• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

LOYALTY ????

maowv

Contributor
Reaction score
The offense under Matt Canada has been abysmal with BenRoethlisbrger at the helm. Then it was abysmal with Mitch Trubisky at the helm. Now it is abysmal with Kenny Pickett at the helm.

Every week, the talking heads during pre-game and post-game all say it out loud - Matt Canada must be replaced. The offense is a failure under his guidance.

If Matt Canada is still running the offense out of Tomlin's sense of loyalty, or Art II's sense of loyalty, to Matt Canada then I must ask the obvious question that needs to be asked ...

Where is the loyalty to the 53 men who suit up and risk injury every week for this franchise?

Is Matt Canada the only person in the building deserving of loyalty?

I'm ashamed of the organization that I have worshipped since I was 7 years old and my dad took me to Three Rivers for the first time.

Art the dookie’s loyalty is to the mighty dollar. I don’t believe he has the same connection to the team as his father. Also, some people like to call “indecisive” loyalty. You can be just as wrong, waiting too long, as waiting too little.

A better question is where is the loyalty to all the fans that love this team and pay all the bills. I am with you, I have been a fan for over FIFTY years. I can deal with some bad seasons or some big game let downs but this ownership acts like they do not give two ***** about winning or the fans. people always question the players hearts if they don't give a 100 percent towards winning, I'm calling out Art deuce heart. maybe he needs to just go ahead and cash in his chips and sell the team to someone that actually love's the team and the game more than they love the next dollar.

The offense under Matt Canada has been abysmal with BenRoethlisbrger at the helm. Then it was abysmal with Mitch Trubisky at the helm. Now it is abysmal with Kenny Pickett at the helm.

Every week, the talking heads during pre-game and post-game all say it out loud - Matt Canada must be replaced. The offense is a failure under his guidance.

If Matt Canada is still running the offense out of Tomlin's sense of loyalty, or Art II's sense of loyalty, to Matt Canada then I must ask the obvious question that needs to be asked ...

Where is the loyalty to the 53 men who suit up and risk injury every week for this franchise?

Is Matt Canada the only person in the building deserving of loyalty?

I'm ashamed of the organization that I have worshipped since I was 7 years old and my dad took me to Three Rivers for the first time.
Sure. But can other teams claim to be as consistent as we are and are they able to tout the same hiring practices that we have?

I'm pretty sure Art looks at it from a standpoint of, "We already have 6 in the case and I can always jack up hot dogs another $3 per".

Sure. But can other teams claim to be as consistent as we are and are they able to tout the same hiring practices that we have?

I'm pretty sure Art looks at it from a standpoint of, "We already have 6 in the case and I can always jack up hot dogs another $3 per".
His grandfather and father filled that case.
Art II is struggling to fill the stadium.

Some people are actually afraid to make decisions that need to be done. Can you imagine the outrage from EVERYONE if he replaces Tomlin and the next guy does worse? I believe this is the real motivation behind AR2’s inaction. Add in the fact that money continues to roll in, and why really put yourself in the position to be REALLY hated.

Some people are actually afraid to make decisions that need to be done. Can you imagine the outrage from EVERYONE if he replaces Tomlin and the next guy does worse? I believe this is the real motivation behind AR2’s inaction. Add in the fact that money continues to roll in, and why really put yourself in the position to be REALLY hated.
Not me. Replace Tomlin with a dead pigeon and I am happy. At least they tried. We know what we have with him - suckville, but not the bad part of suckville. No thanks.

Unless the next guy hires blind, deaf mutes for coordinators, and tranny chicks in the draft, I will appreciate the effort. If he does hire them, Supe will be happy, so there's that.

Not me. Replace Tomlin with a dead pigeon and I am happy. At least they tried. We know what we have with him - suckville, but not the bad part of suckville. No thanks.

Unless the next guy hires blind, deaf mutes for coordinators, and tranny chicks in the draft, I will appreciate the effort. If he does hire them, Supe will be happy, so there's that.
Yeah, but you are not the bandwagon fan that predominates the current fan base. You think the uproar is bad now, Jesus Christ it would be 100 times as bad.

I say the only way this happens is if Art prioritizes the "rule" again over competency and talent. Think about it. Tomlin was a defensive assistant for like 5 minutes before we decided he's our guy. The dude had no resume, but he checked another box that satisfied an agenda of the Rooney's. If we go into hiring the next guy with no agenda and prioritizing wanting the best candidate, we won't get "worse". Sh.it. I say it's debatable how much worse we can actually get. Now, if Todd Bowles is on the market during our hunt, God help us.

That is not the he way Dookie is wired. You can bet right now, the next HC will be a minority. Not saying that is good or bad, but he will want to be revered for it. I have never been against giving someone the chance to prove themselves, just against being afraid to move on when necessary.

The past 4-5 years have shown this team has zero interest in building toward a championship contender. The NFL doesn't even have a strong team this year and an average offense would have the Steelers as a legitimate contender.

Bill Cowher's last six years VS Tomlin last six years. Cowher has 2 non play off seasons, one wild card loss, two AFCCG loss both against the cheaters and one with a ROOKIE QB, he also had a SB win with the same QB. the second losing season was with Cowher having to deal with a dying wife and a Qb that almost bit it in a motorcycle accident, and appendicitis.

Mike Tomlin has three non playoff season, two wild card losses and one AFCCG loss all with a HOF QB leading his team.

I even went a bit further and compared the first fifteen years with Noll, Cowher and Tomlin. I did fifteen years because that was all Cowher coached, Oddly enough all three coaches made the playoff's Ten time in that span. Now lets look at the difference.

Noll missed playoffs (5) times, (1) wild card loss, (2) divisional losses, (3) AFCCG losses and four SB wins.

Cowher. Missed playoffs (5) times, (1) wild card loss, (3) divisional losses, (4) AFCCG losses, (1) SB loss and (1) SB win

Tomlin missed playoffs (5) times, (5) wild card losses, {2) divisional losses, (1) AFCCG loss, (1) SB Loss, (1) SB win. Tomlin also had a HOF QB for those 15 seasons.

The thing is out of these three Tomlin was the only one that took over a SB caliber team with a HOF QB Noll and Cowher both built their teams and Cowher was the only one that only had a HOF QB for three years.

I posted all of that to say this. Noll won four SB's and went to three more AFCCG's and people were eventually were calling for his job.

Cowher's last three years consisted of 1 AFCCG loss SB win and 1 losing season and people wanted not only for him to be fired but they were calling for his balls to be cut off.

In Tomlin's last 5 full seasons he has missed the playoffs three times and lost in the wild card rd twice, this year aint looking too promising either.

Noll 16 playoff wins 8 losses, still called for his job

Cowher 12 playoff wins 9 losses, still called for his job

Tomlin 8 playoff wins 9 losses, still has people believing he is top 5 coaches in the league and the problems rest with every body else.

yeah its time for Mikey to take the train.

As a side note I honestly believe that if Cowher would have coached 4 more years he would have had 2 or three more SB trophy's with Ben leading this team.

damn that was long winded.. lol

Are you saying Supe would be good with any of the said hirees or just the tranny type ones ?

Salute the nation

Bill Cowher's last six years VS Tomlin last six years. Cowher has 2 non play off seasons, one wild card loss, two AFCCG loss both against the cheaters and one with a ROOKIE QB, he also had a SB win with the same QB. the second losing season was with Cowher having to deal with a dying wife and a Qb that almost bit it in a motorcycle accident, and appendicitis.

Mike Tomlin has three non playoff season, two wild card losses and one AFCCG loss all with a HOF QB leading his team.

I even went a bit further and compared the first fifteen years with Noll, Cowher and Tomlin. I did fifteen years because that was all Cowher coached, Oddly enough all three coaches made the playoff's Ten time in that span. Now lets look at the difference.

Noll missed playoffs (5) times, (1) wild card loss, (2) divisional losses, (3) AFCCG losses and four SB wins.

Cowher. Missed playoffs (5) times, (1) wild card loss, (3) divisional losses, (4) AFCCG losses, (1) SB loss and (1) SB win

Tomlin missed playoffs (5) times, (5) wild card losses, {2) divisional losses, (1) AFCCG loss, (1) SB Loss, (1) SB win. Tomlin also had a HOF QB for those 15 seasons.

The thing is out of these three Tomlin was the only one that took over a SB caliber team with a HOF QB Noll and Cowher both built their teams and Cowher was the only one that only had a HOF QB for three years.

I posted all of that to say this. Noll won four SB's and went to three more AFCCG's and people were eventually were calling for his job.

Cowher's last three years consisted of 1 AFCCG loss SB win and 1 losing season and people wanted not only for him to be fired but they were calling for his balls to be cut off.

In Tomlin's last 5 full seasons he has missed the playoffs three times and lost in the wild card rd twice, this year aint looking too promising either.

Noll 16 playoff wins 8 losses, still called for his job

Cowher 12 playoff wins 9 losses, still called for his job

Tomlin 8 playoff wins 9 losses, still has people believing he is top 5 coaches in the league and the problems rest with every body else.

yeah its time for Mikey to take the train.

As a side note I honestly believe that if Cowher would have coached 4 more years he would have had 2 or three more SB trophy's with Ben leading this team.

damn that was long winded.. lol
Cowher was mentally checked out in 2006 with everything going on with his wife. I agree, if his wife didn’t have cancer. I think Cowher stays coaching longer and definitely gets a couple more rings to add

Lol.

Seriously, good post and a breakdown of how the Twitter-age Steelers fans don't value playoff wins at all. To add to your post, Tomlin has only won a playoff game in 4 of his 16 seasons (not including this season).

Cowher won a playoff game in 8 of 15 seasons. Noll in 8 of 23 seasons.

Lol.

Seriously, good post and a breakdown of how the Twitter-age Steelers fans don't value playoff wins at all. To add to your post, Tomlin has only won a playoff game in 4 of his 16 seasons (not including this season).

Thanks for the exact breakdown on that, I knew there was a significant distance there, this shows it very well.

The Media has hoodwinked many into false belief that Tomlin is the best STEELERS coach all time, it all comes back to that “never a losing season” bull-****. Tomlin hasn’t done anything, or the least amount possible with fairly talented teams & a full fledge HOF quarterback that is easily in the top 10 ever but more than likely top 5 / 6 all time.

Salute the nation

Dont forget how BADLY we were beaten in some of those playoff losses.

Like a rented mule——————————-

Salute the nation

Lol.

It's crazy how similar Cowher and Nolls numbers are. the difference is Noll never had to deal with free agency and he had Terry Bradshaw, if Cower has Roethlisberger for 3 or 4 more years of those 15 years I think he has better numbers than Noll.

It's crazy how similar Cowher and Nolls numbers are. the difference is Noll never had to deal with free agency and he had Terry Bradshaw, if Cower has Roethlisberger for 3 or 4 more years of those 15 years I think he has better numbers than Noll.

I also think Cowher would come away with two more SBs in 3 years or 3 in five, Bill’s ONLY piece of the puzzle missing, for several years was a QB. He had overall great teams and would have went far.

Believe me, HUGED respect to the emperor, but Cowher may have even passed him.

Our current coach,………. Not so much.

Noll took over a god awful team that had never won **** and look what the hell they built. Damn near took out the 72 dolphins. If they had met just a few years later, the dolphins would have never stood a chance.

We're so far away from Noll and Cowher's teams that the only thing they really share now is the colors.

That mojo and championship mentality is long gone.

The only thing that's given me a glimmer of hope is the running game the last 3 weeks.

Yeah, but you are not the bandwagon fan that predominates the current fan base. You think the uproar is bad now, Jesus Christ it would be 100 times as bad.
Only if the next coach is a white guy.

Noll took over a god awful team that had never won **** and look what the hell they built. Damn near took out the 72 dolphins. If they had met just a few years later, the dolphins would have never stood a chance.

We're so far away from Noll and Cowher's teams that the only thing they really share now is the colors.

That mojo and championship mentality is long gone.

The only thing that's given me a glimmer of hope is the running game the last 3 weeks.
The steelers died when Cowher’s guys started retiring. Tomlin hits a throwback player on occasion. Cam, TJ, Highsmith and Warren could’ve been Cowher era guys