• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I'm just trying to figure out why.....

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
....it's ok to call a Polish person a Pole, a Czechoslovakian a Czech, a Scottish person a Scot, a British person a Brit, a Jewish person a Jew, a Serbian a Serb, a Croatian a Croat but it's NOT ok to call a Japanese person a Jap? :confused:

I'm part Czech and proud to be called so. Maybe instead of being proud all these years, I should have been getting pissed.:cool:

Jap was a term used for them when we had to fight those crazy little ******** in WW2. It may have something to do with that. I'm part German&Hungarian and i just laugh when someone calls me a kraut or jerry,but few use the term anymore unless you're really ******* old .

DBS gets pissed when I call him a bumbling oaf.

Last edited:
Mill hunk referred to pretty much anyone who worked in a mill after a while.....I were one. But yeah, it originated with hunky, a slur for pretty much anyone of eastern European descent but mostly Hungarians and Poles. Some interesting character back in the day..........I worked with an "Iggy" Ignacious Pachulsky, a Karl "the Kraut" Merkel, Floyyd, an enormous (probably morbidly obese) foreman who told the tory with pride of how he paid a guy 10 bucks for a blowjob on his way to work (thought he was a woman but found out it was a guy and just said "**** it,ten bucks is cheap" and a simian like fella named Herbie......Herbie wasn't all there but nice enough for a missing link. You didn't want to be around him after lunch because he'd eat a huge onion everyday just like an apple. Thinking back on it you really didn't want much to be around Herbie before lunch either.

I remember that all the big family occasions of my childhood in the 70s and 80s were held at the neighborhood "Hunky Club."

I got looked at in the late 70s for calling a young Vietnamese boy "Charlie." I thought it was funny then, and I still chuckle at it.

At one time the name "Redskins" was okay and so was smoking on airplanes.

I remember that all the big family occasions of my childhood in the 70s and 80s were held at the neighborhood "Hunky Club."

Where they broadcast the Hunky weddings on the radio while serving Halupki, Chicken Paprikas, Nokedli and Kolachki for desert with truckloads of wadka.

LOL..good times back then, and guaranteed at least one knockdown dragout before it was all over.

....it's ok to call a Polish person a Pole, a Czechoslovakian a Czech, a Scottish person a Scot, a British person a Brit, a Jewish person a Jew, a Serbian a Serb, a Croatian a Croat but it's NOT ok to call a Japanese person a Jap? :confused:

I'm part Czech and proud to be called so. Maybe instead of being proud all these years, I should have been getting pissed.:cool:

B-b-because of .....Hiroshima....'n stuff

I also scratch my head at the term "Oriental" having become a vicious, slanderous epithet. Hell, the term "orient" has morphed over the centuries as Western societies pushed further toward the far east.

Mill hunk referred to pretty much anyone who worked in a mill after a while.....I were one. But yeah, it originated with hunky, a slur for pretty much anyone of eastern European descent but mostly Hungarians and Poles. Some interesting character back in the day..........I worked with an "Iggy" Ignacious Pachulsky, a Karl "the Kraut" Merkel, Floyyd, an enormous (probably morbidly obese) foreman who told the tory with pride of how he paid a guy 10 bucks for a blowjob on his way to work (thought he was a woman but found out it was a guy and just said "**** it,ten bucks is cheap" and a simian like fella named Herbie......Herbie wasn't all there but nice enough for a missing link. You didn't want to be around him after lunch because he'd eat a huge onion everyday just like an apple. Thinking back on it you really didn't want much to be around Herbie before lunch either.

We had a guy in our plant who did same thing, ate the **** out onions just like they were apples. We called him Smelly Ed and told him that he should go live in the septic tank.

would you call your country a ****?