• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Longtime Steelers Tackle Alejandro Villanueva Has Retired

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers longtime left tackle, Alejandro Villanueva has decided to retire. Villanueva spent last season with the Baltimore Ravens after spending 7 seasons with the Steelers from 2014 to 2020.

Villanueva came into the league with the Philadelphia Eagles as a defensive lineman. That was quite the transition for him after playing wide receiver in college at Army. Villanueva was released by the Eagles, and signed by the Steelers during the 2014 preseason and the Steelers would move him to offensive tackle. Under the tutelage of Hall of Famer Mike Munchak he would turn into a Pro Bowl left tackle.

Villanueva would become a starter in 2015 after starter Kelvin Beachum was lost for the season with a knee injury. He would never give up his starting job the rest of his career in Pittsburgh.

Ravens announced that OT Alejandro Villanueva has decided to retire after a seven-year NFL career.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 9, 2022

Villanueva was part of a dominate Steelers offensive line that boasted Pro Bowlers Maurkice Pouncey, David Decastro, Marcus Gilbert and himself. Villanueva made the Pro Bowl in 2017 and 2018.

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

GREAT STEELERS memories and thanks for them all.

Thank you for your service as well

Enjoy life as what it has to offer.

Salute the nation

Saved Steeler football for me by being the only guy to stand outside the tunnel for the anthem. Bravo for standing alone.

Saved Steeler football for me by being the only guy to stand outside the tunnel for the anthem. Bravo for standing alone.

A real hero…… kids need to understand his and so many others sacrifices. Thank you Al for service on and more importantly off the football field.

Enjoy your retirement.

He was super done as a player though. He did a great job as a sleeper agent ruining the Ravens’ line last year.

I'm torn...

Big Al should have retired the year he left us and became a traitor in Baltimore. Anywho...all the best Captain Al.
Alejandro Villanueva signed a two year, $14 million contract with the Ravens. $8 million is guaranteed including a $6.5 million signing bonus.

This could have been part of the reason berm🙂🙂 can you blame him?🙂

Good luck Al!

I always thought the team should have never let him leave.

Good Luck in all of your future endeavors Captain Villanueva.

Wish the Steelers got a ring during his tenure. He deserved it.

also wish he had stayed with the Ravens 1 more year. just to suck up more of their salary cap.