• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hollywood and the media

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
For anyone that needs help convincing people that the media is one of the most powerful influencers in US politics, I had a good friend tell me about this and so I thought I would share it here.

Go watch last weeks episodes of both Station 19 and Gray's Anatomy (Yes I know both shows suck, but suffer thru the 2 hours, your blood will be boiling by the end of the 2 hours.)
Then, go to the Facebook pages for each show and read the comments. The number of people that get "woke" based off of a fictional TV show is downright scary. If people in this country are so ignorant and incapable of thinking for themselves that they take what they see on a fake TV show as the basis of their thoughts and opinions, God help this country. Thank God Mr. Ed. is no longer on Nick at Night or there's a **** ton of people in this country that would think that horses can really talk.

It's more than just a few of the shows this fall, like sports, I watch as an escape and to be entertained, not lectured to.

I would think it would effect their ratings, jumping on the soap box, but perhaps I'm wrong, or they don't care.

The US media, anything hollywood puts out, and most music, is beyond garbage. I would rather listen to a room full of Asians eating dinner, than anything those organizations puke at me.

Unfortunately, not enough people do.

The Idiocracy has arrived. Next thing you know all the drinking fountains will have BRAWNDO, The Thirst Mutilator in them.

Hollywood, sports entertainment, media, unions, politics, finance, etc. its all under one big umbrella that's controlled by a central group and they are in the drivers seat. The TV is pretty much nothing more than a brain washer, has been for quite awhile.

The media, and I include big tech, has become the most powerful force in forming societal mores and movements. They literally have the ability to make up news, and make stories disappear that they find unhelpful. Just look how they made the Hunter Biden laptop story disappear prior to the election. They can create algorithms that can censor anything they want. We are literally living in the Matrix where half the country believes one thing, and the other half totally different.

I sometimes think that I'm way to sensitive to the Hollywood bias. I see it everywhere, so much so that I fear I may just be convincing myself it exists where it doesn't really exist.

For instance: I recently watched Unbelievable on Netflix. I noticed almost right away that all the strong character where women, and men were either weak, stupid, incompetent, or rapists. The first strong male character doesn't make an appearance until an FBI agent is introduced several episodes in, and he happen to be a black man, so still no decent white men. The husband of one of the female detectives is a decent guy, but he appears to be a Mr. Mom type who is the main caregiver of the children - demasculinized and assuming a traditionally female gender role, which wouldn't be a bad thing if there were ANY other decent male characters.

Again, maybe that wasn't intentional and I'm just crazy.... but **** Hollywood just the same.

I sometimes think that I'm way to sensitive to the Hollywood bias. I see it everywhere, so much so that I fear I may just be convincing myself it exists where it doesn't really exist.

For instance: I recently watched Unbelievable on Netflix. I noticed almost right away that all the strong character where women, and men were either weak, stupid, incompetent, or rapists. The first strong male character doesn't make an appearance until an FBI agent is introduced several episodes in, and he happen to be a black man, so still no decent white men. The husband of one of the female detectives is a decent guy, but he appears to be a Mr. Mom type who is the main caregiver of the children - demasculinized and assuming a traditionally female gender role, which wouldn't be a bad thing if there were ANY other decent male characters.

Again, maybe that wasn't intentional and I'm just crazy.... but **** Hollywood just the same.

Have you paid any attention to TV commercials lately? They are no longer a reflection of our population in general, but clearly a push of the social agenda.

The media, and I include big tech, has become the most powerful force in forming societal mores and movements. They literally have the ability to make up news, and make stories disappear that they find unhelpful. Just look how they made the Hunter Biden laptop story disappear prior to the election. They can create algorithms that can censor anything they want. We are literally living in the Matrix where half the country believes one thing, and the other half totally different.

Ahhh. So I guess I’m not in the matrix.

Have you paid any attention to TV commercials lately? They are no longer a reflection of our population in general, but clearly a push of the social agenda.

Now that is funny you mention that. My wife is a true-blue Massachusetts liberal and we're watching the Disney Holiday special this morning and every single commercial had mixed race couples, gay couples and she was the one who noticed. She then mentioned she did not see a single white male in a commercial the whole show. So we rewind our TIVO a couple sections and sure enough no white guys. The Disney show comes back live...hosted by a white lesbian and a very effeminate black guy promoting the new Disney/Pixar cartoon movie Soul about a black musician and then a commercial for Mulan on Disney+. Even my wifes radar have perked to this stuff.

I just keep buying ammo for my Benelli M4.....two boxes of slugs and two boxes of 00 Buckshot on Monday.

