• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kordell Stewart awarded $3 mil judgement against ****

Stewey

Reaction score
This topic is not meant to discuss the case itself, but to point out the double standard.
Slash sues gay man for claiming he had sex with him.

If **** sex is supposed to be accepted by society, and is to be regarded as normal as hetero sex, how then can one sue for being accused of merely having sex?

How can gay sex be "defamatory"? How does gay sex damage Kordells image? Its only plain old every day sex that millions engage in right?

This says loud and clear Kordell must be a homophobe and hates gays. Right? This is nothing short of gay bashing.

Perhaps some resident libtard could clear this up for us?

Ex-NFL player Stewart denied the allegations of a relationship and called them 'false and defamatory'
While Caldwell has since retracted his statements, Stewart maintains that the claims damaged his career, image and hurt his family

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4302660/Kordell-Stewart-wins-3m-man-claiming-gay-fling.html

Last edited:
Stewey, the most significant issue is that the defendant did not bother to defend himself, and thereby lost on a default judgment. Here is a picture of the defendant, by the by:

3E2609C500000578-4302660-image-m-11_1489181542995.jpg

So the points you are making are valid, but anybody who wishes to raise those points or defend himself needs to take steps to ... I don't know, defend himself and not go into default.

P.S. I defended a guy (insurance covered on homeowner's "personal injury" coverage) against a defamation claim, as the guy called a group of women "lesbians." (The women lived in a home with 7 women, and one of the former residents said that the ladies liked to share a bit of loving.) Under California law, accusing a woman of being a lesbian was, at the time, slander per se, and damages were presumed.

The theory was that the accusation necessarily accused a woman of having sex outside of marriage, and that carried with it presumed damages. Don't know the law in Georgia where the case was filed, but it may have a similar rule, i.e., that accusing somebody of having homosexual relations results in presumed damages.

Stewey, the most significant issue is that the defendant did not bother to defend himself, and thereby lost on a default judgment. Here is a picture of the defendant, by the by:

3E2609C500000578-4302660-image-m-11_1489181542995.jpg

So the points you are making are valid, but anybody who wishes to raise those points or defend himself needs to take steps to ... I don't know, defend himself and not go into default.

P.S. I defended a guy (insurance covered on homeowner's "personal injury" coverage) against a defamation claim, as the guy called a group of women "lesbians." (The women lived in a home with 7 women, and one of the former residents said that the ladies liked to share a bit of loving.) Under California law, accusing a woman of being a lesbian was, at the time, slander per se, and damages were presumed.

The theory was that the accusation necessarily accused a woman of having sex outside of marriage, and that carried with it presumed damages. Don't know the law in Georgia where the case was filed, but it may have a similar rule, i.e., that accusing somebody of having homosexual relations results in presumed damages.

I understand that he didn't defend himself. Heard the story on the radio...what I was trying to point is that gay sex is supposed to be normal and accepted by society...so slash suing on the grounds of defamation, or that it hurt his image doesn't fit the "**** sex is normal" narrative.. You are in essence implying homosexuality a bad thing.

Take Elfie for example, a gay man. Could he sue a woman who claimed she had sex with him and she never did... This caused him emotional distress.? LOL

This topic is not meant to discuss the case itself, but to point out the double standard.
Slash sues gay man for claiming he had sex with him.

If **** sex is supposed to be accepted by society, and is to be regarded as normal as hetero sex, how then can one sue for being accused of merely having sex?

How can gay sex be "defamatory"? How does gay sex damage Kordells image? Its only plain old every day sex that millions engage in right?

This says loud and clear Kordell must be a homophobe and hates gays. Right? This is nothing short of gay bashing.

Perhaps some resident libtard could clear this up for us?

Ex-NFL player Stewart denied the allegations of a relationship and called them 'false and defamatory'
While Caldwell has since retracted his statements, Stewart maintains that the claims damaged his career, image and hurt his family

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4302660/Kordell-Stewart-wins-3m-man-claiming-gay-fling.html

I'm not a legal aid office paralegal assistant/janitor like Steeltime but, my take on it is the question " What does gay have to do with anything?"

It seems to me like slander is the problem. If this was a woman accusing him it could affect his marriage, or even if he wasn't married but religious he might take it as an assault on his character.

Could be many things, accused of being gay is just one.

I'm not a legal aid office paralegal assistant/janitor like Steeltime but, my take on it is the question " What does gay have to do with anything?"

It seems to me like slander is the problem. If this was a woman accusing him it could affect his marriage, or even if he wasn't married but religious he might take it as an assault on his character.

Could be many things, accused of being gay is just one.

Gay doesn't have anything to do with it. If someone spread a rumor that one of your wives was screwing any man who knocked on the door, you could sue them as well. The award is a little ridiculous if you ask me.

**** you Korkie, don't let the door hit ya where Schenley Park split ya!

He has always been my least favorite Steeler. Slash my ***.

You ca still find Stewart's jerseys on the clearance racks at TJ Maxx......what they didn't ship to Honduras.

Gay doesn't have anything to do with it. If someone spread a rumor that one of your wives was screwing any man who knocked on the door, you could sue them as well. The award is a little ridiculous if you ask me.

none of my wives are allowed to answer the door.
cooking, cleaning and servicing me are their duties.
answering the door is a man's job.

He'd look good in black & gold, wasn't used properly in the press, would probably sign for vet minimum. Could be Ben's backup.

Can you read? I explained it in such simple terms that I presumed even a blithering dimwit (you) would understand it. Accusing somebody of having homosexual relations raises presumed damage under something termed "slander per se."

Dumbass.