• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hungarian Prime Minister: 'Illegal migrants must be deported, EU must change'

Spike

Reaction score
Orbán: EU Must Change After ‘Christians Murdered at Christmas’ in ‘Heart of Europe’

Illegal migrants must be deported and Europe’s borders sealed shut, following the “unprecedented” attack in Berlin, Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán has said.

“It is unprecedented that in the heart of Europe, Christians were murdered at Christmas”, Orbán said in an interview published Saturday, speaking about the terror attack in Berlin, in which a Tunisian migrant ploughed a truck into a crowd of people at a Christmas market on Monday.

“It’s clear that, in the case of migration, nothing can remain the way it was before. Brussels needs to change, migrants who entered Europe illegally must be deported, the borders need to be protected and the inflow of migrants has to be eliminated”

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/12/25/orban-eu-change-christians-murdered/

--------------------

Damn Hungarians, always hiding behind walls. They sound like one of the few sane countries left in Europe.

vengriya-nachala-stroit-stenu-na-granice-s-horvatiey.jpg
776951-cd0150c4-2a92-11e5-acb7-33c75d95366a.jpg

border-fence-morocco-MAIN1b.jpg

Orbán: EU Must Change After ‘Christians Murdered at Christmas’ in ‘Heart of Europe’

Illegal migrants must be deported and Europe’s borders sealed shut, following the “unprecedented” attack in Berlin, Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán has said.

“It is unprecedented that in the heart of Europe, Christians were murdered at Christmas”, Orbán said in an interview published Saturday, speaking about the terror attack in Berlin, in which a Tunisian migrant ploughed a truck into a crowd of people at a Christmas market on Monday.

“It’s clear that, in the case of migration, nothing can remain the way it was before. Brussels needs to change, migrants who entered Europe illegally must be deported, the borders need to be protected and the inflow of migrants has to be eliminated”

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/12/25/orban-eu-change-christians-murdered/

--------------------

Damn Hungarians, always hiding behind walls. They sound like one of the few sane countries left in Europe.

vengriya-nachala-stroit-stenu-na-granice-s-horvatiey.jpg
]
Hey tibs, I think someone's at the door. Be a dear and let them in.

Last edited:
I can count 9 women in that pic of the "Refugees". No old people or children. HIJRAH look it up.

I can count 9 women in that pic of the "Refugees". No old people or children. HIJRAH look it up.

Spot on. It is time to stop this cultural suicide. There is no reason to let these people in. We need to demand that more Arab countries accept them. Kudos to Jordan for their help.

Just one of the many problems of letting those people in the US is culture shock. I mean these people have lived in the hot, arid desert in cramped stone housing(if they're lucky) and then they get introduced to the hustle and bustle of our way of life. It wouldn't be surprising to see, even a refugee with no initial intent to cause harm, to crack up under these conditions. I know myself, after living here my whole life, if i was to suddenly find myself living in Syria or somewhere like that, I would lose my ******* mind. So, my point is, even if properly vetted, any of those people stand a good chance of snapping and be capable of doing God knows what. They should be resettled in a similar culture of what they are used to.

Build it higher

'Time to act' Italy calls for mass migrant deportations as half a million refugees arrive

TERROR attacks across Europe have sparked a new push to see illegal immigrants sent home from Italy as the police are told to toughen up on refugees in 2017.

Italy will open 16 detention centres for migrants under new rules where those detained will stay until deportation can be arranged.

But waves of migrants landed on Italian islands and scenes of chaos were broadcast over international news channels.

BoatsRescueHelper-774324.jpg

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/749273/Italy-EU-Matteo-Renzi-Police-migrants-Libya-deport-terror

Tibs...silent.

They need to start shipping all of the immigrants to Hungary. Tibs has got a spare bedroom up for grabs.

Sorry buddy, please send all inquiries to deljzc, he's the resident expert on all things Hungary.

As a person against all of Trump's proposals to limit immigration from certain countries, his proposals to build a wall to prevent illegal immigration, his promises to deport illegals, I'm curious how you, a resident of Hungary, feel about Hungary's PM wanting to deport illegal migrants and asking the EU do the same. Goes against everything you rail against.

If I had wanted Del's opinion, I'd have asked him.

Every single thing he's said for the past year and a half was WRONG, why would anyone even want to listen to his lies now?

pigeon-fail-karma-win.jpg

I think Tibs means well. He's wrong because all of his media sources are corrupt.

Very interesting.

Nice wall they have over there. My wife and I were in Italy a couple years ago when the refugees were starting to really make news and Hungary was one of the few (maybe the only) EU countries to point out the fact that they could not handle the influx and they could not come close to determining if the people were actually refugees or terrorists. The media was trouncing the hell out of the officials that would make an appearance on TV. Hungary's stance seemed logical in that they wanted to protect their sovereignty and were not going to go along with the EU mandate. So would you rather deal with media bashing or bombs blowing up? Personally I'd rather deal with some goofy ******* media type...

As a person against all of Trump's proposals to limit immigration from certain countries, his proposals to build a wall to prevent illegal immigration, his promises to deport illegals, I'm curious how you, a resident of Hungary, feel about Hungary's PM wanting to deport illegal migrants and asking the EU do the same. Goes against everything you rail against.

Alright Tim, I'll try to answer in kind.

Hungary has indeed built a wall on its southern border and has taken a tough stance on migrants that have passed through Europe this past year.

On paper, that sounds reasonable. But let's look at the situation in more detail. First, we need to clarify a few things:

1. Muslim fanatics - the likes of which are sympathetic to ISIS/Al Queda - have been living throughout Europe for decades. It's been widely reported that there are neighborhoods in Belgium, France, Germany and elsewhere where so-called sleeper cells have been active for many, many years.
2. Due to the Shengen agreement, there is free movement within EU borders. So if you go from say Hungary to Austria, then to Czech Republic, then to Poland, then to Germany, then over to France, you will not be stopped at the border, you can just drive right on through, pretty much like crossing State lines in the US. Thus any terrorists, or terrorist sympathizers already in Europe have free movement where ever they want to go.
3. The mass exodus of people from war torn Syria and Afghanistan and the rest of the middle east is a human catastrophe, with thousands of people, women and children, perishing on the way. Within these masses of legitimate migrants, surely, there have been terrorists that have tried to come through in all the confusion. My estimate would be off the top of my head, 90% legitimate people in dire straights, risking life and limb to enter Europe and 10% criminals, terrorists mingling in the masses.
4. Terrorist operatives are much more easily flown in to airports all over Europe. It is a verifiable fact that hundreds, maybe thousands of EU citizens flew into Syria, Iran and Iraq these past few years, then flew right back to Europe with impunity. This is a critical failing of border control and policing that has allowed this to happen.
5. Back to the wall that Orban had built. This is a chain link fence, with barbed wire, that did slow the influx of 'legitimate' refugees last year. They were forced to head to neighboring countries to try to make it through.
6. The net-net result has been mainly superficial, something that reads well in the press and appeals to constituents, that he's 'keeping Hungary safe'
7. The truth of the matter is that thousands of needy families, women, children and non-terrorist refugees have been kept out of the country. Mind you, none of these people were ever interested in coming to Hungary to begin with, the country just happened to be on the map on the way to Western Europe.
8. Terrorism and support for ISIS remains as big of a problem as ever here and elsewhere in Europe. Those with nefarious plans have been, and will continue to stir the witches' brew. The fence on the southern border did little to nothing to move the needle in this regard.
9. I have no good answer on what to do in a mass migration situation as what is happening currently. Clearly, it is not an option to let a country, any country, be overrun at the borders.
10. There should be, in my mind, some sort of compassion for the fate of legitimate refugees from war torn countries. My parents both escaped a life or death situation and were welcomed in (to the US) with open arms. So I do feel some moral obligation in a situation like this. It is also a tenet of Christianity to welcome in those in need.

All in all I have nothing against border control and building fences to secure borders. But I disagree with turning the issue into a hot button topic to help people get elected, or to keep people in power. I strongly oppose the type of populist message this anti-immigrant stance has become, here in Hungary, and in the US. The parallel with Trump building his wall on the border with Mexico is given. There's no good reason we shouldn't have secure borders, to the south and the north. If it takes a massive, multi-billion dollar wall - and we have the resources for it - then build a wall. I have no problem with that. But make sure to keep things in perspective as far as what it is we expect to achieve once we've built the wall. The populist slogan will wear off, sooner or later. Will no drugs enter the country after that point? There will no longer be criminals and illegals entering the US? Really?

I guess I just got turned off by the simplicity of Trump's message. Much like Orban Viktor here in Hungary. A wall, in itself, no matter how long, no matter how tall, is not an end-all to the problems we face.

Last edited:
Alright Tim, I'll try to answer in kind.

Hungary has indeed built a wall on its southern border and has taken a tough stance on migrants that have passed through Europe this past year.

On paper, that sounds reasonable. But let's look at the situation in more detail. First, we need to clarify a few things:

1. Muslim fanatics - the likes of which are sympathetic to ISIS/Al Queda - have been living throughout Europe for decades. It's been widely reported that there are neighborhoods in Belgium, France, Germany and elsewhere where so-called sleeper cells have been active for many, many years.
2. Due to the Shengen agreement, there is free movement within EU borders. So if you go from say Hungary to Austria, then to Czech Republic, then to Poland, then to Germany, then over to France, you will not be stopped at the border, you can just drive right on through, pretty much like crossing State lines in the US. Thus any terrorists, or terrorist sympathizers already in Europe have free movement where ever they want to go.
3. The mass exodus of people from war torn Syria and Afghanistan and the rest of the middle east is a human catastrophe, with thousands of people, women and children, perishing on the way. Within these masses of legitimate migrants, surely, there have been terrorists that have tried to come through in all the confusion. My estimate would be off the top of my head, 90% legitimate people in dire straights, risking life and limb to enter Europe and 10% criminals, terrorists mingling in the masses.
4. Terrorist operatives are much more easily flown in to airports all over Europe. It is a verifiable fact that hundreds, maybe thousands of EU citizens flew into Syria, Iran and Iraq these past few years, then flew right back to Europe with impunity. This is a critical failing of border control and policing that has allowed this to happen.
5. Back to the wall that Orban had built. This is a chain link fence, with barbed wire, that did slow the influx of 'legitimate' refugees last year. They were forced to head to neighboring countries to try to make it through.
6. The net-net result has been mainly superficial, something that reads well in the press and appeals to constituents, that he's 'keeping Hungary safe'
7. The truth of the matter is that thousands of needy families, women, children and non-terrorist refugees have been kept out of the country. Mind you, none of these people were ever interested in coming to Hungary to begin with, the country just happened to be on the map on the way to Western Europe.
8. Terrorism and support for ISIS remains as big of a problem as ever here and elsewhere in Europe. Those with nefarious plans have been, and will continue to stir the witches' brew. The fence on the southern border did little to nothing to move the needle in this regard.
9. I have no good answer on what to do in a mass migration situation as what is happening currently. Clearly, it is not an option to let a country, any country, be overrun at the borders.
10. There should be, in my mind, some sort of compassion for the fate of legitimate refugees from war torn countries. My parents both escaped a life or death situation and were welcomed in (to the US) with open arms. So I do feel some moral obligation in a situation like this. It is also a tenet of Christianity to welcome in those in need.

All in all I have nothing against border control and building fences to secure borders. But I disagree with turning the issue into a hot button topic to help people get elected, or to keep people in power. I strongly oppose the type of populist message this anti-immigrant stance has become, here in Hungary, and in the US. The parallel with Trump building his wall on the border with Mexico is given. There's no good reason we shouldn't have secure borders, to the south and the north. If it takes a massive, multi-billion dollar wall - and we have the resources for it - then build a wall. I have no problem with that. But make sure to keep things in perspective as far as what it is we expect to achieve once we've built the wall. The populist slogan will wear off, sooner or later. Will no drugs enter the country after that point? There will no longer be criminals and illegals entering the US? Really?

I guess I just got turned off by the simplicity of Trump's message. Much like Orban Viktor here in Hungary. A wall, in itself, no matter how long, no matter how tall, is not an end-all to the problems we face.

Probably my favorite thing I've seen you write. Thanks for the direct commentary without all the slander.

You make valid points. Points that, you'd be surprised to hear, I believe most of us here would share. No one here in their right mind believes for a minute that a wall, as you point out, will stop the flow of criminals, drugs, and illegal aliens.

It is a start, and it is the start that matters. As I posted in another thread, our Federal government is currently and literally busing in thousands of illegal aliens. And let's be frank, we all know why - because they will become Democratic voters. Stop...don't get angry. Be honest with yourself. That is why.

We need to revert to the systems that were in place that landed most all of us here - legal immigration. We cannot have a country that encourages, let alone facilitates the busing in of illegal aliens. We have these little problems like the deficit, the homeless, veterans, healthcare - all that cost money. It makes no sense to increase our financial burden by bringing in illegal aliens, many of whom will not pay taxes but will live off of taxpayer dollars.

That chain link fence may not have stopped a lot in Hungary, but I also don't hear of ISIS blowing **** up and cutting people's heads off in Hungary. France? A disaster. How many terrorist attacks have their been in the past two years? I think it's one every other month.

Building walls - literally and figuratively - and being sovereign, are the right things to do. You may say Trump's message was simplistic. I hope and pray it was much deeper - that this notion of sanctuary cities will go away, that walls will be built, that illegal immigration will be fought, and you are welcome to come in through the front door as all of our guests and new residents should.

As a person against all of Trump's proposals to limit immigration from certain countries, his proposals to build a wall to prevent illegal immigration, his promises to deport illegals, I'm curious how you, a resident of Hungary, feel about Hungary's PM wanting to deport illegal migrants and asking the EU do the same.

And to answer your question specifically, let's be clear. Orban is purely speaking of deporting illegals from other European countries. There are very few illegal immigrants here in Hungary proper. They've all bailed the **** right through on their way to Austria, Germany, Sweden and Norway. The pay scale in Hungary is about 30-40% of that in Western Europe, plus the country is xenophobic and has little to no tolererance for outsiders. Orban loves to beat his chest and offer up his advice to what Western Europe should and shouldn't do, but it really has nothing to do with the situation in Hungary. Just wanted to clear that up.