Now that is funny you mention that. My wife is a true-blue Massachusetts liberal and we're watching the Disney Holiday special this morning and every single commercial had mixed race couples, gay couples and she was the one who noticed. She then mentioned she did not see a single white male in a commercial the whole show. So we rewind our TIVO a couple sections and sure enough no white guys. The Disney show comes back live...hosted by a white lesbian and a very effeminate black guy promoting the new Disney/Pixar cartoon movie Soul about a black musician and then a commercial for Mulan on Disney+. Even my wifes radar have perked to this stuff.

I just keep buying ammo for my Benelli M4.....two boxes of slugs and two boxes of 00 Buckshot on Monday.

Truth. I'm shocked that so many commercials now, for instance, show interracial couples. Good lord, don't get me wrong. One of the African American men I've mentored and housed just last night proposed (and got a yes) from his white girlfriend. Sent me the movie. I'm all for people being happy. But seriously, what % of couples are black/white? TV would have you believe every other couple is, and it simply isn't representative of our world.

The gay/lesbian issues are pushed mainstream so hard it is laughable. 3-5% of the population is gay, but I swear it is like every single show now has not one or two but several. I remember watching 13 Reasons years ago. Schitt's Creek (great show and David is the star)...on and on.

To deny they are pushing agendas blatantly is to be simply blind.

The thing that perturbs me most is what's been mentioned above. It's not that they are just pushing race and sexuality...they are blatantly attacking whites and Christianity as they do so. Uplifting certain ideals/lifestyles while simultaneously attempting to destroy/diminish others...again blatantly.

Last side note...how many times have you all heard "Baby It's Cold Outside" played this holiday season v past holiday seasons?

I sometimes think that I'm way to sensitive to the Hollywood bias. I see it everywhere, so much so that I fear I may just be convincing myself it exists where it doesn't really exist..
I thought I was the only one. When I see these things I don't bother mentioning them to others because I feel they don't see it and also, sometimes it's so subtle. To discuss it, makes me look like a conspiracy nut. But, it's there. No doubt.

Another thing I'm not so sure about though is as Tim has said, only 3-5% of the population is gay. It feels like it's higher than that. If it were really that low you would hardly see gay couples. But, it seems like they're everywhere. And I don't give a ****, but it feels like it's a higher percentage than 3-5%

While TV isn't reality, a large portion of the country seems swayed by it and influences their lives because of what is seen.

I agree with Tim, people have the right to be happy. Is what we're being fed by Hollywood an attempt to make others conform, to increase the self esteem of those that relate to the characters seen, or to simply destroy the traditional family?

What ever it is, there is most certainly an agenda. The male/female ratio in the country is roughly 50/50, let's say the gay community is 8%, African Americans 14%, but you would never know that by turning on the tube.

There is a simple cure...Turn off the TV.

iu

iu

That's what I did.

Still, getting the word out that the garbage on tv is to be avoided, is a worthwhile effort.

Reactions: JMM

iu

I am mostly tv free. I have only an antenna and only watch Steelers and sitcom reruns. And I never just watch tv. I am always doing something else and the tv is just background noise.

I am mostly tv free. I have only an antenna and only watch Steelers and sitcom reruns. And I never just watch tv. I am always doing something else and the tv is just background noise.

Same boat...Andy Griffith Show is usually near the top of the TV list. I used to be a TV junkie too but I simply got tired of watching crap on TV and was able to see the subtle underlying messages years ago but you can't avoid seeing it now.

When I watch the Steelers, I don't listen to the announcers or the national ads, I listen to Bill, Wolf and Tunch call the game. Much more enjoyable and without the agenda.

Last edited:
While TV isn't reality, a large portion of the country seems swayed by it and influences their lives because of what is seen.

I agree with Tim, people have the right to be happy. Is what we're being fed by Hollywood an attempt to make others conform, to increase the self esteem of those that relate to the characters seen, or to simply destroy the traditional family?

What ever it is, there is most certainly an agenda. The male/female ratio in the country is roughly 50/50, let's say the gay community is 8%, African Americans 14%, but you would never know that by turning on the tube.

Distinguishing reality from tv is a lost art.
Kids these days are under the notion they can alter reality and change who they are.
Part of that is the new norm pushed on tv. But also the advancement in tech is a big game changer for many.

I still watch tv but do not let it become my identity.
Critical thinking should be a much pushed for idea in schools now more than ever.

The US media, anything hollywood puts out, and most music, is beyond garbage. I would rather listen to a room full of Asians eating dinner, than anything those organizations puke at me.

Unfortunately, not enough people do.

Sum ting wong?