• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mock it! Ian Cummings Draft

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

17) Pittsburgh Steelers (From JAX): JC Latham, OT, Alabama​

Trade: Steelers receive No. 17 pick, 2025 sixth-round pick, Jaguars receive No. 20 pick, No. 84 pick, 2025 fourth-round pick

In the 2023 NFL Draft, the Steelers traded up from No. 17 to No. 14 to take Broderick Jones. In this 2024 NFL Mock Draft, they trade up to No. 17 for Alabama’s JC Latham, sniping him ahead of Cincinnati.

Latham is a near blue-chip prospect on my board, whose acquisition is a two-fold victory for Pittsburgh. He’s a menacing blocker who also allows Jones to move to the left side.

51) Pittsburgh Steelers: Christian Haynes, OL, UConn​

In this 2024 NFL Mock Draft scenario, the Steelers would experiment with Christian Haynes at center. He’ll need to improve his snaps, but he’s a tone-setter with dominating explosiveness, power, and strength.

119) Pittsburgh Steelers

Khyree Jackson, CB, Oregon
120) Pittsburgh Steelers

Malik Mustapha, S, Wake Forest

196) Pittsburgh Steelers

Jarrian Jones, CB, Florida State

237) Pittsburgh Steelers

Devaughn Vele, WR, Utah

my mock:

20. Graham Barton, OL, Duke. Mims has long been my pick in various mocks, but Barton can play every position on the OL. This allows me to either flip Jones over to LT and put Barton at RT - or plug him in at Center. Win-Win either way.

56. Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas. Finally we replace Shazier.

84. Kris Jenkins, DT, Meatchicken. Adding some beef on the DL to pair with Benton. Possibly Cam's long-term replacement.

119. Khyree Jackson, CB, Oregon. Another long CB! and in the 4th. Dude is 6'3". Pairing nicely with Peezy Jr. Shutdown City.

120. Jordan Travis, QB, Florida State. Shouldn't be here, but that broken leg... and gives me insurance against Pickett not being the man going forward.

196. Xavier Thomas, Edge, Clemson. We need more pressure from the edge from the backups.

237. Curtis Jacobs, LB, Penn State.

20. Brian Thomas Jr., WR, LSU- Guy is just so explosive. He would open up the offense.

56. Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas. - with one of the ILbers in recovery mode and the other a free agent it provides some insurance at the position.

84.Jacksonville Jaguars: Kris Jenkins, DT, Michigan- Brings some solid depth at the position.

119. Khyree Jackson, CB, Oregon- depth for a position short on bodies.

120.Cam Hart, CB, Notre Dame- Solid value this late.

196.Josh Proctor, S, Ohio State- Another body on the woodpile.

237. Tykee Smith, S, Georgia. Couldn't pass him up this late.

In free agency I would look at QB, RT, and C.

Last edited:
It will be interesting if JPJ and Graham Barton are both in play at 20. Steelers traditionally go with the more versatile player which is Barton but JPJ is about as close as you can get to a sure thing at center. Allot of well deserved hype regarding Barton as well, I wouldn't be surprised if one of these two end up being the pick. Like Cooper in round two if he's still around.

Trade: Steelers receive No. 17 pick, 2025 sixth-round pick, Jaguars receive No. 20 pick, No. 84 pick, 2025 fourth-round pick

In the 2023 NFL Draft, the Steelers traded up from No. 17 to No. 14 to take Broderick Jones. In this 2024 NFL Mock Draft, they trade up to No. 17 for Alabama’s JC Latham, sniping him ahead of Cincinnati.

Latham is a near blue-chip prospect on my board, whose acquisition is a two-fold victory for Pittsburgh. He’s a menacing blocker who also allows Jones to move to the left side.

In this 2024 NFL Mock Draft scenario, the Steelers would experiment with Christian Haynes at center. He’ll need to improve his snaps, but he’s a tone-setter with dominating explosiveness, power, and strength.

119) Pittsburgh Steelers

120) Pittsburgh Steelers

196) Pittsburgh Steelers

237) Pittsburgh Steelers

Devaughn Vele, WR, Utah

I love the 1st round action / pick.

Disappointed in a “project” center, can’t we draft an actual center that is good and not a project / experiment ?

Great Mock Supe, I’d take it if it were up to me.

Salute the nation

I may sound like a broken record, but I need trench workers, and BAD.

OC / RT / DL—- Free agents can bolster this, but if either KStilley guys are there, you’ve got to take one.

We are still struggling for the pass on CREED.

Salute the nation

FA is for needs now, Draft is to build the team for the future. Yes early picks are expected to pay off early, but rookies waiting a bit isn’t the end of the world.

my mock:

20. Graham Barton, OL, Duke. Mims has long been my pick in various mocks, but Barton can play every position on the OL. This allows me to either flip Jones over to LT and put Barton at RT - or plug him in at Center. Win-Win either way.

56. Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas. Finally we replace Shazier.

84. Kris Jenkins, DT, Meatchicken. Adding some beef on the DL to pair with Benton. Possibly Cam's long-term replacement.

119. Khyree Jackson, CB, Oregon. Another long CB! and in the 4th. Dude is 6'3". Pairing nicely with Peezy Jr. Shutdown City.

120. Jordan Travis, QB, Florida State. Shouldn't be here, but that broken leg... and gives me insurance against Pickett not being the man going forward.

196. Xavier Thomas, Edge, Clemson. We need more pressure from the edge from the backups.

237. Curtis Jacobs, LB, Penn State.
Seems far superior to Mr. Cummings’ draft imo, like it

Had my eye on Jenkins too for exact same thought

Seems far superior to Mr. Cummings’ draft imo, like it

Had my eye on Jenkins too for exact same thought
I also want to touch on Mims. He might be the highest ceiling vs high bust potential of all the potential Ts in this class. Due to injury and lack of playing time.

I like the guy but he does come with considerable risk. Perhaps too much of a risk for the Steelers to take on in 1.

I also want to touch on Mims. He might be the highest ceiling vs high bust potential of all the potential Ts in this class. Due to injury and lack of playing time.

I like the guy but he does come with considerable risk. Perhaps too much of a risk for the Steelers to take on in 1.
I think you're spot on with this assessment on Mims. I'm on the fence with this guy due to a lack of exposure and injuries but sitting at the University of Georgia with the abundance of studs they have is not like sitting at the majority of division 1 schools.

Kris Jenkins at 84, his size fits the steeler mold for a D lineman for the most part, 6'3" might be a little short but I'm afraid he may measure an inch or so less (a problem we all have) than advertised. His production at Michigan wasn't great, better than Mazi Smith last year out of Michigan who the cryboys took in the first round. Smith is definitely heavier and would have been used differently in Pittsburgh than Jenkins. Smith didn't fair well his rookie year, I think Jenkins future is brighter and I wouldn't be upset if he's the pick at 84.

gotta agree on Mims Slash, even with my Bulldog glasses on i'd have apprehensions about taking him at 20

He could be a great tackle, but with where our roster is at I'm not sure could be a great tackle is worth the risk

No way they don't need or won't take a wr in the first three rounds. 50 percent chance DJ is not a Steeler in the fall. Even if they add Boyd or someone tgey need a wr bad.

119) Pittsburgh Steelers

120) Pittsburgh Steelers

196) Pittsburgh Steelers

237) Pittsburgh Steelers

Devaughn Vele, WR, Utah
Thank you for the boner...