• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

'Inclusivity and Diversity' WTF Canada?

Spike

Reaction score
School Cancels Mother's Day to Promote Inclusivity and Diversity

Staff from the Albert McMahon Elementary School in Mission, British Columbia, sent a letter to the students’ parents and guardians, indicating the cancellation of events related to the holidays, particularly those in the classroom involving the making of gifts to be later given at home.

The full letter reads as follows: "As Mother’s Day and Father’s Day approach we have met as a Primary (Grade 1 and 2) team to discuss our core values. In an effort to celebrate diversity, inclusivity and also nurture our students who are part of nontraditional families, we have decided to encourage those celebrations to take place at home."

http://www.teenvogue.com/story/school-cancels-mothers-day

------------------------------

Man forced to surrender his 'offensive' Star Trek license plate

Star Trek inspired licence plate deemed offensive in Manitoba

image.jpg

A Canadian man's license plate can forget about living long and prospering. After receiving multiple complaints, Manitoba resident Nick Troller was forced to hand over his license plate that read "ASIMIL8," a reference to the Borg, a popular alien race from Star Trek.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/star-trek-inspired-licence-plate-deemed-offensive-in-manitoba-1.3388592

Just ******* stupid. The needs of the MANY outweigh the needs of the few. I guess stupid is spreading to all of north America. Eh

My cousin actually posted on FB that she was upset at seeing all the school sponsored Mother's Day parties. She asked,' To whom were the invitations given?" That was her way of saying that she disapproves of the celebrations because of the non-traditional families. She's not Canadian either. This is just beyond stupid.

My cousin actually posted on FB that she was upset at seeing all the school sponsored Mother's Day parties. She asked,' To whom were the invitations given?" That was her way of saying that she disapproves of the celebrations because of the non-traditional families. She's not Canadian either. This is just beyond stupid.

Every human on this planet has a mom....if your cousins mother chose to not be in her life or chose to kill one or more of her siblings in the womb, take it up with her. The rest of us are thankful for ours.

I'm sorry but your cousin is a nitwit. At my kids' Elementary school they have grandparents day every year. You know what happens when a kid doesn't have a grandparent to come? They ******* sat with my kids and Mom or one of the other grandparents..........and they get treated like grandchildren that day. There are not excluded. Common sense is too much to ask of these morons now. You don't have to cancel everything because it doesn't fit one person in the school. ******* ADAPT and be a HUMAN BEING. That's all you have to do. It's not that hard.

Last edited:
Some of the most precious drawings, paintings and pictures in cute little frames were brought home from my daughters elementary school the Friday before mothers day. To think that there are people who want to deny the mothers these special gifts is selfish beyond belief.

Get over It! Your family IS "non-traditional"! Duh!

Last edited:
Every human on this planet has a mom....if your cousins mother chose to not be in her life or chose to kill one or more of her siblings in the womb, take it up with her. The rest of us are thankful for ours.

She grew up in a loving, stable home. So it's not that. She's pissed that families with two dads or two moms or no moms at all are "excluded." That being said- for as pissed off at Mother's Day that she was on FB, she sure made a big deal of being honored on Sunday. Can't have it both ways...either you want Mother's Day or not. I hate millenial liberal hypocrisy.

This is what happens in the current world of Friday a note goes home at a school and by Saturday the world is talking about it. As I understand the updated story the school team was reacting to a child's trauma in one of the classes. The diversity claim was a rouse by the teachers. They didn't want to say. We are cancelling Mother's day because Billy's Mom died. Or whatever the undisclosed trauma was. So they wrote an Ill conceived letter. 25 years ago, a parent ******* to the Principal and it is quietly explained to them. Now it's put on Facebook and it becomes a North American issue.

This is what happens in the current world of Friday a note goes home at a school and by Saturday the world is talking about it. As I understand the updated story the school team was reacting to a child's trauma in one of the classes. The diversity claim was a rouse by the teachers. They didn't want to say. We are cancelling Mother's day because Billy's Mom died. Or whatever the undisclosed trauma was. So they wrote an Ill conceived letter. 25 years ago, a parent ******* to the Principal and it is quietly explained to them. Now it's put on Facebook and it becomes a North American issue.

Great story.

the "mom" in the male/male relationship is the one who gets toaster strudled more often.
the "mom" in the female/female relationship is the one who shaves her armpits.

Who comes up with this ****? Does the left have a thinktank for finding stuff that could possibly cause .001% of the population a split moment of concern and then piss off the majority to seek change. No wonder they are losing all but the Hollywood and ill-informed types.

It is good that we can agree on something Sask.

The world is far to quick to reach some conclusion about something of great offense to those that receive the message out of context.