• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Honest question, want reasonable, non-incendiary replies.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I have a friend who's very liberal. Still a pretty nice guy.

He's been posting a great deal lately on the FB about the state of the world. That's fine, it's his right as a citizen to express his opinion. However, a great number of his posts are centered on the idea that the current administration is patently fascist.

I truly want unbiased examples of any policy, action or statements that would feed this concept that the current administration is fascist in nature.

What exactly is the impetus for these claims? Cause I feel like I have a pretty decent grasp on what Naziism is, socially, economically and politically and I'm not sure I understand the comparisons.

Please, I'm looking for a list of policies, actions or statements that have LEAD people to believe this country's leadership is actually fundamentally fascist.

Thanks in advance.

I can’t think of any. You could call some of his actions stupid, misguided or clumsy, but I don’t think fascist applies. At all. But what do I know? I’m a white, God fearing male. I apparently have no right voice my opinion on anything.

Well, I would guess they believe he stole the election with the help of Russia, that his America First ideology is a form of nationalism which Nazism was steeped in, that he demonizes and discredits what they would characterize as the free press, that he sided with white supremacists in Charlottesville, (none of which I personally agree with but those are the arguments) used force to clear peaceful protesters for a propaganda like photo-op (fascistish in my opinion) talks about putting any rebellion against him down by force (in their opinion, in my opinion destruction and vandalism has to be brought to a halt).

Reactions: wig
https://www.britannica.com/topic/fascism

Although fascist parties and movements differed significantly from one another, they had many characteristics in common, including extreme militaristic nationalism, contempt for electoral democracy and political and cultural liberalism, a belief in natural social hierarchy and the rule of elites, and the desire to create a Volksgemeinschaft (German: “people’s community”), in which individual interests would be subordinated to the good of the nation.

Based on this, nothing. Seems like a reputable resource for information.

Ok, So those are decent points.

Charlottesville: Ya, his words were taken entirely out of context, but one can see where the idea that he's supremist came in.

Nationalism: Honestly, totally true. Trump and the current administration are very nationalistic. I'm not convinced that's particularly fascist, but Ok. Fair argument.

Use of military force: I understand the narrative, but I'm not certain Trump has had more than a couple of actual "military" actions that have gone above and beyond S.O.P. for the country. But again, Narrative...

I don't think you can blame Trump on any level for showing contempt for electoral democracy. Now some OTHER guys...

He is utterly at war with the press. Can't argue that.

The "photo op" at the church was ugly. No good way around that, honestly. Probably would have been best if they'd seen that there was some people still in the area to just call it off and do it at a later time. Doesn't matter WHO made the order to clear the folks, it just has bad optics all around.

I appreciate the input. This guy is actually a pretty intelligent dude. (Coached debate at the high school and thus is great at formulating and defending a position.) I would simply like to have some context in the event we end up having a discussion about our views.

Ok, So those are decent points.

Charlottesville: Ya, his words were taken entirely out of context, but one can see where the idea that he's supremist came in.

Nationalism: Honestly, totally true. Trump and the current administration are very nationalistic. I'm not convinced that's particularly fascist, but Ok. Fair argument.

Use of military force: I understand the narrative, but I'm not certain Trump has had more than a couple of actual "military" actions that have gone above and beyond S.O.P. for the country. But again, Narrative...

I don't think you can blame Trump on any level for showing contempt for electoral democracy. Now some OTHER guys...

He is utterly at war with the press. Can't argue that.

The "photo op" at the church was ugly. No good way around that, honestly. Probably would have been best if they'd seen that there was some people still in the area to just call it off and do it at a later time. Doesn't matter WHO made the order to clear the folks, it just has bad optics all around.

I appreciate the input. This guy is actually a pretty intelligent dude. (Coached debate at the high school and thus is great at formulating and defending a position.) I would simply like to have some context in the event we end up having a discussion about our views.

If Trump wasn't against the current flavor of the press, he would be a retard. The media hates the guy and it's blatant. He cant fart with out being Hitler for doing it.

I can’t think of any. You could call some of his actions stupid, misguided or clumsy, but I don’t think fascist applies. At all. But what do I know? I’m a white, God fearing male. I apparently have no right voice my opinion on anything.

I'm here as well. Trump says lot of dumb things I disagree with, but he is very smart and knows what he is doing when he speaks. He's done some good things as well. Should he get off Twitter? Yes. Is he fascist? I just don't see it.

We need Vis to come back and tell us all about Trump the Fascist.

I have a friend who's very liberal. Still a pretty nice guy.

He's been posting a great deal lately on the FB about the state of the world. That's fine, it's his right as a citizen to express his opinion. However, a great number of his posts are centered on the idea that the current administration is patently fascist.

I truly want unbiased examples of any policy, action or statements that would feed this concept that the current administration is fascist in nature.

What exactly is the impetus for these claims? Cause I feel like I have a pretty decent grasp on what Naziism is, socially, economically and politically and I'm not sure I understand the comparisons.

Please, I'm looking for a list of policies, actions or statements that have LEAD people to believe this country's leadership is actually fundamentally fascist.

Thanks in advance.

I have the same problem with the incessant cries that he is a liar. I can see some things he says as controversial and bombastic but a serial liar ?....

14b2126e657f98279063b94805968de2.jpg

Boy are you in the wrong place.

Ok...

Dear Esteemed Mr. Wig,

I sympathize with your predicament of having an associate who is, shall we say perhaps, somewhat challenged when it comes to understanding the basic tenets of conservative politics. It would appear that your acquaintance has firmly inserted his cranium up and into his nether region. He has been afflicted with a severe form of mental illness that was first borne in the year of our Lord 2015 and he is most definitely too far diseased to see the vast and marked difference between Trump's Nationalism and that of the monster Hitler. Trump's goal is to protect the sovereignty of these United States of America and for all citizens to be successful. Hitler wanted to expand his German empire in order to rule over other regions against their will, promote the race and religion that he deemed to be superior and punish with great prejudice those who were not of the same.

If I may be so bold as to offer a suggestion...it is my recommendation that you inform your friend that he should have unlawful carnal knowledge with himself and then "unfriend" the poor dumb communist son without a father.

Please do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Good day Sir,

Mr. Indy J. Steel

Last edited:
One has to understand the communist logic. Trump dared to question the birth and Nativity Story of the sainted FBPOTUS and ran against the Anointed One, Crooked Hillary Clinton.

He used Alinsky tactics against the Alinskyites.

Like the Apostle Paul, he was "once one of them."

He never had a chance to be anything more than every smear thrown his way after doing those few things.

When Trump said "some very fine people on both sides" - the Left seizes that as Trump applauding the white supremacists. What they fail to see is Trump was speaking about those there who were only voicing their opinion and not causing strife. Good luck with that argument, though.

When Trump mimicked the reporter and the left said he was mocking a disabled person ... untrue. That was simply how he mocked people for not knowing what they're talking about. Havent seen him do it since, so he may have learned a lesson from that.

The whole Rona thiing... unwinnable argument. While Trump was attempting to prevent travel from China to here, the Dims mocked and scoffed. They held votes on flavored tobacco instead of looking at the Rona. Pelosi was so defiant that she went to Chinatown and tweeted that there was nothing to be afraid of. Then the idiots have the goddamned gall to say Trump didnt close the country soon enough.

The Dims pushed through THEIR stimulus plan, then turn around and say Trump's administration only allowed it since it would make them richer.

Don't get me wrong - Trump's an *******. He doesn't need the MSM to help him achieve ******* status on any level. He speaks as if he's trying to form the words correctly, as if English isnt his first language. However, he's done some positive things - such as lowering the corporate tax rate so that businesses can expand...which increases available jobs by default. How those jobs are paid, however is not of concern to that argument because people do not have to take a low paying job.

Yes, he's "kept" kids in cages, at the expense of enforcing the law that Obama didn't.

As mentioned above, he questioned the birthplace of St Barry, which automatically made him a racist. Not that by doing so could force St Barry of Bathhouse to show a birth certificate and answer how he received foreign student aid was racist, but that its racist to insinuate that St Barry of Bathouse Blowjobs was not Murican as apple pie and Antifa.

Anyone who uses the term fascist&nazi I automatically disregard.

We have fascists right now pulling down,Grant,Lincoln and Washington statues for proper definition. I'm sure book burning will be next.

So when they dissolve the police or pretty much make them quit is it ok to go in and stomp the commies? Asking for a friend to ask your friend.

Stomping commies is noble and just.

**** it. I’ll place this here.

Heads up. My beer distributed guy (yeah they love me) gave me a heads up. Beer at the warehouses is gone. They are out of some big name (****) beers like coors and Corona (lol), and many more with no eta for replacement. Your IPA types and other higher ends could be good, but it’s going to be like the TP thing soon. Especially with all the bars opening up.

Heads up. My beer distributed guy (yeah they love me) gave me a heads up. Beer at the warehouses is gone. They are out of some big name (****) beers like coors and Corona (lol), and many more with no eta for replacement. Your IPA types and other higher ends could be good, but it’s going to be like the TP thing soon. Especially with all the bars opening up.

What about sterno? And turpentine?

Asking for a friend.

Can you send me the Steelers related signs,etc. when they get rid of them?[emoji16]

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

We have fascists right now pulling down,Grant,Lincoln and Washington statues for proper definition. I'm sure book burning will be next.

So when they dissolve the police or pretty much make them quit is it ok to go in and stomp the commies? Asking for a friend to ask your friend.

It's called "projection". They accuse you of doing what they are actually doing.

106006734_3054770137892227_7373591005905221845_n.jpg

People call Trump a fascist because they don't know what fascist means. A fascist is first and foremost a dictator. A fascist will act without a legislature, ignore the courts, and jail the media.

Trump was within his rights to shut down the Russia investigation at any time. He allowed it to proceed and followed the law. Mueller report confirmed Trump did nothing wrong.

Trump calls out the media constantly, but has he ever censored them? Has he jailed them? If Trump was a fascist, Jim Acosta wouldn't be allowed his stupid gotcha questions each day.

As for the miltitary, Trump has been very anti-war. He has used the military sparingly. So much so that unhinged warmonger John Bolton is writing a book to complain that Trump is unqualified basically because he didn't nuke the whole middle east at his insistence.

You want to talk fascist. Who was the Prez who wiretapped a political opponent? Who got the phone records of a journalist? Who issued a record number of executive orders to bypass congress? Who expanded war in Afghanistan? Who used drones against American citizens? Who used the DOJ to take over local police forces?

Course most of you know that my brewery was destroyed in a fire in late January. But the fact is, the 'Rona would likely have killed us. The margins on production are too slim to survive several months with no opportunity to make income. The only breweries that had any chance to get through this without major financial harm were the guys who could can.

Bars closing means you can't distribute draft beer. That's the entire distribution plan for small breweries that can't afford to can or bottle yet. (Most of them.) Add in restrictions on serving people at the taproom (the largest margin sale in the brewing industry) and the brewery is pretty much ******. You're telling them "Ya, you have to make payments on your building, your equipment and your supply contracts, but sorry... you can't make any income whatsoever except for selling growlers to the 10 uber-faithful customers you have that will take the time and effort to come in and pick up some beer for you just to support you."

Meanwhile, Walmart, Safeway, Costco - they all stayed open and continued to sell mass-quantities of ******* Bud and Coors and Miller to the masses while craft brewing (one of the largest growth industries in the U.S. over the last 10 years) was told to go **** themselves.

Course most of you know that my brewery was destroyed in a fire in late January. But the fact is, the 'Rona would likely have killed us. The margins on production are too slim to survive several months with no opportunity to make income. The only breweries that had any chance to get through this without major financial harm were the guys who could can.

Bars closing means you can't distribute draft beer. That's the entire distribution plan for small breweries that can't afford to can or bottle yet. (Most of them.) Add in restrictions on serving people at the taproom (the largest margin sale in the brewing industry) and the brewery is pretty much ******. You're telling them "Ya, you have to make payments on your building, your equipment and your supply contracts, but sorry... you can't make any income whatsoever except for selling growlers to the 10 uber-faithful customers you have that will take the time and effort to come in and pick up some beer for you just to support you."

Meanwhile, Walmart, Safeway, Costco - they all stayed open and continued to sell mass-quantities of ******* Bud and Coors and Miller to the masses while craft brewing (one of the largest growth industries in the U.S. over the last 10 years) was told to go **** themselves.

It's disgraceful, reprehensible and unconscionable.
0d1de2d004c29504a627732f4d4fd101.jpg

I hear you, man. A little Booted update. After seeing the writing on the wall, I closed shop. After a very scary few months, My business and property have been sold. Closing tomorrow. Now, that will bring me some short term financial relief but leaves me in a position I never faced in my 51 years.
See, I grew up in my family's business. Started at 9 years old in 1978 and kept on working there until 2020. I don't know anything else. But, it was a great living. Hard work, yes but stable and secure. Now, with my "86" high school diploma I have to look for work. Looking forward to the challenge but, never been through the whole process. So, yeah...**** covid! But a bigger **** you to the government's response.

Last edited:
It's disgraceful, reprehensible and unconscionable.
0d1de2d004c29504a627732f4d4fd101.jpg

I hear you, man. A little Booted update. After seeing the writing on the wall, I closed shop. After a very scary few months, My business and property have been sold. Closing tomorrow. Now, that will bring me some short term financial relief but leaves me in a position I never faced in my 51 years.
See, I grew up in my family's business. Started at 9 years old in 1978 and kept on working there until 2020. I don't know anything else. But, it was a great living. Hard work, yes but stable and secure. Now, with my "86" high school diploma I have to look for work. Looking forward to the challenge but, never been through the whole process. So, yeah...**** covid! But a bigger **** you to the government's response.

Sorry to hear that. On your resume, you should definitely highlight 41 years of employment at the same company. You also probably have experience as a business manager, an accountant, purchasing director, human resources, health and safety etc.... All of that is more important than a certificate for listening to 4 years of communism.