• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

How much stock do you put in polls

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I keep hearing hillary has a lead, literally as i do my cross country tour i can find few actually voting for her even amoung my hard core progressive circles. Most random polls have a huge trump lead.

There has been confirmed cases of reuters rigging polls, and on the ones that give real breakdowns of stats you can see bias that isnt typically there in all the mainstream media ones.

Now most scientific ones will try to match voting patterns, such as 55% dems, 19% independents, ect, but in most of these polls this year the numbers are skewed at least 5% high in hillarys favor, and on the very few who have released more data it becomes obvious they are polling incredibly high among ateas totally in hillary's wheelhouse, while shortchanging trumps strong areas( and frankly gary johnson's too....)

Some of the stats guys i discussed this stuff with were extremely displeased with the results. Im fairly certain this is happening for one of four reasons:

1. The innocent reason... That hillaryites are just more likely to answer polls. Most of my trump friends are dicks about polling... It may simply be that its easier to get people from certain areas to fill out their quotas...
People just dont want to be bothered these days, its thiught to be a leading cause for the brexit failure in polling. Its probably why so many low participation polls have been released this year

2. Pollsters, like reporters these days, strive to spin their results to what they want, not what is real. The washington post has done this for ages.. Maybe its just spreading

3. Its a plan to build apathy among trump voters by showing inevitability of Hillary winning ( if so i dont think its working... The trump base is more spikeish than the typical casual republican....

4. The real nefarious one... The dems are following the strategy to rig polls then fix machines to return a known result and thus temper the questions about vote rigging..

In any case i think the polling process needs a hard look as part of the political process. Debates shpuld be attended by people on the ballot in a certain amount of states, not biased polls from biased sources.... And polls should be required to have more stats released so one can easily see when sketchy tactics are in use..

Not much.

Pollsters are notorious for wording the poll questions to get the results they want then cooking the data down and reporting half the story.

The sad fact remains that in past elections the polls around this time have always turned out to be correct in predicting who will be the next president.

But this isn't a normal election. From day one "experts" on both sides predicted that he didn't have a chance. Everyone was wrong.

I'm just hoping that in this election that the polls will continue the pattern of being wrong.

Last edited:
shouldnt this be a poll?

Some polls had Romney winning last election. Not sure I would rely on those ones again.

A lot of polls are connected to the mainstream media; the MSM has been proven to be corrupt and actively dealing in propaganda and lies, so, no, polls means jack **** to me. The MSM is completely owned and controlled by the wealthiest banker families, who want global control of the people, including disarming us so we cannot fight back against tyranny.

The sad fact remains that in past elections the polls around this time have always turned out to be correct in predicting who will be the next president.

But this isn't a normal election. From day one "experts" on both sides predicted that he didn't have a chance. Everyone was wrong.

I'm just hoping that in this election that the polls will continue the pattern of being wrong.

Even exit polls have proven completely unreliable, but that is because of the heavy amount of voter fraud that is in play.

The E-Mail circuit is alive with this stuff too......

Here is what a Real Poll looks like in America. Please take the Time to Read.. A Total of 50,000 people Polled in 50 States….

THIS WAS SENT TO ME BY A LAWYER/JUDGE FRIEND FROM AVOYELLES PARISH, LOUISIANA TOWN. YOU WILL FIND THE DETAILS OF THE SURVEY INTERESTING.

PG Farnsworth
We have just completed our own poll since we cannot get factual information from the mainstream media!! We called 1000 homes in each of the 50 states and asked basic questions on the economy, terrorism, immigration and presidential pick.

Economy was the number one factor that Americans are concerned about and terrorism was number two.

Presidential pick was Trump by a large percentage.
Trump 33478 votes 67%
Clinton 9788 Votes 19%
Undecided or other 6739 votes 13%

My friends and I are all Graduate students from all walks of life we meet to discuss stuff. 13 people who like and have served in the Military. It took us most of two weeks to be sure our calls were to all people and not just one party or an other we called Americans. Our poll is by taking registered voter lists and we accumulated 33% Republican, 33% Democrat and 34% Independent. Our poll consisted of 1000 calls per state. all 50 states. 50,000 people are in this poll not the 100 like other polls.

Polls mean **** if there's widespread voter fraud.

Absolutely none....especially since they seem to change drastically about every 24 hours. I think they are click-bate at this point.

I think that during the primaries the polls were somewhat accurate. But now the commie media is in full panic mode and I don't trust anything they say. They flat out lie about Trump and don't give him anything near fair or unbiased coverage. I still think he's going to crush Hillary and the the media is doing everything they can to try and tip the needle in her favor before the election.

