• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

"I wish you guys would come get me. Hurry up and draft me..."

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
That's funny. I remember watching when Dallas was on the clock and Jerry's son slamming the phone down irritated, I figured a tradeback fell apart.

I'm fine with Shazier, but I wonder why Clev didn't try to trading with the Steelers? They have in the past, ownership has a relationship, and many divisional rivals trade all the time, including R1. I dunno. I'm pretty sure Dallas was more than a willing partner, and have shown they'll take less than the TVC exchange rate. I can only guess that Cleveland was just feeling out threats to take Manziel, weren't really serious about trading up unless they got spooked, and as a result were probably offering way too little to move.

I'm still very confused why Miami didn't have interest with either the Steelers or Cowboys to trade up and get Martin.

They really thought Ju'waun James was in the same tier of talent? Miami was extremely active in days 2-3 with trading.

Really curious how that's not a story nationally or at least in the Miami market.

I think part of the reason that Manziel dropped was simply the fact that a lot of teams picking in the middle of the first round (like us) didn't need QB's.

Could it have been a mass text to multiple teams? Who actually WANTS to go to Cleveland?

It could be that his agent thought he might slide out of the first round completely and decided to manufacture a want to the most likely landing spot

I'm still very confused why Miami didn't have interest with either the Steelers or Cowboys to trade up and get Martin.

They really thought Ju'waun James was in the same tier of talent? Miami was extremely active in days 2-3 with trading.

Really curious how that's not a story nationally or at least in the Miami market.

Story i've heard from Fins fans is that They couldn't find anyone to trade down with, and didn't think he'd be available with their next pick, so they panicked and took him in the first.

That's funny. I remember watching when Dallas was on the clock and Jerry's son slamming the phone down irritated, I figured a tradeback fell apart.

I'm fine with Shazier, but I wonder why Clev didn't try to trading with the Steelers? They have in the past, ownership has a relationship, and many divisional rivals trade all the time, including R1. I dunno. I'm pretty sure Dallas was more than a willing partner, and have shown they'll take less than the TVC exchange rate. I can only guess that Cleveland was just feeling out threats to take Manziel, weren't really serious about trading up unless they got spooked, and as a result were probably offering way too little to move.

It's been reported that the Cowboys were actually on the phone with Shazier when the Steelers drafted him, so maybe that's why he slammed down the phone.

It could be that his agent thought he might slide out of the first round completely and decided to manufacture a want to the most likely landing spot

That's my thinking. They didn't want the great "Johnny Football" sitting in the room by himself looking like the total tool that he is.

That's my thinking. They didn't want the great "Johnny Football" sitting in the room by himself looking like the total tool that he is.

Insert "SAMS" for johny, skip a few rounds, and you get the picture :)

Salute the nation

It is going to be a pleasure watching JM prove his mediocrity on a weekly basis this season.

maybe he was just thirsty and meant "draught"? He could have thought he was ordering from Hooters.