• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

killings

• Thread starter Thread starter POP
  • Start date Start date
to be fair the US has a lot more ignorant people running around than those other countries listed.

How about comparing the number of murderers involving the civilian population for various countries over the past several years? That might give some indication as to the type of individual the police have to deal with when doing their job. Let me do a very quick summary of the few of the "comparison" nations:

Number of murders

Finland (2015): 118
United States (2015): 12,996, or 110 times greater than the United States.

Murder rate per million people:

Finland (2015): 22
United States (2015): 42, or 91% higher than Finland

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Finland/United-States/Crime

How about Iceland vs. the United States? Okay:

Number of murders

Iceland (2015): 1
United States (2015): 12,996

So the United States had almost 13,000 times the number of homicides as Iceland.

Murder rate per million people:

Iceland (2015): 3.14 (I guess pi is the leading cause of murder in Iceland.)
United States (2015): 42.01, or more than 13x as frequent as Iceland.

Instances of reported and investigated rape??

Iceland (2015): 78
Finland (2015): 184
United States (2015): 84,767

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Iceland/United-States/Crime

So to repeat, for the 20th time ...

Do police sometimes use excessive force, including to the point of killing somebody without justification? Of course. They carry guns, do a very difficult job, and make mistakes, including criminal offenses on occasion.

And do doctors sometimes perform surgery when drunk and kill patients? Yes. It happens.

However, the police and medical professionals perform an incredibly important function and make this country a better place. That is my ultimate point.

Sometimes criminals have to be shot. We have more than anyone else.

Number of blacks in Iceland: less than 100

Number of blacks in Finland: 20,000

Number of blacks in U.S.A.: 38,000,000

Maybe blacks are the problem...... just saying because that article was so blatantly stupid in its statistical analysis, I might as well make any correlation I want.

Number of blacks in Iceland: less than 100

Number of blacks in Finland: 20,000

Number of blacks in U.S.A.: 38,000,000

Maybe blacks are the problem...... just saying because that article was so blatantly stupid in its statistical analysis, I might as well make any correlation I want.

I think you could take it a step further and ask what % of a population is indigenous to the country, but even that's hard to define. For instance, do you count Americans from white Europe as being "indigenous" to the country? How do you define that? Or are only Native Americans "indigenous?" And then, what? Are blacks and latinos born here indigenous?

At the risk of sounding racist (especially these days), history does show that blacks are more likely to kill each other - I mean, not in wars - but in general society. The amount of blacks in a society seems to increase violent crimes, which could help explain why our death-by-cops rate is so high. THAT BEING SAID, I refuse to paint the entire subject with that brush. We should strive to have less death by cops and stop being the world leader of citizens incarcerated per capita. I refuse to just blame all those stats on the number of black people in the US. That is a cowards way out.

Of course.

That is due in large part to the "war on drugs."

Exactly, which is a colossal failure (except for those being enriched by it (private prison corps, bloated police budgets, etc.) We need to fight off the rats getting rich from war on drugs and try a better plan. Getting locked up for a plant is retarded. The cabal wants status quo, which is hurting the people. It's dirty, malevolent and harmful. We sink endless billions into a system that is broke, for everyone other than those prospering from it. Other countries pour $ into treatment and education, instead of throwing people in prisons, and it works in all areas, including less drug addicts and less $ being poured into cops and prisons. Our way is just imbecilic. But what would expect from a country who is guarding the largest source of heroin in the world with our military? Obviously, our govt. is neck deep in the heroin trade or why would poppy field explode by 1000% since our occupation in Afg?

I think you could take it a step further and ask what % of a population is indigenous to the country, but even that's hard to define. For instance, do you count Americans from white Europe as being "indigenous" to the country? How do you define that? Or are only Native Americans "indigenous?" And then, what? Are blacks and latinos born here indigenous?

At the risk of sounding racist (especially these days), history does show that blacks are more likely to kill each other - I mean, not in wars - but in general society. The amount of blacks in a society seems to increase violent crimes, which could help explain why our death-by-cops rate is so high. THAT BEING SAID, I refuse to paint the entire subject with that brush. We should strive to have less death by cops and stop being the world leader of citizens incarcerated per capita. I refuse to just blame all those stats on the number of black people in the US. That is a cowards way out.

Um.. blacks are not only more likely to ill each other, they are more likely to kill period. They are also more likely to hold up the local 7 eleven or gas station.

The cowards way out is ignoring the large impact a minority of people have on crime.

•If New York City were all white, the murder rate would drop by 91 percent, the robbery rate by 81 percent, and the shootings rate by 97 percent.

http://www.amren.com/archives/reports/the-color-of-crime-2016-revised-edition/

BlackOffenders.jpg

WhiteOffenders.jpg

Last edited: