• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

How to fix the black culture problem.

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Obey the law, get a job and replace rap with soul. You're welcome.

That was great. He speaks the truth.

He even got an "atta boy" from Juan Williams. I never thought I would hear that from national newscaster...

Obama, Wright, Jackson and Sharpton (the career race-baiters) should see and pay attention!

I was never crazy about O' Reilly, too pushy for me but after this, I have much more respect for him. I'm sure he is putting his career on the line.

http://news.yahoo.com/meet-97-old-surprised-obama-her-field-trip-235816844.html

Maybe we should ask how black culture produced this lady?. 97 and still volunteers at an elementary school and
raises money so the kids get to take field trips.

That's easy.

She was born before the New Deal and the Great Society programs that encouraged sloth in general and destruction of the black family in particular. Her age indicates to me that she is part of the generation that gave us the Harlem Renaissance and not the generation that gave us Gangsta Rap.

http://news.yahoo.com/meet-97-old-surprised-obama-her-field-trip-235816844.html

Maybe we should ask how black culture produced this lady?. 97 and still volunteers at an elementary school and
raises money so the kids get to take field trips.

I don't think anybody says that all blacks fall into the "Black Culture" problem. For instance, I know of at least one black man on this site that does not even come close to that category but that would ruin the all inclusive narrative that the left likes to espouse.

O'Reilly nailed it! His point about Sharpton, Jackson and Obama not showing leadership through thier words or actions is spot on. If Sharpton and Jackson really were "reverands" they would be preaching against teen pregnancy, gang culture and such. Sadly, only a very small portion of americans, and even fewer black americans, will watch that short O'Reilly comment. It should be used as a topic of discussion in black grade schools. junior high schools, high schools, in black communities, in churches, and during family meals!

O'Reilly nailed it! His point about Sharpton, Jackson and Obama not showing leadership through thier words or actions is spot on. If Sharpton and Jackson really were "reverands" they would be preaching against teen pregnancy, gang culture and such. Sadly, only a very small portion of americans, and even fewer black americans, will watch that short O'Reilly comment. It should be used as a topic of discussion in black grade schools. junior high schools, high schools, in black communities, in churches, and during family meals!

And played on continuous loop in jail cells and welfare offices.

I would love to hear a rebuttal from Obama, Jackson and Sharpton. Of course that is just a dream.

I would love to hear a rebuttal from Obama, Jackson and Sharpton. Of course that is just a dream.

I think there's more votes in sympathizing with blacks than telling them they need to get their **** together.

Guilt-ridden liberal whites see any criticism of blacks as racism. Blacks who don't want to be told they screwed up (not) raising their kids.

I have witnessed that black Americans have been offered some nice opportunities to move ahead, whether it be affirmative action programs or social services, since the 1960's. Many have taken advantage, and succeeded. The others have been instructed to play the victim card, whether it be by black leaders, or Democrats. I get as a sense that white America is tiring of the slavery excuse, seeing that most Americans living today had no connection to the slave trade.

Over the past 50 years, we have seen other ethnic and racial groups integrate , and succeed, nicely. It is high time that the African American leadership abandon this victim strategy, and begin to stress what is needed to succeed in 21st century America.

I think it's a lack of stigma that's the problem. There's no shame or embarrassment in being on welfare or getting arrested or being a baby-daddy or unwed mother. It's now a generational norm.

I have witnessed that black Americans have been offered some nice opportunities to move ahead, whether it be affirmative action programs or social services, since the 1960's. Many have taken advantage, and succeeded. The others have been instructed to play the victim card, whether it be by black leaders, or Democrats. I get as a sense that white America is tiring of the slavery excuse, seeing that most Americans living today had no connection to the slave trade.

Over the past 50 years, we have seen other ethnic and racial groups integrate , and succeed, nicely. It is high time that the African American leadership abandon this victim strategy, and begin to stress what is needed to succeed in 21st century America.

I want reparations for 400 years of blame.

There are lots of issues.

You have a group of people brain washed into thinking their ticket to success is welfare. Welfare should be for the old, sick, handicapped, or for the unfortunate. Or for a person who's down on their luck for a certain period of time.

The desire to get an education, obey laws, and to get married are issues in the community. A shocking 48.8% of black men are “never married” compared to 45.2% of black women. It really takes two parents to raise a child these days.

http://blackdemographics.com/households/marriage-in-black-america/

The hip-hop culture isn't helping, and too many of the men are either incarcerated or think they will become professional athletes.

