• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Here's what YOUR governor should do.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
YOUR state governor should make a decision. One that is best suited to his/her state, his/her constituency.

He/She may decide to begin opening industry in the state. That can be graduated or whatever.

He/She may decide to continue locking down the state.

However, the Governor also needs to have the balls to tell his/her constituency that if the economy is going to stay locked up, there will be no government stimulus, no extra unemployment, no financial relief from any governmental entity. Fortunately there will also be no raised taxes, no reduction in social security benefits.

If a governor wants to stay closed, then the people need to know they need to get right with their neighbors, their church and their extended groups because nobody else is going to come and give them aid, financial, physical or otherwise.

In short... If we're shut the **** down, you're on your own folks.

Reactions: JMM
Our governor ought to go **** himself, then go do it again....

His policies have driven people to nearby states for cars, alcohol, and other services that we alone barred... also barring religious services is fundamentally illegal as was his attempt to shutter firearms dealers ... also about half of his actions were knee jerk and political, and the other half were personally benificial like keeping his family’s cabinet business open...

In short **** him and the horse he rode in on. He isn’t eligible for reelection so i hope he lives his retirement out bankrupt on the street...

He should suck my dick and when he leaves, put a fat check on my dresser. “Here’s a towel”.

Didn't Wolf declare all his own businesses as essential?

Yes. He can't be reelected (term limits) and is one of the most Liberal Democrat governors in the nation so I'm pretty sure he will try to wreck the state's economy and blame Trump to try and keep him from winning the state.

Ask yourself what Chuck and Nancy would want and then look at what the Democrat governors in the Northeast are doing.

What is PA's problem? Democrats are openly hostile to mining and energy, and they rail against Trump's America-first positions that protect manufacturing and steel. Is it still just the union legacy thing? For that matter, why do unions vote democrat?

1. Wolf close small businesses while allowing Walmart, Home Depots, etc to remain open
2. Wolf allows trout fishing but no golfing or gathering at parks in large numbers
3. Wolf closed the State liguor stores but allow Beer distributors to remain open as Critical business
4. After closing the Liquor stores and small businesses Pennsylvania revenues severely decline resulting in having to lay off 9,000 state employees
5. Those 9,000 employees cannot file unemployment claims due to an already overloaded system and have zero income
6. Harrisburg and Lancaster food warehouses are now empty and even though they have money, supply chain disruption makes it difficult to purchase food
7. Meanwhile, local farmers are discarding meat, eggs, and dumping milk

Monday, there is a rally planned on the steps of the Harrisburg Capitol at noon and I from what I'm reading, people are fed up with our asshat Governor. It could get ugly.

The sad thing is PA has no ability for the citizens to recall a governor... otherwise this wannabe Caesar would be booted asap... nobody is a fan...

Murphy admitted on live TV that the Bill of Rights was above his pay grade....what else needs to be said

we're not quite there yet. Give it about two more weeks. Then you'll see ugly.

I don't know if you're around Central PA Booted, but several people on social media have made comments that they've called, emailed, and tried to file unemplyment online for two-three weeks and can't get through. Families are in ROUGH shape and things are desperate. But you're right, it may take another two weeks before they drag his out of the Capital forcefully.

1. Wolf close small businesses while allowing Walmart, Home Depots, etc to remain open.
Don't forget he allowed his kitchen cabinet manufacturing company to remain open.

The sad thing is PA has no ability for the citizens to recall a governor... otherwise this wannabe Caesar would be booted asap... nobody is a fan...
Worst case scenario, a Democrat with an agenda who doesn't have to worry about being reelected.
Author and political consultant Richard Florida famously said about 12 years ago that in Pennsylvania statewide elections the Democrats just need a good turnout in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia and they can tell the rest of the state to go to hell. Which they often do.

I believe it was James Carville who said that Pennsylvania is Pittsburgh and Philadelphia with Alabama in between. Basically acknowledging that most of the state is conservative aside from that major cities and unfortunately Philly usually picks the governor. Somehow though they do go for Republican senators.

i want to punch Wolf in the face whenever ha says he’s investing in education. People hear that and they think he means building new schools and getting kids fancy equipment, etc. What it really means is giving cash to the teacher’s union.

we're not quite there yet. Give it about two more weeks. Then you'll see ugly.

People are too lazy to stand up for their rights, and most don’t even care about them. If the populace of today were around 100 years ago, they would all be willingly speaking German.

Last edited:
What is PA's problem? Democrats are openly hostile to mining and energy, and they rail against Trump's America-first positions that protect manufacturing and steel. Is it still just the union legacy thing? For that matter, why do unions vote democrat?

The welfare state is alive and well in PA, especially our urban centers. But they can vote. The rest of the state is held hostage.

Our governor did exactly what I wanted him to do!

Beaches within Cape Henlopen, Delaware Seashore and Fenwick Island state parks are closed, except for limited vehicle access to beaches for the purpose of surf fishing for those with a current surf fishing permit.

Guess who has a surf fishing permit?!

:)

Our governor is a ****. She's not as bad as the governor in MI, but she's close. She jumped the gun and dropped the ball on closing all the schools state wide....and just extended our stay at home ban. She closed all dog parks (because the dogs are highly contagious with the RONA), but kept the walking trails in the parks open. She wants people to report gatherings of more than 10 people to the plice. Like it's any of their business. The unemployment system is in shambles- people can't get on the websites or get through to anyone. If you already have an account, there are days you can get online based on last name, f its your first time filing, you can only file on Saturdays. Good luck with that.

The welfare state is alive and well in PA, especially our urban centers. But they can vote. The rest of the state is held hostage.

Whatever Philadelphia wants gets pushed on the rest of the state.

Whatever Philadelphia wants gets pushed on the rest of the state.

Ive been huge on dividing up states again... most state have the population to make two or three smaller states and the representation would be better... New York city controls new york, Philly runs pa.. the dc suburbs are strangling out Virginia, and on and on...