• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Justice Department Approves AT&T-DirecTV Merger

Spike

Reaction score
The federal government said Tuesday it won't pull the plug on AT&T's $48.5 billion deal to buy DirecTV, clearing the way for the merger of the No. 2 wireless carrier and the No. 1 satellite TV service.

AT&T agreed to buy DirecTV in May 2014, saying the deal would give it a larger base of video subscribers and improve its competitiveness against Comcast and Time Warner Cable. The merger could allow AT&T to improve its Internet service by pushing its U-verse TV subscribers into video-over-satellite service, freeing up bandwidth on its network.

"If the conditions are approved by my colleagues, 12.5 million customer locations will have access to a competitive high-speed fiber connection," Wheeler said. "This additional build-out is about 10 times the size of AT&T's current fiber-to-the-premise deployment, increases the entire nation's residential fiber build by more than 40 percent, and more than triples the number of metropolitan areas AT&T has announced plans to serve."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/justice-department-approves-t-directv-merger-n396196

-------------------------

The future lies ahead

amen

does this mean DirecTV will declare my cell phone an extra receiver and charge me an additional $6

Lower the price of Sunday Ticket, you *************.

Im with comcast but Im going the way of streaming anyways. Probaby amazon fire. I just need them to reject the Baker Hughes/Halliburton merger. Please and thank you.