• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

If it feels like war, looks like war and sounds like war

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
It must be war. The Dims just can't seem to get over the fact that Hillary lost. Impossible, they say.

Should the Electoral College Be Eliminated? 15 States Are Trying to Make it Obsolete
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...tes-are-trying-to-make-it-obsolete/ar-AABL6B6
AABL6B2.img

The man who helped invent scratch-off lottery tickets now has his sights set on a bigger prize: overhauling the way the United States elects presidents.

On Tuesday, Nevada became the latest state to pass a bill that would grant its electoral votes to whoever wins the popular vote across the country, not just in Nevada. The movement is the brainchild of John Koza, a co-founder of National Popular Vote, an organization that is working to eliminate the influence of the Electoral College.

If Nevada’s governor signs the bill, the state will become the 15th — plus the District of Columbia — to join an interstate pact of states promising to switch to the new system. Those states, including Nevada, have a total of 195 electoral votes. The pact would take effect once enough states have joined to guarantee the national winner 270 electoral votes, ensuring election.

Many Democrats believe the current system unfairly favors rural states with smaller populations, which are often strongly Republican.

Mr. Koza said his approach today is similar to the one he used while lobbying to create state lotteries in the 1970s and 1980s: Take your time and build relationships, vote by vote.

“This is sort of a seasonal business — I tell people it’s like selling fruit,” Mr. Koza said.

D7LcFcTW0AIgLGk.jpg

59E6MJ7.jpg

9gdN5uN.png

Many Democrats believe the current system unfairly favors rural states with smaller populations, which are often strongly Republican.
"Favors"? How so, really?

It's easy to blame the system when your side loses. And I guess they've never heard of equal representation. Just another attempt to further neuter those living in flyover country, and thus grabbing more power for themselves.

But good luck. It's not like this hasn't been attempted (and failed) many times before.

"Favors"? How so, really?

It's easy to blame the system when your side loses. And I guess they've never heard of equal representation. Just another attempt to further neuter those living in flyover country, and thus grabbing more power for themselves.

But good luck. It's not like this hasn't been attempted (and failed) many times before.

The system has been the same for 200+ years. Everyone knows what they have to do to win. Just that as states become more polarized the Dems lose. They control a small number of large states but if CA or NY or IL gain another million Democrats it doesn't affect the Presidential election. It's one reason why they want more immigrants, if they can flip TX blue then the GOP will never win the White House again. You would need a Constitutional amendment to change it which requires a 2/3 vote and ratification by 2/3 of the states and you won't get the smaller states, also about 2/3, essentially all the red states, to vote to eliminate their importance in Presidential elections.

You would need a Constitutional amendment to change it which requires a 2/3 vote and ratification by 2/3 of the states and you won't get the smaller states, also about 2/3, essentially all the red states, to vote to eliminate their importance in Presidential elections.

Thank god. If the founding fathers of this great country didn't set it up brilliantly, we'd be in a world of hurt.

If it ends up happening in a state, there is going to be a lawsuit.

I just don't know how it holds up in the court of law for a State legislature to say the country's majority supersedes the state's majority to decide how its electorate votes. I think there is some strong Constitutional grounds that it takes away the power of my vote across state lines and that is above and beyond what State legislators can do (as opposed the court allowed winner-take-all that States started using in 1824).

I am hopeful a conservative Supreme Court based on the founding fathers interpretations and federalist papers (which don't even like winner-take-all systems) will side with restricting the state's ability to outsource its majority to that of the country.

I'm sure some of these laws are under review by the courts and if it ever applied, I can see it holding up a President's election before having to be reviewed by the Supreme Court.

If they want war. Go ahead and take away the voice of the states. Giving all of the power to rule to a few populated states. Yeah great idea. Good luck with that.

Why don’t you racist sexist bigot homophobes in flyover country Just allow your betters in the 10 biggest cities to rule over you? You are all just uneducated serfs anyway.

Last edited:
Why don’t you racist sexist bigot homophobes in flyover country Just allow your betters in the 10 biggest cities to rule over you? You are all just uneducated serfs anyway.

Yeah...pretty much 'D', and the elites don't mind reminding us of that fact on a continuing basis. While we see how ole Unka George lords over the EU, it won't be long before that mechanism sets it's sites on us too. They already have a good toe hold thanks to Barry so getting full control should be a piece of cake.

DAVID HOROWITZ FREEDOM CENTER
Soros Organizations in EU Push for Open Borders
So-called “international experts” from NGOs funded largely by leftist billionaire George Soros declared that the European Union (EU) must adopt a “courageous” migration policy which opens Europe’s borders to everyone fleeing “wars, climate change [and] poverty.”

At a forum discussion titled “Europe and migration: Where do we draw the border,” representatives from human rights organizations including the Soros-backed Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch demanded that Brussels respect the “rights” of illegal immigrants by providing “safe and legal [migration] routes” for anyone “seeking security in the EU.”

The panel also insisted the EU create an “independent mechanism” to prevent border control violence.

I just got this article from the American Thinker. Pretty telling bit of history about the Democratic Party and their direction 'going forward'...to coin a favorite phrase of theirs.

May 24, 2019
Obama Appointees in the Communist Orbit
By Karin McQuillan

https://www.americanthinker.com/art...ees_in_the_communist_orbit.html#ixzz5p25PbmS2

Oh yeah, let's not leave this guy out.....

7ae3a5f19e6f763606b3244c3b212a5544b9bbece8860e66b21922efd5b69183.jpg

Last edited: