• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Man gets shot while taking this selfie video

Spike

Reaction score

'Duck and cover yo'

Damn. Kinda movie like with the blue skies and clouds.

Secure the scene, make sure you're not a target first.... that's combat ambulance medic advice

I don't understand how that could happen since handguns are illegal in Chicago?
I wonder if Wendy Bell has seen this yet?

Gotta give it to his homeboy standing over him and returning fire. That's friendship.

The guy with the gun was the shooter according to a news story,

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/crime/115140626-story

“It looks like one of the things he wanted to do was say to everyone, I'm here, I'm brave, I'm strong, I am so strong that I can be in a rival group's neighborhood and video tape it,” Patton said.

Police say it appears Fields was taunting his rivals. At the last second, he sees something out of the corner of his eye and then gets shot, dropping his cell phone as he ran.

The gunman then stands right over the phone and fires sixteen shots. Fields was struck five times.

A male witness who lives down the street spoke to FOX 32.

“I heard the shots, and as I heard the shots the first instinct is to just run,” the man said.

Brandon Reynolds, who works to help youth in gangs, says while the video is disturbing, there's another aspect that's equally troubling because of the long term impact.

“Youth are really desensitized to stuff like that. A lot of people posted that through Facebook, it went viral and kids were watching that and posting it and then right after that went and played video games or did whatever they wanted to do,” Reynolds said.

There is no indication that Fields was hit inadvertently or that it was a case of mistaken identity, Guglielmi said.

"He was certainly targeted," he said. "We are trying to find out why."

Suburbanites climb rocks, sky dive and bungee jump for thrills.

Urbanites dodge bullets in the rival gang's hood.

In the immortal words of Chance Boudreaux: "Poor people get bored too."

the STOP sign is very cool in regards to what happened.

The news article on this said that the guy who was shot himself was convicted of murder in '05. How the **** is he not in prison having been convicted of murder only 11 years ago. The system is so beyond ****** up.