• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Looks like we get to see Cam Heyward for another two years

If the player has any upside at all, it is the smart move. The salary is guaranteed until the start of the 2015 season, which is the day FA begins. So, in essence, you do not even use cap space until the new season starts and if you desire, you can release the player. I see no downside in it.

If he builds on what he showed in the 2nd half of last season, I think we'll be handing him a significant contract extension anyways.

Good move by Steelers, sets the eventual negotiations at this level with performance this season dictating future range, should they desire to lock him up with a longterm deal.

Does this 5th yr option affect either the transition or franchise tags for the player? If not, a team can effectively get 7 years for any 1st round pick....

If he builds on what he showed in the 2nd half of last season, I think we'll be handing him a significant contract extension anyways.

I'm good with it. He has been decent and not great, but getting better.

He's gonna keep getting better. Now if we can just get someone opposite him to lock down Aaron Smith's old spot...

5th year option excersied on Heyward

Steelers Cam Heyward was the only player to have a 2015 5th-yr option officially exercised today. Brings total # to 8. May 3 is the deadline -Jason La Canfora Twitter

Sorry see I'm late.

It's ok, at least you're not pregnant. :)

Excellent! (washes hands in the air)

He's got the pedigree... they found it when they were turning over stones.

He's gonna keep getting better. Now if we can just get someone opposite him to lock down Aaron Smith's old spot...

he is in smith old spot, first hood was put in 09 after smith was put on ir, smith was the le and kimo @ brett the re's.