• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Judge overturns $4.7 billion Sunday Ticket verdict

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score

Judge rules for NFL, overturns $4.7B 'Sunday Ticket' verdict​

• Associated Press

LOS ANGELES -- A federal judge has overturned a jury's $4.7 billion verdict in the class-action lawsuit filed by "Sunday Ticket" subscribers against the NFL and has granted judgment to the NFL.
U.S. District Judge Philip Gutierrez ruled Thursday that the testimony of two witnesses for the subscribers had flawed methodologies and should have been excluded.
"Without the testimonies of Dr. [Daniel] Rascher and Dr. [John] Zona, no reasonable jury could have found class-wide injury or damages," Gutierrez wrote at the end of his 16-page ruling.

Man, I had big plans for that $1900.

I could cuss right now, but I also expected this.

$$$$denar$$$$…………… Talks

Salute the nation

A jury of our peers sided with us, a paid off Federal Judge gives us the finger and corporate America wins again. Color me shocked.,
Maybe each NFL team, with an extra $430 million because of this, will reduce ticket prices or find ways to build their own stadium, or help feed the needy or house the homeles.....

A wealth empire, there was little doubt this would ultimately be kicked. Classism and placism at its best. You uppity consumers just stay in your place while the wealthy handle these big boy issues.

A jury of our peers sided with us, a paid off Federal Judge gives us the finger and corporate America wins again. Color me shocked.,
Yea, my thoughts exactly.

This has been tossed before and reinstated on appeal... the judge basically said no matter what the jury decided he was gonna toss it...

A wealth empire, there was little doubt this would ultimately be kicked. Classism and placism at its best. You uppity consumers just stay in your place while the wealthy handle these big boy issues.
And the greed by NFL owners just increases more and more. I'm not paying extra to see any games, I decided. Can live without them.

This has been tossed before and reinstated on appeal... the judge basically said no matter what the jury decided he was gonna toss it...
Yea, I'm sure he wasn't paid off.

Heard Rooney is out at the Kia dealership right now buying a new car with the 450 million windfall he received yesterday.