• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

JJWatt

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Last edited:
“Maybe he’ll have a change of mind about retirement”

???

Your absolutely correct mad.....

one would think that the Steelers would train/educate their ex-players about such things when they join the front office team...

Your absolutely correct mad.....

one would think that the Steelers would train/educate their ex-players about such things when they join the front office team...
I’m sure they do.

It’s the media’s job to create a hooplah

Not many professional athletes have the opportunity to play with their brother. It would've been awesome to have all three Watt brothers here last year, and while I don't think it will happen, I'd love to see JJ one year in a Steelers' uniform.

Then it would void June 1st…. That isn’t too bad…though i don’t know if that qualifies as a post June cut… because I think that would exclude tampering rules… I’m fine with what Ike said if that is the case… though i don’t trust the spiteful Goodell office…

I still doubt barring injury to a starter and a really good payday he is coming out of retirement though lol

I could be wrong but I don't think a low level scout hypothetically talking about a situation like this constitutes tampering. And if he is under contract with AZ the hypothetical situation would include a trade.

JJ better get his azz down here & join Baby Bro

That is if he "Watts" a shot at a ring....

Last edited:
I am amazed at this stories wings. It keeps flying along, with not a sliver of indication that Watt has even a remote thought process of returning.

Well at least it is something to talk about n in May.
That's my take as well. Curious if either party, JJ or the Steelers would actually be interested.
My thought initially was that he's too old, beat up, and doesn't need the money, but he's the same age as Cam.

Maybe he joins as an assistant LB coach just so he can harass baby brother.

The talk of brothers playing together on the same team is A-ok provided the brothers contribute to their roles.

Cam / Conner are both contributors and Conner’s rookie pay merits his. Play and roster spot.

TJ / Derrick with TJ obviously a given, BUT Derrick didn’t merit his salary vs his play. His couple dozen plus ST tackles and dozen or so FB touches 10 for 22 yards 1 TD, his 3 year 9.75 mil was an “OVER” pay.

Not sure what JJ WATT would need for pay, but this defense is prettty high pay currently. Would it merit about 8-10 mil for a rotational player?

I like the talk of it, brothers playing together, but we also have to justify what’s best for the team as well..

Just an eye opener

Salute the natiobn