• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mexican government bans Mexican flag shirts

Rod Farva

Reaction score
.....people may no longer wear Mexican flag shirts in Mexico on the 4th of July as a sign of respect for America.

In addition, Defendant Rodriguez has testified that he did not see any students wearing the Mexican flag on their clothing during the day. He also testified that he did not see any students with Mexican flags displayed on their person until he saw photos in the newspaper in the days following Cinco de Mayo.” - See more at: http://www.educationnews.org/k-12-s...-california-high-school/#sthash.Oh1dbch1.dpuf

Nahh....just kidding.....it was us.

http://www.educationnews.org/k-12-schools/american-flag-shirt-ban-upheld-at-california-high-school/

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
yay. can we still eat burritos and tacos on Cinco de Mayo?

ark steel

Reaction score
Lol. So, rather than punish those who breaks the rules by being violent, punish some who hasn't broken a rule, until you made one up. Good plan.

Would it be crass to point out that it should be considered racists to assume that the Mexican-Americans will become violent?

S

Steel Not A Player

Slippery slope.

There's no question that the kids wore the flags in order to provoke the other students. So from a pragmatic standpoint, it's like wearing gang colors on campus. You throw up your colors and wait for a reaction. I do this all the time with my Terrible Towel. Why? Because I'm all Steel so **** your team. The school was trying to prevent a fight. Just as they would be trying to prevent being sued by a parent if a kid wore a shirt with **** or marijuana on it.

Having said that, they should have let the kids wear the shirts and fight it out. Our mamby pamby "teens are babies" helicopter parent society won't just let boys be boys. Boys fight. Always have, and always will. Fighting teaches important life lessons, like why it's bad to pick a fight on uneven ground. Highly useful thing to learn, actually.

Stoney

Reaction score
Slippery slope.

There's no question that the kids wore the flags in order to provoke the other students. So from a pragmatic standpoint, it's like wearing gang colors on campus. You throw up your colors and wait for a reaction. I do this all the time with my Terrible Towel. Why? Because I'm all Steel so **** your team. The school was trying to prevent a fight. Just as they would be trying to prevent being sued by a parent if a kid wore a shirt with **** or marijuana on it.

Having said that, they should have let the kids wear the shirts and fight it out. Our mamby pamby "teens are babies" helicopter parent society won't just let boys be boys. Boys fight. Always have, and always will. Fighting teaches important life lessons, like why it's bad to pick a fight on uneven ground. Highly useful thing to learn, actually.

So then wearing a Mexican flag in a country that isn't Mexico is also like wearing gang colors, right?

S

Steel Not A Player

So then wearing a Mexican flag in a country that isn't Mexico is also like wearing gang colors, right?

Let's pretend for a second that school isn't out for Independence day.

A bunch of Mexican kids show up flying all their home colors to try to disrupt the patriotic festivities. Then yeah, it's the same thing and I take the same position. But I also support the same outcome as I did before: let em fight it out.

Here's a good one. 9/11. A bunch of kids show up to school with Bin Laden t-shirts on during the school 9/11 memorial. Don't you think those kids are trying to start ****/antagonize? Don't you think they could stand to have their ***** whipped?

Cuz I do.

Don't start none, won't be none.