• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Macy's and plates

The plates are white and racist.

margot_robbie_once_upon_a_time_in_hollywood_embed.jpg

second time you've posted her, Indy. Who is she, and when will she be on my plate?

Yeah, she is in 3 or 4 threads now.

second time you've posted her, Indy. Who is she, and when will she be on my plate?

Margot Robbie, from last night's movie premier of Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, Tarantino's new one.

Be willing to bet that all that are complaining are 200 pounds plus.

Exactly what I thought. One angry twitter response, "How dare Macy's suggest that controlling calorie intake can affect a woman's weight!"

Uhhhh ... You're not large-boned; you just eat a ton of stuff off of large bones.

Exactly what I thought. One angry twitter response, "How dare Macy's suggest that controlling calorie intake can affect a woman's weight!"

Uhhhh ... You're not large-boned; you just eat a ton of stuff off of large bones.

That response definitely sounds like someone sarcastically trolling the outrage brigade to me.

That response definitely sounds like someone sarcastically trolling the outrage brigade to me.

Nope. I paraphrased the comment, but summed up the essence and it was made as serious as a heart attack. Or a missed meal.

The terms used on the plates can easily be called 'fat-shaming' and it's a big no-no these days.

Now if they were sold in a place like Spencer's Gifts or Hot Topic as gag gifts, they'd be perfectly all right. I can actually see them used between girlfriends at milestone birthday parties.

The terms used on the plates can easily be called 'fat-shaming' and it's a big no-no these days.

Just have the plates insult white males as murderers, evil rapists, and destroyers of all things productive.

Who could possibly take offense at that?