• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Jackson > Rudolph

ChampYINZ

Reaction score
That’s the difference between us and the Rats

Today-yes. But you don't know that long term, Rudolph would need another year to be fair to him. Plus Jackson has a 60/40 shot to get a RGIII type injury in the course of his career due to his running and then turn into post knee injury RGIII. o

Last edited:
Today-yes. But you don't know that long term, Rudolph would need another year to be fair to him. Plus Jackson has a 60/40 shot to get a RGIII type injury in the course of his career due to his running and then turn into post knee injury RGIII. o

There should be an archive so we can revisit things like this 5 years down the road...
high level running Qbs always flame out after a couple mvp type seasons... his backup RG3 is another... vick... newton... kordell... i mean there are lots... early success... then as patterns develop and injuries pile up they become useless quickly

There should be an archive so we can revisit things like this 5 years down the road...
high level running Qbs always flame out after a couple mvp type seasons... his backup RG3 is another... vick... newton... kordell... i mean there are lots... early success... then as patterns develop and injuries pile up they become useless quickly

Cheating QBs would have that same shelf life of the actual rules were enforced....................!

Salute the nation

Cheating QBs would have that same shelf life of the actual rules were enforced....................!

Salute the nation

I just think that rbs have the shortest shelf life in pro sports... most are done by 29 because you cannot take all those hits and not lose a little reaction time... qbs who add that kind of violence to their already normal allotment of hits they are going to take start showing more problems earlier...

Yes Brady probably has had help playing to 40 in illicit ways... but star qbs typically are done in their mid to late 30’s... they are talking about trading cam freaken newton this offseason... if anyone was going to beat the stereotype it was him...

The other thing is its hard to compare Rudolph and Jacksons first few starts... all last year Jackson had some spot appearances and 7 starts... his passing numbers weren’t better than Rudolph’s are right now... his ypa was 7.1 to Rudolph’s 6.7... he only threw 6 tds and 3 interceptions but he did run the ball a lot, something Rudolph isn’t going to do... his completion percentage was fairly low and he took a lot more sacks...

Rudolph has had overall better passing productivity in basically 5 games (5starts, but failed to finish one game but played a half to finish a start for ben) than Jackson had in all of his appearances last season... but again passes mr dumped off or threw away were going to be runs for LJ... and the ravens absolutely have designed a bunch of run pass options for LJ as well as, so his total offensive contribution has been higher...

First year starters just get super sheltered in the nfl... it just is what it is...

The most enjoyable "running" QB I ever watched was Cunningham. That dude was just electric with the ball in his hands - fast, quick, strong and had better balance than anyone I have seen in the game. He was like a damn cat, didn't matter what way you threw him he landed on his feet. NOt that I have lots of experience throwing cats, but you get my vibe. But Cunningham became a pocket passer later in his career which gave him quite a few more years.

I thought Vick was going to rival Cunningham but things didn't quite go that route.

In the long run, if I am drafting a QB, i want the pocket passer (especially in todays NFL). Shelf life is just too short for the scramblers.

Right now, absolutely. In the future, who knows. I will admit, when there was a lot of talk about the Steelers liking Jackson in that draft, I was all for it. He is a hell of an athlete that can run AND throw the ball.

Jackson will be exciting until his knee bends the wrong way on a safety tackle 20 yards downfield.
Then he'll be on the sidelines for half a season and he'll never be the same.

It's just a matter of time.

Reactions: GMC
*******....Ravens offer Jackson for Rudolph straight up right now....

What would you do?

If you don't make that trade you're a ******* moron

Jackson will be exciting until his knee bends the wrong way on a safety tackle 20 yards downfield.
Then he'll be on the sidelines for half a season and he'll never be the same.

It's just a matter of time.

Yep, it's not that you root for it but it's just about inevitable to happen when you have a guy running defenseless that often.

They are delusional if they think he’s gonna hold up RUNNING as a QB.

It has NEVER worked past few few years

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Yeah and if someone offered me $40,000 for my 2005 Toyota straight up, Id be dumb not to do that too, but its not happening either

By 17th week table will turn. I don't know why ppl hear cursing Rudolph, after all these injuries, he did more than expected. I don't see any extra win even we with BB with the current injuries and talent.

All I am seeing inexperience O and getting better day by day on each day.

Sent from my SM-M307F using Steeler Nation mobile app

Some of you are really over critical of Mason. The kid has played well winning four games under center with 11 TDS and only 4 Ints, of which two were not his fault.
He’s getting better every week and it’s not like he has a bevy of playmakers around him. Give it a rest!

Said it once and I’ll say it again. I think by 2022 or 2023 Lamar Jackson will be out of the NFL and Kyler Murray will be in the A’s organization.

The most enjoyable "running" QB I ever watched was Cunningham. That dude was just electric with the ball in his hands - fast, quick, strong and had better balance than anyone I have seen in the game. He was like a damn cat, didn't matter what way you threw him he landed on his feet. NOt that I have lots of experience throwing cats, but you get my vibe. But Cunningham became a pocket passer later in his career which gave him quite a few more years.

I thought Vick was going to rival Cunningham but things didn't quite go that route.

In the long run, if I am drafting a QB, i want the pocket passer (especially in todays NFL). Shelf life is just too short for the scramblers.

NFL I'd probably have to agree. But football overall, I'd have to go with Tony Rice. Still one of my all time favorite Irish Qbs.

Some of you are really over critical of Mason. The kid has played well winning four games under center with 11 TDS and only 4 Ints, of which two were not his fault.
He’s getting better every week and it’s not like he has a bevy of playmakers around him. Give it a rest!

Yup, today was his best game by far, good quick decisions, accurate, threw some nice intermediate throws, if not for some drops it would have been a great game by him.

For the experience he has, I am happy with his performance so far. Not making rookie mistakes. Giving the team a chance. Making some good throws and not getting much help from bobble handed receivers. He’s not Pat Mahomes and never will be but like someone above posted, he’s not supposed to be starting yet...