My wife a pre-k teacher for Miami Dade. Her school is located in a predominately Haitian community. Of her 17 students, just one of them has a pair of married parents. The children are way behind.

I think it's a lack of stigma that's the problem. There's no shame or embarrassment in being on welfare or getting arrested or being a baby-daddy or unwed mother. It's now a generational norm.

Bingo.
I also think that there is a measure of attitude among some, but not all, that living on welfare for life is their way of getting back at whitey and taking his money. Subconcious reparations if you will.

We are in a weird ******* place.

Our economy is on the brink of cataclysmic failure. We are fatted and bloated and completely incapable of taking care of ourselves. (I mean that collectively.) We've grown so dependent upon the government at both the State and Federal level to take care of us that we have no capacity whatsoever to handle a crisis. We've lost compassion and mercy. We've lost the ability to recognize the strengths of the "melting pot" that is our cultural heritage. Now our cultural and racial differences are merely used as a dividing point.

I truly believe it is the responsibility of every society to help its individuals who are struggling get back on their feet. That said I don't think we need to build up career welfare recipients or train career breeders who make a formula of how much they can make a month if they have an extra three or four kids. It should be a COMMUNITY goal to get the people who live in that community off assistance and back to a productive state. Everybody should be involved in the process.

That said, I do believe that welfare folks should be tested for pot regularly and they should also be profiled for excessive alcohol consumption. Call me a dick. If you're on public assistance, stay off the booze. Furthermore, you need to find a job. If you don't find a job within a set amount of time, you'll be volunteering for a job that the city gives you. And it probably won't be pretty. Fail to show up and you lose your benefits. In short... You'll have a job. It'll just pay for ****. So it's in your best interest to get a better job.

make everyone short of a handicap work

hell even some of them can be door greeters etc.

Everyone in jail, prison, on welfare, etc. If you don't have a job you would be obligated to work.

That said, I do believe that welfare folks should be tested for pot regularly and they should also be profiled for excessive alcohol consumption. Call me a dick. If you're on public assistance, stay off the booze. Furthermore, you need to find a job. If you don't find a job within a set amount of time, you'll be volunteering for a job that the city gives you. And it probably won't be pretty. Fail to show up and you lose your benefits. In short... You'll have a job. It'll just pay for ****. So it's in your best interest to get a better job.

While I agree with the drug testing, we experienced a major wave of backlash here in Florida when we did that. Eventually they got it repealed even while they were screaming that it wasn't catching anybody. Getting that passed nationwide would be tantamount to successfully shoving a rope up a wildcats ***.

I see a lot of good coming from a work program though. They are using prisoners at our city owned golf course to do a lot of the maintenance and it's proving to be very beneficial to the course and I'm sure the prisoners like it better than sitting in their cells all day. Before my time they used WPA programs (during the depression) to build all kinds of local projects, some are still standing today. I see no reason that can't be done again for a lot of the infrastructure grunt work, park maintenance, janitorial work and on and on.

Like you say wig..."You'll have a job. It'll just pay for ****. So it's in your best interest to get a better job. "

Last edited:
Back to OP. 7:30, wait for it.

I don't know what the **** he said but it's SO much better than rap!

Before we run this thread into a dead end, I would like to introduce another aspect. It is not exactly a " black culture" issue but it has all the trappings and probably a major percentage of BC relevance.

Detroit has begun to turn the water off in homes that are behind in their payments...again. According to the Detroit Free Press, 64,769 delinquent residential customers owe the city’s water department a combined $48.9 million. The last time the city tried to shut peoples water off, they got the wrath of the UN down on them. Last year, the United Nations warned the city that the shutoffs were violations of residents’ human rights, and called on the city to stop them and reconnect their houses.

OK..so they set up a discount program for qualified residents. “They might be able to afford it for month or two, and then they would default,” she told Fusion. “We need an affordability program based on ability to pay.”. So..you can't afford to pay for your water, what can be done ? Affordability program...... this type of plan would tier water pricing by people’s ability to pay, though it would cause water prices for other users to increase.
Ahhh...where have I heard this before ?

So what is a city to do to be able to supply water to everyone when half the people either won't pay or can't pay for the service ? And by the way...
Detroit residents are not the only ones facing water shut-offs: In March, Baltimore residents began receiving turn-off notices; according to the Baltimore Sun, 25,000 water customers are delinquent.
http://fusion.net/story/141170/detroit-is-starting-to-shut-off-peoples-water-again/

We have the whole gambit of ideas and ideologies on this site, someone has the answer.

u7330nN.jpg

genwelfares.jpg

Last edited:

Uh,,,okay.

Wassup dick!