DJ, JuJu, Claypool, Wash, even Ray-Ray, even though he hasn't caught a pass yet. TEs are the worst drop rates we have, but their drops were all before they became Steelers. Looking forward to them developing as well with Ben.

Here we GO!

Yo Cope,

I think we are watching the next star WR for the Steelers.

His name is Chase Claypool. Scored 2 TD and the game isn’t even half over.

I have some interesting questions for you later.

-Coach

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Yo Cope,

I think we are watching the next star WR for the Steelers.

His name is Chase Claypool. Scored 2 TD and the game isn’t even half over.

I have some interesting questions for you later.

-Coach

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

I like Claypool too. Did you watch this video on DJ? What do you think?

I like Claypool too. Did you watch this video on DJ? What do you think?

No. And no.

Just speculating about Coach here.

To be fair one of the missed targets hit him square in the back. Ben and DJ will get on the same page soon. This is going to be a special combo and very fun to watch.

And to be fair, the stat Wig mentioned is the least of my worries right now. What was it with Ben & AB early on? JuJu?

Give these guys some more time and they'll make even bigben (who probably still thinks AB should be inducted into the HOF) a believer. Like the video you posted illustrated (if they cared to watch), they already have some great chemistry and their timing/rhythm down on some routes.

It's a shame some can't be happy and optimistic for two young and supremely talented WRs who play for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Diontae has head problems. I call it knucklehead syndrome. He's made some glaring bone head plays this year.

Talented beyond measure no doubt. But he seems to be a double edged sword so far. For each good play there seem to be two where you say WTF? Like today, instead of turning his head upfield, he tries to reverse field, runs nearly into AV, and gets sandwiched for a loss. Muffing punts. Dropped passes.

IF he gets it together, he could be a monster, but he seems to lack focus IMHO right the moment.