• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kalabrya Haskins Releases Statement Through Steelers

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Today we heard from the wife of Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Dwayne Haskins. This comes hours after the first statement from his family was released last night by Dwayne’s parents.

In the statement Mrs Haskins thanks all of the people who have supported her family during this ‘arduous time’.

I would like to express my sincerest gratitude to every loving soul who has supported our family during this arduous time of loss. The overwhelming thoughts and prayers have been fuel for our emotional depletion. All of your blessings have been greatly valued and appreciated. The meaningful touches and impact Dwayne made as a husband, son, brother, teammate and friend is a timeless treasure imbrued in our hearts. I am truly grateful to everyone who has been by our side as we mourn his untimely passing. Our family implores for your continued respectful privacy as we painfully grieve.

My husband was more than a great football player. He had the smile of a rainbow that touched the diversity of so many. He will forever rest and remain in our hearts til the end of time. His eternal love will always reside with us, Ohio State, Washington Commanders, and Steelers Nation for eternity! LOVE MY LIFE, FOREVER…REST IN THE BEAUTIFUL PEASE OF HEAVEN!

A statement from Kalabrya Haskins: pic.twitter.com/JJ4tVnYyll

— Burt Lauten (@SteelersPRBurt) April 13, 2022

The Steelers will hold a celebration of his life next Friday at Allegheny Center Alliance Church in Pittsburgh. The family has invited all friends, coaches, teammates, and who ever else would like to pay their respects to Dwayne during a visitation from 10-11am. A service will follow from 11-1pm.

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Man. ....ugh.

You can feel her grief. So saddening. Just reaching out when you know the last thing you really want to do is interact. Just a hard thing to have to do. I feel for her.

I hope the Rooneys help take care of that family for generations… so sad…
Will they give them his complete contact? Not sure how it works and if it is different for each team..

After what the Rooney’s did for Shazier I fully expect them to do right by her as well. Say what you want about our recent on field struggles, we have the most family oriented/big hearted owners in all of sports. That doesn’t mean much to some people, but its sure a sense of pride for me and my family.

After what the Rooney’s did for Shazier I fully expect them to do right by her as well. Say what you want about our recent on field struggles, we have the most family oriented/big hearted owners in all of sports. That doesn’t mean much to some people, but its sure a sense of pride for me and my family.

Yeah there's absolutely no doubt they will do everything they can to do right by her. She sounds like a wise and wonderful young woman, heartbreaking.