• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I just donated to Joe Collins vs Maxine Waters

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Ya, I know. He has about zero ******* chance of unseating the wallet. But I did it happily on principle alone.

Black neighborhoods do need help and frankly, I am BEHIND common sense moves to help these people break the cycle of poverty. In my opinion, the first thing they need to do is stop voting democrat, start pushing back on immigrant labor and start working together to build a better community with better, more reliable jobs.

Any kid from those neighborhoods, minority or otherwise who gets a 3.5 or better in school and wants to get a degree in the sciences, medicine, or engineering - I'm ******* down. Show the scholarship program I can donate to in order to get those kids some opportunities. I would add that anyone who receives the scholarship has to agree to work a specified amount of time in their home communities. If they choose to go somewhere else, they pay back the scholarship grant just like anyone else who'd gotten a loan would.

Unfortunately, I'm just a guy talking out my ***. I don't know how to build a community or enable people to improve themselves. ****, I can't even put together a cookbook.

Here's a thought and I'm serious..

Bring back the draft...offer full rides to anyone who completes their duty and has a honorable discharge.

Bring back the draft...offer full rides to anyone who completes their duty and has a honorable discharge.
The post 911 G.I. Bill is already that essentially. The problem is Marxine Waters District is a DNC vote plantation where 75% of the households are single welfare mothers. These are people who are dependent on and beholden to whoever is going to keep the dole flowing.

The last thing the military needs is an influx of snowflakes and head cases. Horrible idea.

We had a gang banger from Dallas join us at Dyess AFB (Abilene, TX). He was nothing but trouble from day one. Wrote "**** the air force" in the dust of the Base Commander's car. AWOL for days. Stole **** and sold it. pissed hot at least once. Do you want to put your life in that guy's hands?

We also had this chick at Langley who was slotted to go to the sand box. She cried to the first shirt that she didn't want to go and only joined the AF to get her college degree. He told her "tough ****" and to get her affairs in order. She turns around and has a doc give her a restriction as she was allergic to sand fleas. The guy who had just got back from a 90 day TDY had to go back for another 90 day rotation.

Our military don't need more of this ****, they have a few too many already.

I've thought a lot of about a mandatory conscription of some sort that all Americans have to participate in. While it might be run by the army, it would not be soldiering.

I sort of think we could completely redo the way we sign up for military service if we also have mandatory conscription. You could make the changes as such:

1. Between the ages of 18 and 25, each able-bodied citizen must enlist for 15 months to this "new" department. Maybe call it "State Service" of the "Service Corps". You are not officially part of the military. You don't gain military benefits. You are not considered a "veteran". The 15 months is basically 10 weeks of "training" (not nearly as rigorous as basic training in the armed forces - see below) but it does include crowd control, help during natural disasters, maintenance of traffic, use of firearms, etc. Hell, I can think of a million things young Americans need to be taught. After 2 weeks of travel/break and 10 weeks of training, you are enlisted and deployed to be "helpers" to our armed forces. You are really not put in harms way, but do much of the mundane duties enlisted grunts now do. Anything from setting up temporary bases, preparing foot, janitorial services, etc. You could be assigned to help out in natural disasters - handing out food, water, etc. And after a year of this type of work, you are done. Note these people DO get paid but it isn't a lot. Maybe $25,000 for the entire 15 months.

2. Once a "Service Corps" is created (which will have about 1 million people active at any given time), our true military soldiers can be more professionals. No more 2-year enlistments. 4-years is minimum if you want military training and action. Pay goes up. You skills are better. You are invested into by our governments as a "professional soldier". Because we have all these "helpers", we don't need as many active enlisted soldiers. The total number can go down by 10-15% but they would be better at their jobs, if just for the added experience of getting rid of the 2-year service time frame. Giving 4-years also provides much more long-term benefits. You are a veteran, you get school assistance and all the other benefits of being in the military. I am thinking active service soldiers would number about 250,000 to 300,000 at any given time depending on need.

It's just been a thought I've been having for a couple years now. I mean, with 1 million active people as "Service Corps" you could even create different subgroups that people could specify a preference - philanthropic, disaster relief, military support, medical, construction, etc.

Whether this new "Service Corps" is managed under the military umbrella, I'm not entirely sure. I'm leaning that way but am open to debate/discussion on that.

I just think it could be a big benefit to the country to have misc. labor of 1 million people to do things around the country. And I think our young generation might get a better idea of some of the crap things that need to get done in order to make a country work.

Badcat gives us a superb warning as to why the mandatory service would not work. Read the stupid **** from PEOPLE WHO VOLUNTEERED. Can you imagine the garbage from those forced to join??

Our nation is nothing like the country that first had the draft in 1862, then again in 1917 and 1941. Back then, the vast majority of Americans were skilled, intelligent, fit and patriotic. Now, a huge percentage are obese crybabies who are more likely to get real soldiers killed than contribute a second of meaningful assistance.

I don’t know how to do **** either, but I’m all for doing it.

I'd donate to a homeless crackhead if I thought he/she could beat out that nutjob hateful twatwaffle Maxine.

Last edited:
Black neighborhoods do need help and frankly, I am BEHIND common sense moves to help these people break the cycle of poverty.
Make a high school diploma a prerequisite for any government assistance or social welfare program...watch how quickly the graduation rates rise and the poverty rates rapidly decrease. Nobody can gift you prosperity or a better life, you have to want it and work for it. It's much easier to wallow in being a victim and blaming everyone else for your poor life choices.

Badcat gives us a superb warning as to why the mandatory service would not work. Read the stupid **** from PEOPLE WHO VOLUNTEERED. Can you imagine the garbage from those forced to join??

Our nation is nothing like the country that first had the draft in 1862, then again in 1917 and 1941. Back then, the vast majority of Americans were skilled, intelligent, fit and patriotic. Now, a huge percentage are obese crybabies who are more likely to get real soldiers killed than contribute a second of meaningful assistance.
Ok---I hear ya guys..

But how do we change that?

To me it back to the basics...God-Family-Country and maybe just maybe a little bit of service to your nation would help that...

Ok---I hear ya guys..

But how do we change that?

Zero public assistance for ten years. Don't like it? Get the **** out.

Impose the following rule: The Fed spends as much as it takes in. That's it. Runs out of money, stops spending. It will spend its revenues in the following order:
  • Military
  • Border security
  • Roads, bridges, and airport construction and maintenance
  • Federal law enforcement
  • Other government employee salaries
  • Public assistance
Money runs out, spending stops. Too ******* bad. Get a job.

Social security is no longer part of the general fund. It will be put in Algore's lockbox.

Any person in the country illegally is deemed a felon and ineligible for anything - schooling, housing, welfare, voting, etc. Go home.

That's how. Guess how much will actually be done? Yep. Nothing. So many getting rich of turning this great nation into a bloated beached whale that they feed off.

Last edited:
Technically, if you want to do things properly, the government would spend only what they bring in MINUS 20%

10% annually to begin paying off debt, and 10% to apply to social security on top of what is funded through employment taxes.