• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I thought CO was going to hell after weed made legal

• Thread starter Thread starter POP
  • Start date Start date
P

POP

http://www.salon.com/2016/01/06/colorado_anniversary_partner/

It turns out, almost all impacts are positive.

Society didn't crumble. Everyone didn't turn to hard drugs. Tax revenues blew up to levels they didn't eve n believe could happen.

Big pharma despises weed because it will cut deep into their drug sales.

F big pharma and all their bedfellows. Beat them. The are the ones selling poison, but the weed growers.

No one ever died from weed. How many people have died from prescription drugs?

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...number-one-cause-preventable-death-in-us.aspx

Truth. Come get some.

I am not saying this is wrong. I don't know. But one has to wonder the agenda of the writer of the article. We all know the press doesn't report real facts anymore, it advances an agenda.

I have read some opposite things. That may be an agenda too, I don't know. But I read that the tax dollars are not what they expected. I have read that in California marijuana growers do not yet fall under the water guidelines for normal farmers, and are using water at an alarming rate. I read somewhere that there have been instances of people chopping down redwood trees for more growing space.

I really don't give a **** whether it is legal or not. I am not smoking it, because I just don't like it. No moral objection, really, just don't like smoke. However, I think like with draft picks, you have to let this play for a good while to really see.

It turns out, almost all impacts are positive.

Well, almost all is accurate at least...

Nebraska, Oklahoma in border war with Colorado over marijuana

A border war has broken out between Colorado, where recreational pot is legal, and its neighbors, Nebraska and Oklahoma, where it is not.

The suit, filed directly to the U.S. Supreme Court, seeks to strike down Colorado's law legalizing recreational marijuana. It argues that Colorado's statute conflicts with federal drug laws, which consider marijuana illegal, even in small amounts.

"Left unchallenged, I am confident Colorado's law will cause long-term harm to Nebraska families," the state's new attorney general, Republican Doug Peterson, wrote in an open letter last week. "It is incumbent on Nebraska to take action.

600x338

Currently there are too many ambiguities, either it's legal or it's not.....time to decide !

Well, almost all is accurate at least...

Nebraska, Oklahoma in border war with Colorado over marijuana

A border war has broken out between Colorado, where recreational pot is legal, and its neighbors, Nebraska and Oklahoma, where it is not.

The suit, filed directly to the U.S. Supreme Court, seeks to strike down Colorado's law legalizing recreational marijuana. It argues that Colorado's statute conflicts with federal drug laws, which consider marijuana illegal, even in small amounts.

"Left unchallenged, I am confident Colorado's law will cause long-term harm to Nebraska families," the state's new attorney general, Republican Doug Peterson, wrote in an open letter last week. "It is incumbent on Nebraska to take action.

600x338

Currently there are too many ambiguities, either it's legal or it's not.....time to decide !

There is a lot of bull **** being spread around with this, because, as in anything "establishment" it's never about what is true, it's always about how the elite can gain more $ and power, Big pharma is a huge force; they get away with almost anything, literally including murder.

More people die from their poisons than do in car crashes each year.

Big pharma is paying off whoever they have to in order to keep weed illegal. The cancer niche alone is shaking in their boots over weed being allowed.

And this is far beyond about weed being legal; this has tons of implications about states having their own rights without the feds sticking their nose in. There should be very few federal laws, as that is the way our founders saw things.

States should be allowed to decide their own laws, especially on something as, comparatively, harmless as weed. Prescription drugs and booze are endlessly more dangerous on a ginormously large scale.

And it's also retarded to claim someone on weed is a more dangerous driver. That is retarded, and juries in CO are refusing to find people guilty of that offense. They know it's bull ****.

People who are baked drive like little old women going to church. If anything, they drive safer than those who are not baking.

Then there is this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO0JUYr71lM

Easy peezy huh Chuck ?

Problem is that there's two sides to this ( and most all ) argument(s). I can see both sides and to be honest, i don't care. I'll stand by my

argument till somebody does something to settle it once and for all.

The first year weed was legal in WA and CO both of their teams met in the Super Bowl. Just sayin'....

Seems like the only issue, other than the education system sucks, is about food and how you define it. Otherwise, the problem is the government and the Russians.

I believe this website will go to hell with POP starting 14-38 threads a day.

I haven't researched this topic however my husband has had to travel to CO a couple of times on business, and says there are smelly unwashed stoner hippies lounging around all over the place. Maybe that's Utopia to some of you but it doesn't really appeal to me.

Seems like the only issue, other than the education system sucks, is about food and how you define it. Otherwise, the problem is the government and the Russians.

The gov't a problem ? say what ?

xL6lBbG.jpg

oops, jus saw another relevant pic.....

n9tvvtX.jpg

Last edited: