• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Minneapolis: Muslim call to prayer blasted over loudspeakers 5 times a day in U.S.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
The Muslim call to prayer, known as the adhan, will echo from loudspeakers through parts of Minneapolis five times per day for the entirety of Ramadan in what is believed the be the first time the Islamic call has been publicly broadcast in a major U.S. city.

An English translation of the adhan:

Allah is the Greatest! Allah is the Greatest!
Allah is the Greatest! Allah is the Greatest!
I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but Allah.
I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but Allah.
I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.
I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.
Hurry to prayer, hurry to prayer.
Hurry to salvation, hurry to salvation.

Imam Abdisalam Adam, who is on the board of the Dar al-Hijrah mosque, from where the adhan will be broadcast, said, "There's definitely a lot of excitement ... Some people see it as historic."

The city granted a noise permit for the broadcasts.

https://disrn.com/news/muslim-call-to-prayer-blasted-over-loudspeakers-5-times-a-day-in-minneapolis

Try to put up a Christmas tree or post the Ten Commandments on public property, and you have a constitutional crisis. But a Muslim prayer? Eh, give 'em a noise permit and let then blast it so that everyone in the city has to hear it five times a day.

This is the religion where men have authority over women and homosexuals are punished.

Will the liberals out there please explain?

Libtards love terrorists because they both hate America.

Slippery slope....twenty years from now they will have their religious vice police clearing the streets with sticks during prayer. I saw it first hand in the desert....they don't play and take it serious. You give them rope, they will hang you with it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I’d get one of those train blow horn things for a vehicle and when it went off me and my buds a blowing that **** the whole time.

All I heard was Allah does not exist. Muhammad was a murdering schizophrenic slave owning pedophile psychopath shitbag.

Libtards love terrorists because they both hate America.

We've finally given liberals a war against fundamentalism, and they don't want to fight it. They would except that it would put them on the same side as the United States.

Ann Coulter

I'm thinking every ******* AR in the ******* town will empty a 30-round magazine 5 times per day until the **** stops.

Why shouldn't American citizens be allowed to practice their faith openly? Don't deflect the question by citing how us Christians have been suppressed by the left. I get that. But why shouldn't every American be allowed to practice his or her faith? Isn't that a First Amendment right?

Why shouldn't American citizens be allowed to practice their faith openly? Don't deflect the question by citing how us Christians have been suppressed by the left. I get that. But why shouldn't every American be allowed to practice his or her faith? Isn't that a First Amendment right?

They absolutely should be able to. But Sharia law should be banned in no uncertain terms. When Christian Churches have carillons though there better not be **** all said about them.

They absolutely should be able to. But Sharia law should be banned in no uncertain terms. When Christian Churches have carillons though there better not be **** all said about them.

My take: Muzzies are free to return to Buttfuckistan or whatever other shithole they escaped if they want to hear a wailing, screeching noise that sounds like a cat stuck in a dryer five times per day.

That loathesome noise in the United States? No. Not here, not now, not ever. Ever. Loudspeaker vs. 5.56? I go with the 5.56 10 times out of 10.

"noise permit"

yet the cops crack down on teenagers with 500-watt sound systems in their cars in parking lots.

They are allowed. The issue is blasting their prayers across the city, which should not be allowed. Keep it in your place of worship.

They are allowed. The issue is blasting their prayers across the city, which should not be allowed. Keep it in your place of worship.

But, that is why it's a Call To Prayer. Muslims pray as it is played just as they've done for centuries. It's no different than the Methodists praying every hour when the Church bells rang. Well, at least they used to at the start of the Church. We may not like it and Hell, after 9/11 it's understandable to still feel betrayal and angst against a religion, albeit the extremist sect, who perpetrated the attacks. But we shouldn't make an exception to people's Constitutional rights to practice their religion freely, no matter if it's a child praying before class begins at school or a Muslim child praying when the Call To Prayer begins.

Now, DBS makes a great point in that Sharia Law should not be allowed to trump any laws as they are UN-Constitutional at both the State and Federal levels.

But, that is why it's a Call To Prayer. Muslims pray as it is played just as they've done for centuries. It's no different than the Methodists praying every hour when the Church bells rang. Well, at least they used to at the start of the Church. We may not like it and Hell, after 9/11 it's understandable to still feel betrayal and angst against a religion, albeit the extremist sect, who perpetrated the attacks. But we shouldn't make an exception to people's Constitutional rights to practice their religion freely, no matter if it's a child praying before class begins at school or a Muslim child praying when the Call To Prayer begins.

Now, DBS makes a great point in that Sharia Law should not be allowed to trump any laws as they are UN-Constitutional at both the State and Federal levels.

Disagree. Should not have speakers broadcasting this crap across a city anymore than broadcasting a sermon or any other service - or anything. That's why there are noise ordinances. Practice your religion as long as it doesn't disturb he peace. Go ahead and lay down on the sidewalk five times a day, but don't make the rest of the town hear your service. The noise permit was the first mistake here.

Salami Boloney.

I posted this in the Pro-Dem thread but, really, who reads that?

No ******* red blooded American in that city owns a PA to blast some death metal over the top of that? ****,.... this country is truly done.

Oh, and the "church bells" analogy ...

Exactly where are hypothetical church bells were going off five times per day, seven days per week?

Oh, and the "church bells" analogy ...

Exactly where are hypothetical church bells were going off five times per day, seven days per week?

So...you haven't heard church bells go off on the hour, 7 days a week? Here in my small town in PA, we have two churches that do just that. I was in London last year and heard St. Pauls Cathedral bells do it as well. No?

So...you haven't heard church bells go off on the hour, 7 days a week? Here in my small town in PA, we have two churches that do just that. I was in London last year and heard St. Pauls Cathedral bells do it as well. No?

No, never. I have lived in Northern California, Southern California, and Arizona. Visited 27 states, Canada, Mexico. Never heard church bells except one time in either Pennsylvania or Florida, cannot recall which, for the 10:00 a.m. mass. That's it. The vast majority of churches don't have bells, for crying out loud.

If a church had a bell going off every hour, on the hour, I would do whatever I could to get it to stop.

So your theory, if I understand it, is that because some churches have incredibly annoying bells going off all the time, then having some Muzzie squealing like a pig with his leg stuck in the fence five times per day is acceptable? Yeah, no.

Last edited: