• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

It is time for Roger Goodell to step down

madinsomniac

Reaction score
In this, the 100th year anniversary of the NFL, the league has been marred by controversy after controversy....
The absurd Antonio Brown situation, the ongoing colin Kaepernick fiasco, the absolutely atrocious and inconsistent officiating, the Miles Garrett incident, along with the now annual litney list of players fined and suspended for PEDs, substance abuse, and personal conduct violations https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/fines-suspensions/

Now we have a potential new spygate scandal....

Does anyone actually have any faith that after his laundry list of failed disciplinary actions he will handle this correctly? After the last ESPN expose on spygate, you cannot... he has lost any moral authority to even intervene in these kind of situations anymore....

He has lost the ability to be viewed as an impartial governor, he absolutely has to go...
if the facts absolve New England, nobody will or should believe him because of the past events that he absolutely and totally covered up and let slide
If the facts show that this (obviously) is more cheating, then his actions in covering it up and giving them a slap on the wrist directly led to them continuing to cheat, and tainted another decade of the NFL...

Roger has to go....

ROGER is going no where untill the new CBA is negotiated and passed. His stamp will be all over the NFL for as long as the CBA is negotiated for. Like it or NOT

Pittsburgh is the ONLY football club to vote against the current CBA and that was mostly due to the unleveled power the commissioner received by the CBA. OUR players voted it down UNANIMOUSLY and because of that fact, roger godell had tainted feelings towards us deep down and has acted upon them back-door-ish ever since. Robert Kraft help sell the "rog" to enough owners to be appointed commissioner and rog has been endepted to him sense. The spygate debacle was handle so inept that eventually the cheatriots waved it back into the rog's face in such a way that they got the preferred treatment even more due to the exposure of things hurting even more.

UNTIL a non-corrupt commissioner, who has the backing of the owners, is appointed we will see nothing but **** in the future. The game has been turned into **** so we might as well have **** for everything else.

Salute the nation

Agree that he isn't going anywhere until the CBA is done. The league needs his strength there and then maybe they can get him to retire although I believe he is still fairly young to retire in full.

The changes the league has made to the game are not fan friendly and truly diminish the better aspects of pro football. We need to get this nit picking bullshit out of the game and let these guys play football.

He makes like 60 million or something insane, more than any player, he's not going anywhere

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

I wonder if any networks would be interested in this..........? ADD in Kraft and t*mmyb*y and we might have something.......

Salute the nation

I doubt they get a new CBA signed with him at the helm. Outside of the Pats******* he's pretty universally disliked.

Raj isn't going anywhere until the Puppet Master Kraft decrees it.

I am also convinced the Puppet Master is part of the mob, but some might say I have a tinfoil hat for saying so.

I doubt they get a new CBA signed with him at the helm. Outside of the Pats******* he's pretty universally disliked.

Get ready for strike season then because he's the one at the helm and he's definitely not stepping down till it's done. He has full support of the owners because they want money. ROGER has earned them vast amounts of money under his realm. The game / discipline / etc. sucks but one thing is for sure............ he has made them unprecedented money and money talks for the greed of the game.

Salute the nation

Honestly this could be the straw... the non kraft owners pretty much forced him to punish the Pats for deflate gate... tgey were done with the malarkey and felt cheated... that strained his relationship with kraft, who got a free pass for his offseason shenanigans from the league trying to mend fences most likely... this is going to tip the scales one way or another and its possible if the story gets legs he is sacrificed to the glory of the shield... honestly tge owners can play it as a good faith show to the nflpa, who kind of dislikes him...

Raj isn't going anywhere until the Puppet Master Kraft decrees it.

I am also convinced the Puppet Master is part of the mob, but some might say I have a tinfoil hat for saying so.

Then I'm a tin foil hat wearer too.

If the rest of the owners aren't doing jackshit then the fans should boycott the product. Let's see if the rog and krapft can keep doing this **** when the rest of the owners get hit where it hurts them the most, in their the pockets for lack of attendance and merchandise buying.

Just imagine empty stadiums all over the country in the most critical part of the season, people protesting outside the stadiums demanding a full investigation and punishment for the cheaters, the rog will have to give in and kick those ******* to the curb.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Steeler Nation mobile app

If the rest of the owners aren't doing jackshit then the fans should boycott the product. Let's see if the rog and krapft can keep doing this **** when the rest of the owners get hit where it hurts them the most, in their the pockets for lack of attendance and merchandise buying.

Just imagine empty stadiums all over the country in the most critical part of the season, people protesting outside the stadiums demanding a full investigation and punishment for the cheaters, the rog will have to give in and kick those ******* to the curb.

In a perfect world, my friend. I'd love that to happen, but would our common will and determination to not see our favorite pastime hijacked make even a dent, if we even tried?

These owners are raking in more money than ever.. they don’t want Roger to go anywhere. The owners are the only ones who can remove him from his throne.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's my theory. The NFL is contracting. It's inevitable. Soccer moms today raise their eyebrows in concern when you say your kid is in football. It's becoming something of a stigma, almost as if its child abuse. It's bubbling up quickly. Many kids who would normally (previously) be in football programs in high school are flooding lacrosse. It's ridiculous how flush lacrosse is with athletes now. It won't be long before this effect results in attendance and money.

I think the reason Roger got such a ridiculous deal is because he, and everyone else, knew he would be presiding over a losing company. No CEO likes to be in that situation, so it has to be worth it. Sure, they can find another guy who will take that ridiculous money, but it won't be anyone worth a ****.

Here's my theory. The NFL is contracting. It's inevitable. Soccer moms today raise their eyebrows in concern when you say your kid is in football. It's becoming something of a stigma, almost as if its child abuse. It's bubbling up quickly. Many kids who would normally (previously) be in football programs in high school are flooding lacrosse. It's ridiculous how flush lacrosse is with athletes now. It won't be long before this effect results in attendance and money.

I think the reason Roger got such a ridiculous deal is because he, and everyone else, knew he would be presiding over a losing company. No CEO likes to be in that situation, so it has to be worth it. Sure, they can find another guy who will take that ridiculous money, but it won't be anyone worth a ****.

The only issue with that is that the nfl pulls from college and I don’t think college has a shortage of players at any level...

The reality has been for a while now that tons of legit talent falls by the wayside on the path to the NFL. Even college programs can only actually develop and play a portion of the players they roster... all the time guys transfer because they are stuck behind guys and thrive elsewhere... the nfl has metric tons of udfas that have the measurables to play in the league but never get a shot cause of lack of pedigree..

Look at Duck, we cut the kid and he lingered out there for a couple weeks before we brought him back... in many cases those guys just move on and are never heard from again...

It will be a very long time before the prospect pool dries up enough that they would have to contract...

Disagree. The NFL pulls from colleges, colleges pull from HS, HS pulls from MS. I predict a noticeable decline in the college talent pool in the next 5 years.