• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I don't even know what to say. Just read the article.

So what happens when the police officer decides that he or she won't receive justice? Police brutality.

Policy for charging people who assault officers hasn't changed, King County prosecutor says

SEATTLE — The King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office responded Thursday to reports that it doesn't charge suspects who assault police officers while resisting arrest.

The headline circulating online reads: “King County won’t charge criminals assaulting cops while resisting arrest.”

The office for Prosecuting Attorney Dan Satterberg called the headline “inaccurate and misleading.”

The article from the Jason Rantz Show on KTTH cites a case where a King County Sheriff’s deputy was kicked in the groin, but the female suspect was not charged with assault on an officer. However, she was charged with resisting arrest.

Satterberg’s office declined to charge the woman with assault but pointed to several factors. They noted deputies responded for a potential suicide call, that the suspect was intoxicated, and it appeared the deputy was struck while the woman was flailing and being strapped to a gurney for medical transport.

"Our office takes very seriously our obligation to hold offenders accountable who assault law enforcement officers,” a spokesperson for Satterberg said. “Despite the suggestion otherwise, our office has had no change in our filing and disposition standards related to these crimes."

The spokesperson said in the past 18 months, the prosecutor’s office has filed 367 felony assault cases where officers have been victims. This is 85 percent of the cases referred to them, the spokesperson said.

The prosecutor’s office also forwarded the charging guidelines listed below:

Law Enforcement and Firefighter

Assault in the third degree against a law enforcement officer under RCW 9A.36.031(1) subsection (a) or (g) or a firefighter or other employee of a fire department under 9A.36.030(1)(e) shall normally be filed if the assault can be best described as an intentional attack on the officer and one of the following exist:

(a) The officer has an injury or experiences significant pain as a result of the assault;

(b) The officer is taken or forced to the ground;

(c) The defendant bites the officer, spits in the officer's face or throws urine or bodily fluid on the officer;

(d) A substantial effort is required to stop the assault;

(e) The suspect attempts to get the officer’s firearm; or

(f) The suspect uses any object, not amounting to a deadly weapon, to assault the officer.

Assaults against officers involving deadly weapons or where substantial bodily harm results should normally be filed as assault in the second degree.

Assaults against officers that are best described as either resisting or mere unwanted touching should be filed as resisting or assault in the fourth degree.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/...says/281-1b4fb87a-2aee-43c3-a5f6-e376993298bc

These are the places run by leftists where Antifa thrives.

If they can't be charged, the police will make them pay another way. Once again a stupid lefty position will result in something worse.

gonna be a whole lot of arrested suspects falling face down on the curb

The cities in the NW like Seattle and Portland have to be losing out on business and tourism dollars due to their stances. I refuse to go to Portland to attend a yearly conference due to all the strife that's regularly in the news and I also don't want to put up with the constant harassment of beggars and druggies coming up to you for money. Amazing how that city has gone downhill in 10 years. You'd have to figure that there are a lot of other people that are in the same boat as me.

The cities in the NW like Seattle and Portland have to be losing out on business and tourism dollars due to their stances. I refuse to go to Portland to attend a yearly conference due to all the strife that's regularly in the news and I also don't want to put up with the constant harassment of beggars and druggies coming up to you for money. Amazing how that city has gone downhill in 10 years. You'd have to figure that there are a lot of other people that are in the same boat as me.

San Francisco. Literally a shithole city.

San Francisco. Literally a shithole city.

It really is. And to the OPs point, I can't remember where I read it now, but apparently of all of their police/citizen/homeless interactions (this might be just limited to downtown SF), only like 2% result in an arrest.

Insanity.

If I was the police chief there I would immediately pull every single officer off the street for one month to see how this idiot enjoys it.

They should write a west coast book on how to completely destroy a functional society. I am pretty sure if the United States is ever invaded it will hit the west coast.

It really is. And to the OPs point, I can't remember where I read it now, but apparently of all of their police/citizen/homeless interactions (this might be just limited to downtown SF), only like 2% result in an arrest.

Insanity.

I think it was some prosecutor in TX who said they wouldn't prosecute thefts under $750.

I guess that means you can go in any store, get what you want and leave. Neighbors get a NJ bicycle? No reason you can't just take it

so the gov 't is going to start breeding competition?

I think it was some prosecutor in TX who said they wouldn't prosecute thefts under $750.

I guess that means you can go in any store, get what you want and leave. Neighbors get a NJ bicycle? No reason you can't just take it

http://www.fox4news.com/news/business-owners-have-mixed-reactions-to-dallas-county-das-new-policies

Dallas County's new district attorney announced his office will no longer prosecute "theft of necessary items" up to $750.

The announcement drew an immediate reaction from small business owners who are worried that word of the policy will encourage shoplifting.

While the Dallas County District Attorney John Creuzot tried to clarify his new policy on Friday, some business owners are worried about what the DA's new policy will mean for them.

Encourage it? Hell it almost demands it. Someone needs to start taking his **** and we'll see how he likes it.

Now that would be funny. Some Illegal snatches his wallet when he's on the way out to his car after work.

Oops

th

so the gov 't is going to start breeding competition?

http://www.fox4news.com/news/business-owners-have-mixed-reactions-to-dallas-county-das-new-policies

Dallas County's new district attorney announced his office will no longer prosecute "theft of necessary items" up to $750.

The announcement drew an immediate reaction from small business owners who are worried that word of the policy will encourage shoplifting.

While the Dallas County District Attorney John Creuzot tried to clarify his new policy on Friday, some business owners are worried about what the DA's new policy will mean for them.

Food and clothes are certainly necessities Those stores must be loving this. I'm sure it will be argued that phones are necessities as well. Keep em in your pocket in Dallas.

this is a great way to decide where to release illegals.