I'd like a poll of who answers a telephone call from an unlisted or unknown number now a days. This is purely a land line poll...

lols

I put more stock in the Zogby poll than anyone else.

A quick Google tells me that Neilson is the only public stock in this space, and they have been kicking ***, but I know nothing about these companies so have no stock in them.

But I know that's not what you were asking. I follow the polls. I will be interested to see how accurate they've been through this election cycle. It doesn't seem to add up when Trump rallies are yuge and Hillary is invisible, except for an occasional Jimmy Kimmel show, and she is still leading big.

Polls are pretty accuracy but they need to be current. Right now Clinton is leading outside the margin of error. If the election was next week, Clinton wins. Thankfully we have about 80 days to go.

Fla Chamber Poll: Donald Trump 44%, Hillary Clinton 41%, Gary Johnson 9%

An Aug. 17-22 Florida Chamber Political Institute statewide poll Trump edging out Hillary Clinton in Florida, 44 percent to 43 percent, in a two-way match up, and 44 percent to 41 percent to 9 percent when Libertarian nominee Gary Johnson is included.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/the-b...-44-hillary-clinton-41-gary-johnson-9/2290872

------------------------

Interesting - Johnson takes votes from Hillary but NOT from Trump

Libertarians now = Liberals?

The majority of the media polls are cherry picked because they're hellbent on stopping Trump. There are a lot of "undercover" Trump voters who aren't polled. Just like the media polls were wrong about Brexit, they're wrong about Trump too. Look at how many people he draws at his events versus the few miserable twats that show up to Hillary's. Don't believe anything the media tells you. They, along with all the other libtards, are in full panic mode. Trump supporters are not. We know what's going on.

It doesn't seem to add up when Trump rallies are yuge and Hillary is invisible, except for an occasional Jimmy Kimmel show, and she is still leading big.

It's because the "Not Trump" voters don't have rallies.

There is no way on God's green earth that anyone can convince me that all the stupid **** the Libtards say and do doesn't just load more people onto the Trump Train. Like this stuff, for example...

Now, from the mind of Vermont State Senator Mary Ann Carlson (D)

View attachment 2581

OR

"African Americans watch the same news at night that ordinary Americans do."

-- Bill Clinton, former president of the United States, on Black Entertainment Television. Which one of us is ordinary, Mr. President?

OR from history...

"My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a ***** house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference."-- Harry Truman

and of course, one of my favorites..

The war has just begun ........it's about dead even now

UPI/CVoter poll: Donald Trump maintains slim lead over Hillary Clinton

WASHINGTON, Aug. 26 (UPI) -- The UPI/CVoter daily presidential tracking poll released Friday shows Donald Trump leading Hillary Clinton by less than 1 percentage point.

The online poll shows Trump with 48.52 percent to Clinton's 47.73 percent after both candidates edged up slightly overnight. Correspondingly, the percentage of "other" voters, defined as anyone who did not select Trump or Clinton, fell to its lowest level to date, 3.74 percent.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2016...slim-lead-over-Hillary-Clinton/4311472221679/

------------------------
Donald Trump was leading in all 3 national daily tracking polls:

PPD (Aug 25): +1.50

UPI (Aug 25): +0.70

LAT (Aug 26): +0.70

The war has just begun ........it's about dead even now

UPI/CVoter poll: Donald Trump maintains slim lead over Hillary Clinton

WASHINGTON, Aug. 26 (UPI) -- The UPI/CVoter daily presidential tracking poll released Friday shows Donald Trump leading Hillary Clinton by less than 1 percentage point.

The online poll shows Trump with 48.52 percent to Clinton's 47.73 percent after both candidates edged up slightly overnight. Correspondingly, the percentage of "other" voters, defined as anyone who did not select Trump or Clinton, fell to its lowest level to date, 3.74 percent.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2016...slim-lead-over-Hillary-Clinton/4311472221679/

------------------------
Donald Trump was leading in all 3 national daily tracking polls:

PPD (Aug 25): +1.50

UPI (Aug 25): +0.70

LAT (Aug 26): +0.70

I like it, but then you have this downer:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=trump...id=2C04F466823547DC93161EF44FD743D1&FORM=QBRE

But then you have this "upper":

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-rosenblum/donald-trump-is-going-to_b_11637008.html

(which by the way I got off Rush's website!)

Last edited:
Trump leads in Central Florida, poll says

A non-media poll by Mason Dixon of central Florida Voters (I-4 Corridor) finds Donald Trump leading overall: 46% Trump to 42% for Clinton.

http://www.wesh.com/news/trump-lead...=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=wesh

Trump opening field offices all over FL

proxy.jpg