• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Instagram Terms of Service - They Own You Now

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Bottom line is they now have access to your camera, all files on your computer, all data on other devices on your network, all log ins to websites you use. Pretty much everything you do is now their property. I don't have Instagram or Facebook but this **** is gettng scary. I don;t know why anybody uses these.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VhSX7IzHkrE" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Bottom line is they now have access to your camera, all files on your computer, all data on other devices on your network, all log ins to websites you use. Pretty much everything you do is now their property. I don't have Instagram or Facebook but this **** is gettng scary. I don;t know why anybody uses these.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VhSX7IzHkrE" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>
You can deny all of that **** in app settings for fakebook and Instagram.

You can deny all of that **** in app settings for fakebook and Instagram.

Or use a VPN ?

You can use PureVPN's app to instantly access Instagram on your iPhone or Android. As a bonus, the service also encrypts your data with AES 256 technology, enhancing your overall security over the web. It is yet the best price VPN of 2020 as well.

https://cooltechzone.com/vpn-instagram

Being a cheap *** old guy I chose SurfSharkVPN but they all do about the same thing, some just have better and more routers in more cities and Countries and some are a little faster than others. IPVanish and ExpressVPN do the most advertising by far, thair ads are everywhere.

I didn't need all that....I got 27 mos for $89.

i-am-going-niesdb.jpg

This is why I don’t have social media accounts.

Or use a VPN ?

https://cooltechzone.com/vpn-instagram

Being a cheap *** old guy I chose SurfSharkVPN but they all do about the same thing, some just have better and more routers in more cities and Countries and some are a little faster than others. IPVanish and ExpressVPN do the most advertising by far, thair ads are everywhere.

I didn't need all that....I got 27 mos for $89.

i-am-going-niesdb.jpg

Well we don't live in commieland, so I'm not too concerned,YET! haha.

Well we don't live in commieland, so I'm not too concerned,YET! haha.

I wouldn't side load any third party apps without a buffer to block malware an phishing. Amazon sponsored apps are pretty safe presumably but safe is safe and a VPN can also trick the net into believing I am in the 'Burg for getting their local broadcasts.

I wouldn't side load any third party apps without a buffer to block malware an phishing. Amazon sponsored apps are pretty safe presumably but safe is safe and a VPN can also trick the net into believing I am in the 'Burg for getting their local broadcasts.

Ohhhh, I'll have to go that route then.

doesnt matter if you've never been on Facebook or Instagram. If you've ever been named or tagged, if you prefer, in a photo, Facebook has a record of your existence. As such, their databases record you (over multiple DBs). Every time someone tags you or names you in thread/picture, the files they have on you grows.

oh, but you want privacy, so you request they remove all their information on you. Sure thing. One database will be purged. All the databases that are linked, are not. Then the files are just rebuilt. The system will not be shut down.

Ohhhh, I'll have to go that route then.

Don't jump on anything yet. My VPN doesn't cover Pittsburgh, to my dismay. My next resource to check for next year maybe CBS Live. At 6/mo it may be the alternative to me changing VPN's.

We shall see. I'm still tryin' to sort this **** out.. For all I know my pay app (Sling) will cover the games ?

Don't jump on anything yet. My VPN doesn't cover Pittsburgh, to my dismay. My next resource to check for next year maybe CBS Live. At 6/mo it may be the alternative to me changing VPN's.

We shall see. I'm still tryin' to sort this **** out.. For all I know my pay app (Sling) will cover the games ?

I've had Direct TV. They gave me the NFL ticket for free this year since I canceled it. Then they had some big money fight with NBC and I couldn't even get that channel for a month. I'm done with them. Cutting them out completely. I'm at a toss up between Att&t for internet or Comcast cable internet. The cable internet has always been more reliable for me.

As time passes, the more I realize that big media censorships what you can read, presses forth on their agenda, and violates your privacy whether you like it or not. You don't have to agree to their terms.

Thankfully the Supreme Court, at least their majority that comprises of them values your privacy.

Facefuck/Shitbook is the really scary one. On Christmas Eve my GF and I went out to buy crab legs for dinner and talked about it in the car. Later, Alaskan king crab leg links showed up on both of our facebook feeds.

Facefuck/Shitbook is the really scary one. On Christmas Eve my GF and I went out to buy crab legs for dinner and talked about it in the car. Later, Alaskan king crab leg links showed up on both of our facebook feeds.

My brother in law claims that his accounts are fed ads for things said during cell phone conversations. It has happened a number of times.

That has been going on for years. I've experienced it myself. Any app you give permissions to for you microphone, camera,images,messages and contacts can actively spy on you anytime it wants. It can turn your camera on and microphone without you even knowing it.

This is fairly common knowledge and if you don't know it,now you do.

That's why you will see advertisements on your phone for things you talk about near it. You don't need to be on it..

So for every single app you have including search engines and browsers, always check your permissions.

For me I've said so much **** on Facebook that it doesn't matter anymore...haha. They have my *** filtered out most of the time considering I'm a conservative who endlessly bashes the lefties and the need for their companies to be broken up as an illegal monopoly.