• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Has Troy Polamalu Selected His Speaker for Hall of Fame Enshrinement?

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
With the COVID-19 pandemic gripping the world, multiple events, ceremonies, and even sports leagues have seen delays and cancelations. The 2020 Pro Football Hall of Fame saw this delay as well; which included the Pittsburgh Steelers legend Troy Polamalu’s enshrinement.

Since the announcement of postponing the 2020 Hall of Fame to the fall of 2021, Troy had some time to spare in selecting his introductory speaker for his induction to the Hall of Fame. After much anticipation, Troy Polamalu—in Troy fashion—caught everyone by surprise by jumping the snap count and tweeting a *hint* who that speaker will be:

Can you please tell them that all I did was follow you… #eachoneteachone pic.twitter.com/hs3MljYmOm

— Troy Polamalu (@tpolamalu) May 18, 2021

While it may not be guarantee, it seems like a pretty straightforward indication that Dick Lebeau—former Steeler defensive coordinator and father of the “zone blitz” scheme—will be the man for the job. This is not a surprise by any stretch. There was even a suspicion at the time of his “retirement” that Polamalu was going to reunite with Lebeau in 2015; before ultimately deciding to retire. Nonetheless, Lebeau was well-loved by his players and Polamalu thrived under in his defense.

Under Lebeau’s tenure, Troy Polamalu accumulated 32 interceptions, 107 passes defended, 12 sacks, and 14 forced fumbles. He was a force to be reckoned with in the Steelers’ secondary and was a perfect component of Lebeau’s defense. When he wasn’t in the lineup, it was more than noticeable. The two legends of the Steelers were a perfect combo on the field and will be a perfect combo in the Hall of Fame.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

With the COVID-19 pandemic gripping the world, multiple events, ceremonies, and even sports leagues have seen delays and cancelations. The 2020 Pro Football Hall of Fame saw this delay as well; which included the Pittsburgh Steelers legend Troy Polamalu’s enshrinement.

Since the announcement of postponing the 2020 Hall of Fame to the fall of 2021, Troy had some time to spare in selecting his introductory speaker for his induction to the Hall of Fame. After much anticipation, Troy Polamalu—in Troy fashion—caught everyone by surprise by jumping the snap count and tweeting a *hint* who that speaker will be:

While it may not be guarantee, it seems like a pretty straightforward indication that Dick Lebeau—former Steeler defensive coordinator and father of the “zone blitz” scheme—will be the man for the job. This is not a surprise by any stretch. There was even a suspicion at the time of his “retirement” that Polamalu was going to reunite with Lebeau in 2015; before ultimately deciding to retire. Nonetheless, Lebeau was well-loved by his players and Polamalu thrived under in his defense.

Under Lebeau’s tenure, Troy Polamalu accumulated 32 interceptions, 107 passes defended, 12 sacks, and 14 forced fumbles. He was a force to be reckoned with in the Steelers’ secondary and was a perfect component of Lebeau’s defense. When he wasn’t in the lineup, it was more than noticeable. The two legends of the Steelers were a perfect combo on the field and will be a perfect combo in the Hall of Fame.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..
I’ll be there close to the front. Cant wait for the experience.

While Tomlin has no real coaching tree, you figure one of his players would pick him to speak at the Hall of Fame induction. Nope.

While Tomlin has no real coaching tree, you figure one of his players would pick him to speak at the Hall of Fame induction. Nope.
While I find him frustrating and ultimately more disappointing than I probably ought, I hear that LOTS of players really love him.

Just can’t help yourself, can you Dumb ***? Every chance in a thread to push some agenda. Have a conversation with yourself in the mirror. You will get better results.

You should ask Tomlin for rent for all the space he occupies in that brain of yours. Granted, it won't be much because there can't be a whole lot there to occupy, but still.

You should ask Tomlin for rent for all the space he occupies in that brain of yours. Granted, it won't be much because there can't be a whole lot there to occupy, but still.

Nothing a renter likes more than space to decorate as their own........................................................

Salute the nation

PSS

I'm guessing Dick L. will be his speaker and a very good choice as he meant a lot to Troy and Troy's success. I can't wait to hear that speach and Troy's as well.

Salute the nation

Coolie will be Cooch's introductory speaker.

While I find him frustrating and ultimately more disappointing than I probably ought, I hear that LOTS of players really love him.

When they call you Coach Dad and he reads "The Night Before Christmas " to them every year, it's something that transcends football.

Troy also thrived in Mr.LeBeau's system. Which takes blue chip talent at key positions to work at its highest level. Troy was the straw that stirred that drink.