• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hunting ISIS

Supersteeler

Reaction score
If you haven't watched this show yet, do yourself a favor and watch it from the beginning of this season. It's on the Viceland channel and it's unreal. It's a documentary show about ex military members from around the world who voluntarily and with no government sanctioning get smuggled into Iraq to fight along side the Kurdish military with the express purpose of wiping ISIS off the face of the Earth. They are literally hidden in the backs of cars and trucks by Kurdish citizens and smuggled across the border in order to fight. The Americans are mostly veterans of our wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Camera crews follow them around on the front lines as they are fighting ISIS forces. A lot of times they are also training the Kurdish soldiers on military tactics.

The show does a good job of showing what the soldiers go through as well as what the Iraqi civilians in these cities overrun with ISIS go through. When one of the US soldiers dies combat, the Iraqi citizens honor them with parades and memorial services in the street and cry like they lost one of their own family members. Parts of the show are very hard to watch because one of the guys that is highlighted is a medic and he has to work on people and little kids who have been shot and blown up by ISIS and a lot of them don't make it. It's heart wrenching. They also show how a lot of the guys go home after 3 or 4 months in Iraq and have a very difficult time going back to their regular lives after being in combat so long. Many of them only last a month or two at home and then there they smuggling themselves back into Iraq to fight again. But the show is also uplifting because you see people from all different countries, religious and ethnic backgrounds banding together to rid the world of these evil *************.

I highly recommend it.

Haven't heard about isis in awhile. Which is a good thing.
Gonna have to check out your recommendation. Sounds good

I've seen when a camera crew was allowed access behind isis.
Recruiting kids at the age of 5 is just as heart wrenching.

We can try to westernize that country as much as we want.
Their lifestyle/religion is a stronghold in their brain

Who is this ISIS?

Vaguely remember something about them

Wasn't that some group Obama was sponsoring?

my question is if you have to smuggle the fighters in how does a full camera crew get in and be able to get footage out?

my question is if you have to smuggle the fighters in how does a full camera crew get in and be able to get footage out?

Good question. I've read up on it and it's definitely a legitimate thing. I would assume the camera crew gets smuggled in as well.