• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gun Show Today - Oaks, PA

diver

Reaction score
I was at the big gun show in Oaks today. The array of anti-Clinton shirts was something to behold.

But I was thinking as I walked around there wouldn't take a hell of a big set of balls to walk around there with a "Hillary for President" shirt and just watch the reaction?

One of my buddies is out in Sturgis right now. He sent me pics with the anti- Hillary shirts out there. I told him to put on a 'Hillary for President" shirt and see how long he lasts.

It does give me hope, though.

Was that one of those guns shows where anyone can buy a gun without a background check? Been trying to find one of those. I hear they only take cash and grind off serial numbers and will sell to any age.

Yea. I was only imagining those lines at the tables waiting for the background checks. And there were lines. People are really buying. Probably one of the best things for people who sell guns is Barak Obama and Hillary Clinton.

Not much for me there, though. I am into the military stuff, WW1 and WW2, and everything is way overpriced, as I know a little of what I am talking about it that area. Got some ammo for my K31 and my Finn M39 though. The Swiss K-31 military surplus ammo is getting scarce.

If you ever want a great shooting old military surplus bolt action rifle, you can't beat the K-31. Very accurate. You can still get them for under $500. And to think I paid under 300 for mine a number of years ago.

If you ever want a great shooting old military surplus bolt action rifle, you can't beat the K-31. Very accurate. You can still get them for under $500. And to think I paid under 300 for mine a number of years ago.

I like those old rifles too. I got a 1938 NOS Mosin Nagant a few years back for $125 and sporterized it for another couple hundred. Very similar to the Swiss K-31 and just as accurate.

Last edited:
I like those old rifles too. I got a 1938 NOS Mosin Nagant a few years back for $125 and sporterized it for another couple hundred. Very similar to the Swiss K-31 and just as accurate.

Yep. I like the old Mosins to. I have a '32 Tula and one of the neat things about it is that it has province. It has some letters electrostenciled on the receiver which places it in Latvia at some point. So that's cool that you can know a little story on the rifle. I do have an affinity for the Finn Mosins. Lot of people never learned in history class that the Russians invaded Finland early in WW2, and Finland was kicking their ***. Only reason the Russians were "victorious" if you want to call it that (don't say that to a Finn) is because they had more artillery. The Finns would capture Russian Mosins and do some work on them to make them more accurate. Finn Mosins are some of the more accurate rifles from that time period.

If you think Mosins are accurate you'll **** yourself if you ever get ahold of a 03 Springfield.

If you think Mosins are accurate you'll **** yourself if you ever get ahold of a 03 Springfield.

Yea, I have an '03 with a barrel that looks like a sewer pipe and it still shoots great. They have some just for fun shooting contests up at my club and I was thinking about using the '03 in one of those shoots. If you ever saw "Sergeant York" and can recall the shooting scene for the turkey and the beef critter they were shooting at pieces of paper with a v notch cut out, trying to get into that notch. That's one of the contests they do at the club.

Pretty much the same rifle ( 30/6 vs 7.62 ) but the Springfield was US made and an overall better made weapon. I used to like to listen to the old timers ( like I be now ) argue about which was the better weapon, the M1903 or the newer semi auto M1 Garand. Neither side would budge an inch, they were loyal to the core for the one they carried..LOL Lotta bad *** wooden stocks back then, even the Brits had their 1907 Lee-Enfield, which also had something to brag on.

I did a Google search and found this comparison.....a little silly but informative.

Last edited:
Pretty much the same rifle ( 30/6 vs 7.62 ) but the Springfield was US made and an overall better made weapon. I used to like to listen to the old timers ( like I be now ) argue about which was the better weapon, the M1903 or the newer semi auto M1 Garand. Neither side would budge an inch, they were loyal to the core for the one they carried..LOL Lotta bad *** wooden stocks back then, even the Brits had their 1907 Lee-Enfield, which also had something to brag on.

I did a Google search and found this comparison.....a little silly but informative.

That's a pretty cool video. Very informative

I do want fish and chips now. Need an M1 myself

I do want fish and chips now. Need an M1 myself

I would encourage anyone who can to get an M1 They are so much fun to shoot and a piece of history to boot. Avoid gun shows though for an M1. Overpriced humps in a lot of cases. If you want one familiarize yourself with the Civilian Marksmanship Program. If you fulfill a few requirements you can purchase one through them at a good bit less, depending on grade, than anything you can find at a gun show. And while the rifles will not be original pieces as they all went through the rebuild process a few times, they will be the real deal, not faked parts or stocks. I have 3 M1s I got through the CMP, and again, while none are museum pieces, they all shoot well.

Reactions: MTC

Especially old time Marines. They loved their '03s. The Marines kicked up a bit of a fuss about adopting the M1 for some reason. In the '30s Winchester made a weapon to challenge the M1, and Merritt Edson, later of the Marine Raiders really pushed for it, though it proved to be inferior. They also like the1941 Johnson Semi-Auto and were pushing for that as well.