• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Libertarian Candidate Gary Johnson Comes Out in Favor of... Carbon Taxes?

Spike

Reaction score
It’s Official: Gary Johnson Is A Left-Wing Candidate, he's a Liberal with a capital L.

So all you Hillary supporters can safely switch to Johnson now!

ha ha

A new revelation about former New Mexico governor Gary Johnson's platform is, unfortunately, part of a continuing series, after he inexplicably came out against religious liberty and former Massachusetts governor Bill Weld expressed dubious sentiments about the Second Amendment.

Again, I ask: Why can't the Libertarian presidential ticket actually espouse libertarianism? The Libertarian Republican writes:

"I do believe that climate change is occurring," Johnson said. "I do believe that it is man-caused" and "that there can be and is a free-market approach to climate change."

Johnson's "free market" approach to global warming, includes "a fee — not a tax, he said — placed on carbon" to make those who emit the greenhouse gas pay the supposed cost of their actions, according to the Juneau Empire.

"We as human beings want to see carbon emissions reduced significantly," he said, adding the U.S. only emits "16 percent of the (global) load" CO2.

Johnson said: "I don't want to do anything that harms jobs."

It's not exactly clear how a "fee" on CO2 would be different than a "tax," but Johnson's announcement was picked up by environmentalists.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/liber...t-in-favor-of...-carbon-taxes/article/2003960

What makes him a Liberal, believing in science or believing that a cost should be paid for?

Well, yea, a good thing he has no prayer in winning. By supporting this, he is a known fraud now.

And yet he's neither killed anyone so far as we know nor is he utterly incompetent as a political leader, again so far as we know.

Yes, we've given ourselves an awesome set of choices this year!

I'm looking forward to the next 4 years. I truly am.

He never had a chance in hell anyway.

The point of my thread is for Hillary supporters to go vote for him... they are listening

Fla Chamber Poll: Donald Trump 44%, Hillary Clinton 41%, Gary Johnson 9%

An Aug. 17-22 Florida Chamber Political Institute statewide poll Trump edging out Hillary Clinton in Florida, 44 percent to 43 percent, in a two-way match up, and 44 percent to 41 percent to 9 percent when Libertarian nominee Gary Johnson is included.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/the-bu...nson-9/2290872

------------------------

Johnson takes votes from Hillary but NOT from Trump

Get it now?

The point of my thread is for Hillary supporters to go vote for him... they are listening
I think that is a marvelous idea.

Fla Chamber Poll: Donald Trump 44%, Hillary Clinton 41%, Gary Johnson 9%

An Aug. 17-22 Florida Chamber Political Institute statewide poll Trump edging out Hillary Clinton in Florida, 44 percent to 43 percent, in a two-way match up, and 44 percent to 41 percent to 9 percent when Libertarian nominee Gary Johnson is included.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/the-bu...nson-9/2290872

------------------------

Johnson takes votes from Hillary but NOT from Trump

Get it now?

Yeah, I got you from the start. It's great that both he and Jill will take votes from Hillary. But my statement is still fact and was intended to make the people who were going to vote for him instead of Trump rethink their stance and not waste their vote on that idiot.

And yet he's neither killed anyone so far as we know nor is he utterly incompetent as a political leader, again so far as we know.

Yes, we've given ourselves an awesome set of choices this year!

I'm looking forward to the next 4 years. I truly am.

"__WE__" had nothing to do with what choices we have now. It's all a play to make use believe we have choices. In reality, we just don't.

more Liberalism for ya

Obama Kept His Promise, 83,000 Coal Jobs Lost And 400 Mines Shuttered

This Labor Day, America has 83,000 fewer coal jobs and 400 coal mines than it did when Barack Obama was elected in 2008, showing that the president has followed through on his pledge to “bankrupt” the coal industry.

“So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can; it’s just that it will bankrupt them, because they’re going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that’s being emitted,” Obama said during a 2008 interview.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/05/o...lycaller&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social