• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Jon Gruden As The Steelers Offensive Coordinator "Would Be The Perfect Choice" According To Insider

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
Pittsburgh Steelers fans are tired of hearing the name Matt Canada at this point in 2023. Heading into Week 5, the team is collectively one of the worst units in the NFL and there isn't much hope for it to get any better. The offensive line is way out of sync, playmakers are injured all over the place and the play-caller has yet to make an adjustment to professional football in his third season at the helm. It seems almost impossible at this point for Canada to be retained at the end of the 2023 season, if he is even able to make it until January. His approach has been called "sickening."

READ MORE

You spelled head coach wrong.

Gruden would not work under Tomlin.
Shades has a long standing tradition of not hiring anyone smarter than he is.

Shades has a long standing tradition of not hiring anyone smarter than he is.
Which is hard to do considering he's in the 10th percentile.

I think it’s less he doesn’t want good input and more that he doesn’t want anyone who will challenge his plans…. Honestly Tomlin really just needs something to knock his ego down a ton.

I think it’s less he doesn’t want good input and more that he doesn’t want anyone who will challenge his plans…. Honestly Tomlin really just needs something to knock his ego down a ton.
You would think the butt whooping a rookie QB and head coach just gave him might do that... but I am sure he will find another scapegoat.

Tomlin being the control freak that he is only wants coaches that are yes men. Chuckie is not a yes man so this would never work.
If they boot Canada at the bye week they will most likely promote QB Coach Sullivan.

Tomlin being the control freak that he is only wants coaches that are yes men. Chuckie is not a yes man so this would never work.
If they boot Canada at the bye week they will most likely promote QB Coach Sullivan.
Yep, MT does not like being questioned and if Sullivan takes over the playbook will be the same as now.
Thanks for the memories Mike, but it's time to clean house.

Gruden would not work under Tomlin.

Yes he would just like Flores did. Remember that Gruden is currently being shunned by the NFL because he said mean things about Goodell so Goodell made sure that private emails from Gruden that made him look bad were leaked. Gruden was branded racist based on a joke in 1 email.

Tomlin would be the answer to Gruden if he wants back in the NFL. Tomlin, a black coach, with a former relationship with Gruden, just has to welcome Gruden back and he'd have his second chance.

Like Flores, he'd probably only stay a short while. But who cares so long as he installs a real NFL offense that another coach could build upon if he leaves.

I would LOVE seeing Chuckie as our OC.
LOVE IT.
But as already stated, the NFL cancelled him already, and even if they hadn’t, no way Cool Shades would want him.

I like Gruden, but he wasn't that great with the raiders. He is an upgrade to what we have but how long would he stay. Also it is a giant ask to instill a whole new offense mid season. To "fix" this season we need to fix the blocking scheme, tweak the routes, and call better plays in general. We can not realistically do a full overhaul mid season.

The problem I always had with Gruden was after Gannon he was always looking for the next big thing at QB. Never had patience to work up who he had at the moment.

It could be like Rocky 3 only this time the fallen white ex-champion helps the lost black guy find his way back on offense and gives him a new identity.